Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 11, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #4,486 of 6,459
To be clear I was waiting about a month before I contacted him on the 3rd. I didnt get a cable in 4 days lol.

I waited a month, contacted him.. and nothing :frowning2:

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #4,489 of 6,459
FWIW, he has been very engaged from my point of view.
I emailed him on Aug 1 to get an order started; we probably exchanged a dozen emails or so since then as he helped me with my selections; got an invoice this morning from him; according to him, cables will ship in < 1 week.
So, from my point of view, very engaged and pretty darn quick.
And...I'm super excited to get my first set of Norne cables!

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,490 of 6,459
Whoa! These interconnects make a difference vs monoprice! Also beats the Chord RCAs that I've been comparing with. I'm using RME ADI-2 dac into HeadAmp GS-X Mini. For 3 weeks I've been skeptical if the amp is even an upgrade over the integrated amp in the RME, but this is not the case anymore! The Mini does sound better. Cleaner sounding and I'm able to pick up micro details better. Ooooo what a joy!

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #4,491 of 6,459
Whoa! These interconnects make a difference vs monoprice! Also beats the Chord RCAs that I've been comparing with. I'm using RME ADI-2 dac into HeadAmp GS-X Mini. For 3 weeks I've been skeptical if the amp is even an upgrade over the integrated amp in the RME, but this is not the case anymore! The Mini does sound better. Cleaner sounding and I'm able to pick up micro details better. Ooooo what a joy!
Can you share the link of the store where you got the interconnections? I think I missed it

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #4,492 of 6,459
Can you share the link of the store where you got the interconnections? I think I missed it

Lol for some reason I thought I was replying to a different thread and was linking this Norne thread and the store. I dont see the interconnects on the website but I happen to have asked Trevor if he makes em. Huh I shouldve mentioned to him about that... maybe there's error on the website or perhaps he wants to focus on headphone cables and purposely excluded interconnects. You'll have to email him to get a quote. He offers copper, silver-plated copper, and pure silver. I got the silver-plated copper which he recommended over the pure silver. I like Trevor because he is honest with the options he offer and doesn't just try to sell the most expensive/profitable product (same case when I was deciding specs for headphone cables).

Now waiting for the Silvergarde 4! Should be my end game once that arrives then I can hide in the cave for eternity.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #4,493 of 6,459
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #4,494 of 6,459
Lol for some reason I thought I was replying to a different thread and was linking this Norne thread and the store. I dont see the interconnects on the website but I happen to have asked Trevor if he makes em. Huh I shouldve mentioned to him about that... maybe there's error on the website or perhaps he wants to focus on headphone cables and purposely excluded interconnects. You'll have to email him to get a quote. He offers copper, silver-plated copper, and pure silver. I got the silver-plated copper which he recommended over the pure silver. I like Trevor because he is honest with the options he offer and doesn't just try to sell the most expensive/profitable product (same case when I was deciding specs for headphone cables).

Now waiting for the Silvergarde 4! Should be my end game once that arrives then I can hide in the cave for eternity.
I didn't realize there was an S4! Do you mean Silvergarde S3 4-wire?

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #4,497 of 6,459
S4 as in S3's next version. It's pre order. 19AWG instead of 20AWG
Thanks for clarifying. That's exciting and I look forward to your impressions!

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #4,500 of 6,459
Lets see. The Draug SC3 does look different because it is a silver and copper fusion cable. The S3 is Norne's top of the line cable and it is standard with 4 wires and optional with 8 or 12 wires. Are you saying that Trevor is releasing a new TOTL cable called the S4? It is a bigger cable at 19awg vs the old S3 at 20 AWG. Any other changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back