Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #4,966 of 6,459
Jan 30, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #4,968 of 6,459
Has anyone had the Drausk latest iteration, in comparison to the artic cable cupprum or similar?

Is the Drausk good at smoothing out treble and mids?
I have one arriving soon, and will share impressions once it arrives and I get some time with it. There are others who have received units already, though!

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #4,969 of 6,459
Hi all, just found this thread as I'm considering a Drausk for my HD800S which arrived today. I like the stock cable but I would like one with a 4 pin xlr connection. At first I was considering just getting a 4.4 to xlr adapter but the nicer adapters I saw came close to the price of a new cable.

I have another Norne cable, the silvergarde s3-c, which I received about a month ago. Unfortunately it's been sitting as I'm awaiting a new balanced amplifier. However here's a picture of that cable:
norne.jpg
I don't have sound impressions but the build is excellent. It's flexible, soft, and feels very premium. The mini xlr connectors are a little stiff but they do have a more solid connection to my LCD-4z then the stock connectors do.

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #4,972 of 6,459
Cans look gorgeous. What is it?

LFF Code LEX (HE5LE) transplanted into some NOS HE5 wood cups and a new from Hifiman headband, then hardwired with Norne Draug 3!

My next transplant is going to be a 4 screw HE6 into another set of wood rings i picked up with a Norne Drausk (or silvergarde S4) hardwired...photos at some point.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #4,973 of 6,459
LFF Code LEX (HE5LE) transplanted into some NOS HE5 wood cups and a new from Hifiman headband, then hardwired with Norne Draug 3!

My next transplant is going to be a 4 screw HE6 into another set of wood rings i picked up with a Norne Drausk (or silvergarde S4) hardwired...photos at some point.
This sounds promising

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #4,974 of 6,459
I have one arriving soon, and will share impressions once it arrives and I get some time with it. There are others who have received units already, though!
Well, the Drausk arrived! About 25 hours of burn-in completed with them (I’m going to put 50 hours on them) so far. I am SO happy with them!

I thought I’d share some listening notes I sent a friend who also has a pair of Audezes (LCD-Xs).

All very, very positive listening impressions:
  • It’s like the cable “unshackled the potential” of my LCD-XCs and really let the Gungnir shine as a source (amp: Violectric V200).
  • The sound is much more organic, especially the midrange. I haven’t tried the worst recordings I own yet, but harshness seems to be a thing of the past. That said, there can be “bite” and plenty of “punch” when needed. Examples: Diana Krall, Daft Punk.
  • Bass seems to have gained half an octave. Example: Thievery Corporation, “Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi”.
  • Detail levels are phenomenal, but without requiring you to focus on them. This prevails across a number of tracks I’ve listened to, but Sza’s “The Weekend” is a fair example (that bass!).
  • Timing is incredible- when beats stop/start, there is NO delay/overhang unless intended. Example: Radiohead’s “Amnesiac” album.
Another track example: A couple of nights ago (pre-Drausk) I played an Adele track (“Daydreamer”) and was happy how the shift to a Violectric amp (from an SPL Auditor) had given my ears a more natural presentation of her voice, even with the 50s-style miking/mixing. Then, after installing the Drausk, the change was now complete: Her voice sounds natural, fluid, and simply lovely.

Overall thoughts:
It’s as if the interface between the amp/source and the LCD-XCs was opened up completely or removed. I don’t just like my head-fi setup now, instead I LOVE it. I’m honestly somewhat gobsmacked that the difference is that large.

But then I hold up the puny stock cable next to the copper rope called Drausk... Heh. But fear not, the Drausk is incredibly flexible, comfortable to handle, and absolutely non-microphonic. The connectors are an excellent fit, nice and snug. Build quality is simply off the charts! Build time was about four-five weeks, but of course worth the wait.

Added bonus: I feel like a wannabe gangsta with my audio jewelry draped on me. 😁

And yes, it’s a clear Drausk! I got lucky with an early order, but Trevor will intro these properly soon.

Last but not least, Trevor is indeed both the gentleman and artisan he is reputed to be! I am thrilled and the Drausk is more than worth every penny. I’d even posit it is excellent value for a near-flagship headphone like the Audeze LCD-XCs.

Happy to answer any questions- now, which album did I want to listen to next?

