Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 21, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #5,356 of 6,459
I believe it's exactly the same as the black Drausk. Just a clear jacket to show off that good looking OCC copper. But technically the same.

You can always reach out to Trevor to get the official word on this. But I'm almost certain it's the same.
Thanks, good to hear! It must just be the lighting or something then, because the pictures of the black version on the site look really rugged and firm, whereas the pictures of the clear version someone posted in the thread (at least to me) have this more delicate look to them. They look less “heavy-duty” than the black pictures.

May 22, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #5,357 of 6,459
I certainly understand your frustration with an email not being replied to, but there could be an explanation you are not aware of.
So if using using contact form on site I have had some issues lately with certain email domains (specifically yahoo and hotmail), everything else seems fine.
Please try using the direct email addy at the very bottom of the page. It could be the case that I never got your original email in my inbox. My email replies right now are actually within 24 hours, so anything longer than this please try a direct email or bump. Sorry that you had the issue with the email it has happened to a few others.
I am working on a fix for the current captcha based contact form. Thanks for the patience.

I actually used the direct email, not the contact form site.
Anyway I just resent the email again.

May 22, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #5,358 of 6,459
Thanks, good to hear! It must just be the lighting or something then, because the pictures of the black version on the site look really rugged and firm, whereas the pictures of the clear version someone posted in the thread (at least to me) have this more delicate look to them. They look less “heavy-duty” than the black pictures.

I think it's just the way they look in the pictures. In hand, my black Drausk has a real supple feel to it.

May 22, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #5,359 of 6,459
I actually used the direct email, not the contact form site.
Anyway I just resent the email again.
Very strange did you do the linked gmail addy or info@ email, sending you a quick PM, I will figure this one out. Thanks for the patience again.

edit:
I believe I located your email just now, will message you to confirm. They were in the spam folder
and I did miss them.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #5,360 of 6,459
I think it's just the way they look in the pictures. In hand, my black Drausk has a real supple feel to it.
Agreed that it must be the photo lighting giving that impression. My clear Drausk is very supple, flows like water, and is completely non-microphonic. Yet it is obviously durable and exceptionally well made. (I think it’s my photo you are referring to)

May 22, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #5,361 of 6,459
Agreed that it must be the photo lighting giving that impression. My clear Drausk is very supple, flows like water, and is completely non-microphonic. Yet it is obviously durable and exceptionally well made. (I think it’s my photo you are referring to)

I believe this is your photo below. It's what pushed me over the edge (into cable insanity):

Norne Audio Drausk ('AudioDuck '').jpeg

May 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #5,362 of 6,459
I believe this is your photo below. It's what pushed me over the edge (into cable insanity):

Yeah, it’s definitely just an illusion then. Like this picture makes the black version look like it’s a completely different outer material than yours. But good to know they’re the same!

Attachments

• 787AE590-0178-4123-AB81-133B448FAFE3.jpeg
    787AE590-0178-4123-AB81-133B448FAFE3.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #5,363 of 6,459

Norne Audio Drausk ('AudioDuck '').jpeg
All part of my evil plan! Moooohaaaaha! 😈

May 23, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #5,366 of 6,459
May 26, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #5,369 of 6,459
Okay, I received my S4 8-wire today, and the first question which comes to mind is whether cables also need to be subjected to "burn-in" processes like most other Audio components. I ordinarily use all my cables as needed, and do not subject them to any deliberate burn-in processes, even though I put most other components I have got through those processes. Under such circumstances, the only burn-in which occurs with my cables do so by default through normal use, so the ones I habitually use tend to get all the "burn-in" I ever do, whereas those I do not habitually use simply lie fallow, so to speak, and can do so for years. There are cables I've had for 4-5 years which have only seen less than an hour of use, if that, not because I did not like them, but because I was in the habit of using other cables in the arsenal for certain habitually used cans, and the "turn" of the neglected cables to be used never seem to come...

It strikes me now that I could be doing something wrong. For one thing, if cables do require some burn-in to eventually sound their best, then it means that only the ones in my collection that get frequent play time have the opportunity to aspire to sound their best...

So am I doing something wrong by not putting my cables through formal "burn-in" processes? I want to know what the cable "burn-in" best practices are, if there are any such processes. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #5,370 of 6,459
Okay, I received my S4 8-wire today, and the first question which comes to mind is whether cables also need to be subjected to "burn-in" processes like most other Audio components. I ordinarily use all my cables as needed, and do not subject any to deliberate burn-in processes, even though I put most other components I have got through those processes. Under such circumstances, the only burn-in which occurs with my cables do so by default through normal use, so the ones I habitually use tend to get all the "burn-in" I ever do, whereas those I do not habitually use simply lie fallow, so to speak, and can do so for years. There are cables I've had for 4-5 years which have only seen less than an hour of use, if that, not because I did not like them, but because I was in the habit of using other cables in the arsenal for setting cans, and "turn" of the neglected cables to be used never seem to come...

It strikes me now that I could be doing something wrong. For one thing, if cables do require some burn-in to eventually sound their best, then it means that only the ones in my collection that get frequent play time have the opportunity to aspire to sound their best...

So am I doing something wrong by not putting my cables through formal "burn-in" processes? I want to know what the best cable "burn-in" best practices are, if there are any such processes. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.
I just use them knowing that in about 50 to 100 hours I will be hearing the final product, and don't make any judgment until then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back