Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 9, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #4,981 of 6,459
That makes the cable like 3-4x as expensive as the headphone :D

Is it the only headphone you use it for?
For now, yes, I am only using it with the Senns. I am going to reterminate for 3.5 or mini xlr at some point in the near future once I can get my headphones sorted out.

One problem I run into when ordering Norne cables is that sometimes I swap to a different headphone by the time the cable gets finished up. I am finally in a long term ownership position with some Hifimans, and next I am looking at some PM2's to start working on. My Drausk was coming without final terminations...It was meant for hardwire work onto a set of HE6, but I am now not sure where its going to end up!

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #4,982 of 6,459
For now, yes, I am only using it with the Senns. I am going to reterminate for 3.5 or mini xlr at some point in the near future once I can get my headphones sorted out.

One problem I run into when ordering Norne cables is that sometimes I swap to a different headphone by the time the cable gets finished up. I am finally in a long term ownership position with some Hifimans, and next I am looking at some PM2's to start working on. My Drausk was coming without final terminations...It was meant for hardwire work onto a set of HE6, but I am now not sure where its going to end up!
In that case I recommend to termimate it to mini-xlr (Audeze, ZSM, Meze standard) and fitting headthrone Adapters to whatever headphone you need.

Way cheaper and you can use all your cables with all headphones.

Several S4 8-wire cables cost a Fortune, a headthrone adapter is quite cheap.

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #4,983 of 6,459
In that case I recommend to termimate it to mini-xlr (Audeze, ZSM, Meze standard) and fitting headthrone Adapters to whatever headphone you need.

Thats a good suggestion. Although I do not love using those little mini adapters

I was thinking of picking up the ZMF custom connectors since I really like the colorway if Zach will sell them to me. I do not anticipate ever owning more than one S4 and re-terminations are such an easy process to do at home that I tend to have a few ready to go (such as a set of 2.5 and 3.5s)

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #4,984 of 6,459
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #4,986 of 6,459

I forgot to order some of these from Trevor with my last order. Would be convenient for sure. But I do wonder about how much the adapters degrade SQ, esp. if you're using Silvergarde. Any idea what kind of cable he uses inside of the adapters?

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,987 of 6,459
I forgot to order some of these from Trevor with my last order. Would be convenient for sure. But I do wonder about how much the adapters degrade SQ, esp. if you're using Silvergarde. Any idea what kind of cable he uses inside of the adapters?
Trevor will use whichever wire you would prefer...of course, price will be adjusted accordingly! Easiest to set those purchases up through email.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #4,988 of 6,459
Trevor will use whichever wire you would prefer...of course, price will be adjusted accordingly! Easiest to set those purchases up through email.

Yeah, i only place my orders with him via e-mail (which is what I would recommend for everyone anyway). I do have an S3 Solv XLR-1/4" adapter I had him make me awhile back that gets good use.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #4,989 of 6,459
That is a seriously good looking Drausk (Clear FTW)
Thanks- yes, have them fully burned in now and could not be happier with the sound, looks, flexibility, and feel. And, of course, ZERO microphonics. Drausk is simply an amazing cable in its class.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #4,990 of 6,459
He uses the wire you request, so in my case Silvergarde S4 8-wire (basically the same as either side has after the split on the main cable)

Trevor always recommends to get them matching to your main cable.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,991 of 6,459
Trevor has made several adapters for me. He recommended getting silver as they are the most transparent. I use them with silver and copper cables with no noticeable effect on sound quality.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #4,992 of 6,459
He uses the wire you request, so in my case Silvergarde S4 8-wire (basically the same as either side has after the split on the main cable)

Trevor always recommends to get them matching to your main cable.

Well, I definitely can't wait until you get your 8-wire and tell us how it sounds. Of course, my wallet is already nervous...

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #4,993 of 6,459
Well, I definitely can't wait until you get your 8-wire and tell us how it sounds. Of course, my wallet is already nervous...
Yeah it better be nervous xD
The price increase to All other cables in trevors limeup is significant.

However I really think it will be worth it.

I ordered it with adapters for the Solitaire P, the first ones he ever did for the T+A headphone.
Hope that they will fit in that recessed socket.

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #4,994 of 6,459
Trevor made an adapter for my XLR terminated S3 that perfectly matches the cable (aesthetics and wire), and when I use it with 1/4 inch jack I can't determine any drop in sound quality.

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #4,995 of 6,459
Trevor made an adapter for my XLR terminated S3 that perfectly matches the cable (aesthetics and wire), and when I use it with 1/4 inch jack I can't determine any drop in sound quality.

Yeah, I think that's basically the exact same S3 Solv adapter I have (going into my Pass HPA-1 below, but not connected to any HP). He also made that one to match the S3 cable I had for my LCD-4/ZMF cans.

lzcgueA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back