5D3A482C-6C6D-4A4F-90C1-625F81C2DA0D.jpeg
6EFCCEBC-F62E-4E5C-86CB-65BBF222B544.jpeg

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #4,975 of 6,459
Just a few pics of the Silvergarde S4 which I just received. Rhodium plugs on both ends. Will likely pair this with the Stellia. As usual, lovely workmanship by Trevor. Such a light and flexible cable. Well worth the wait!

20210209_175713-01.jpeg
20210209_175855-01.jpeg
20210209_175726-01.jpeg
20210209_175929-01.jpeg

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #4,976 of 6,459
Just a few pics of the Silvergarde S4 which I just received. Rhodium plugs on both ends. Will likely pair this with the Stellia. As usual, lovely workmanship by Trevor. Such a light and flexible cable. Well worth the wait!

20210209_175713-01.jpeg20210209_175855-01.jpeg20210209_175726-01.jpeg20210209_175929-01.jpeg
Can't wait for my S4 8-wire, which should be finished early this week.

Such beautiful cables!

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #4,977 of 6,459
Well, the Drausk arrived! About 25 hours of burn-in completed with them (I’m going to put 50 hours on them) so far. I am SO happy with them!

I thought I’d share some listening notes I sent a friend who also has a pair of Audezes (LCD-Xs).

All very, very positive listening impressions:
  • It’s like the cable “unshackled the potential” of my LCD-XCs and really let the Gungnir shine as a source (amp: Violectric V200).
  • The sound is much more organic, especially the midrange. I haven’t tried the worst recordings I own yet, but harshness seems to be a thing of the past. That said, there can be “bite” and plenty of “punch” when needed. Examples: Diana Krall, Daft Punk.
  • Bass seems to have gained half an octave. Example: Thievery Corporation, “Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi”.
  • Detail levels are phenomenal, but without requiring you to focus on them. This prevails across a number of tracks I’ve listened to, but Sza’s “The Weekend” is a fair example (that bass!).
  • Timing is incredible- when beats stop/start, there is NO delay/overhang unless intended. Example: Radiohead’s “Amnesiac” album.
Another track example: A couple of nights ago (pre-Drausk) I played an Adele track (“Daydreamer”) and was happy how the shift to a Violectric amp (from an SPL Auditor) had given my ears a more natural presentation of her voice, even with the 50s-style miking/mixing. Then, after installing the Drausk, the change was now complete: Her voice sounds natural, fluid, and simply lovely.

Overall thoughts:
It’s as if the interface between the amp/source and the LCD-XCs was opened up completely or removed. I don’t just like my head-fi setup now, instead I LOVE it. I’m honestly somewhat gobsmacked that the difference is that large.

But then I hold up the puny stock cable next to the copper rope called Drausk... Heh. But fear not, the Drausk is incredibly flexible, comfortable to handle, and absolutely non-microphonic. The connectors are an excellent fit, nice and snug. Build quality is simply off the charts! Build time was about four-five weeks, but of course worth the wait.

Added bonus: I feel like a wannabe gangsta with my audio jewelry draped on me. 😁

And yes, it’s a clear Drausk! I got lucky with an early order, but Trevor will intro these properly soon.

Last but not least, Trevor is indeed both the gentleman and artisan he is reputed to be! I am thrilled and the Drausk is more than worth every penny. I’d even posit it is excellent value for a near-flagship headphone like the Audeze LCD-XCs.

Happy to answer any questions- now, which album did I want to listen to next?

5D3A482C-6C6D-4A4F-90C1-625F81C2DA0D.jpeg6EFCCEBC-F62E-4E5C-86CB-65BBF222B544.jpeg
That is a seriously good looking Drausk (Clear FTW)

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #4,978 of 6,459
Can't wait for my S4 8-wire, which should be finished early this week.

Such beautiful cables!
I just received the same cable last week and it is easily a top tier cable. Perfect amount of heft and flexibility...and oh yeah, it sounds fantastic. Currently wired up for HD650...but I am going to be converting it for use with another headphone in the near future!

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #4,979 of 6,459
I just received the same cable last week and it is easily a top tier cable. Perfect amount of heft and flexibility...and oh yeah, it sounds fantastic. Currently wired up for HD650...but I am going to be converting it for use with another headphone in the near future!
That makes the cable like 3-4x as expensive as the headphone :D

Is it the only headphone you use it for?

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #4,980 of 6,459

20210209_175713-01.jpeg20210209_175855-01.jpeg20210209_175726-01.jpeg20210209_175929-01.jpeg
if for susvara please report back with impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back