Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 12, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #5,013 of 6,459
The 24 wire comes with a wire wheel to support it’s weight. You attach it to the ceiling.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #5,016 of 6,459
An all silver vykari maybe a secret flagship to come .🙂 fingers crossed
Basically the 8 wire Silvergarde S4 is even more than an all silver Vykari.
As in, it uses more silver than the Vykari copper and silver combined.
Geometry is also different tho

Considering that all the new cables were released last Black friday, I don't Think that any new flagship will come any time soon

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #5,017 of 6,459
I have copper, silver, and hybrid from Norne. The hybrid is the brightest. Copper emphasize the bass slightly while silver is the most neutral.
Silvergarde S3, Draug 3, and Draug 3SC.

This is interesting. I'm in the same boat - deciding a cable for the Arya's.

Do you find them equally resolving? I personally don't find the Arya's bright, but assumed all Silver would be the best option for maximum detail.

If the hybrids are bright though, do they still add heft in the bass due to the copper?

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #5,018 of 6,459
I went with silver for my LCD4 and Abyss TC. Trevor recommended the Silvergarde as the most resolving. That was about a year ago. He has some new models out now but I think all silver is the most resolving and neutral.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #5,019 of 6,459
Basically the 8 wire Silvergarde S4 is even more than an all silver Vykari.
As in, it uses more silver than the Vykari copper and silver combined.
Geometry is also different tho

Considering that all the new cables were released last Black friday, I don't Think that any new flagship will come any time soon
W-hat is happening? Tought S4 4-wire was just the best silver and super thick for headphones at 4x19awg, but 8-wire as also Trevor says, sounds better on easier to drive headphones than Susvara/AB-1266, like He1000 and such..?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #5,020 of 6,459
W-hat is happening? Tought S4 4-wire was just the best silver and super thick for headphones at 4x19awg, but 8-wire as also Trevor says, sounds better on easier to drive headphones than Susvara/AB-1266, like He1000 and such..?
Well the S4 is reasonably thick at 19awg.
However there are still gainz to be made and the S4 8-wire boasts beastly 16.8awg (so essentially it's twice as thick)

And yes the 8-wire Version also sounds better on easier to drive headphones.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #5,021 of 6,459
However there are still gainz to be made and the S4 8-wire boasts beastly 16.8awg (so essentially it's twice as thick)

Thanks, gonna ask Trevor then, i'm no expert but would think it sound better because of double internal wiring = more control of frequencies or such.
Hope it doesn't weight a ton and wouldn't cost almost double for like 4 feet :)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #5,022 of 6,459

Are you also using the 8-wire with Solitaire?

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #5,023 of 6,459
Thanks, gonna ask Trevor than, i'm no expert but would think it sound better because of double internal wiring = more control of frequencies or such.
Hope it doesn't weight a ton and wouldn't cost almost double for like 4 feet :)
I'm no cable maker, but laws of physics state less voltage loss over large gauges, which probably is the reason for a better sound.

In audio terms you can expect a more full bodied sound with more weight to each tone.
Bass authority is also improved.

It weighs a lot for a cable, after all there is quite some metal used here.
And it also costs slightly more than twice of a regular Silvergarde S4 (it uses exactly twice the material and has a more complex manufacturing process, so to me the pricing makes sense)

Are you also using the 8-wire with Solitaire?
I will, hopefully.
Truth be told, Trevor has still to ship my Silvergarde S4 8-wire. I'm waiting extraordinarily long by now.
You know trevor, he gives a lot of due dates that he doesn't manage to Hold, and my current due date is that he will drop them off on monday.

I ordered it with mini XLR for my Empyrean and on top ordered matching S4 8-wire adapters to the Solitaire P.
However Trevor never did cables for the Solitaire P before and doesn't own the headphone himself. Given that the connector is far recessed into the earcup it might not fit in the end, hopefully it still does.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #5,024 of 6,459
I will, hopefully.
Truth be told, Trevor has still to ship my Silvergarde S4 8-wire. I'm waiting extraordinarily long by now.
You know trevor, he gives a lot of due dates that he doesn't manage to Hold, and my current due date is that he will drop them off on monday.

I ordered it with mini XLR for my Empyrean and on top ordered matching S4 8-wire adapters to the Solitaire P.
However Trevor never did cables for the Solitaire P before and doesn't own the headphone himself. Given that the connector is far recessed into the earcup it might not fit in the end, hopefully it still does.

Yes I know it all too well :relaxed: I hope the adapter to Solitaire works!

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #5,025 of 6,459
Yes I know it all too well :relaxed: I hope the adapter to Solitaire works!
Yeah me too, needless to say I will report back in here. However Trevor is a real Gentleman, so even if it doesn't work we got it all sorted.

Hope is high that it will soon arrive here.
After that he will still manufacture my interconnects, here I am still contemplating if I should upgrade from Silvergarde S4 to Vykari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back