Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #4,471 of 6,461
if you hear from him, let him know a first-time customer is ready to take the dive on a set of 8-wire Silvergardes :) i emailed him Saturday to work out the details

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #4,472 of 6,461
if you hear from him, let him know a first-time customer is ready to take the dive on a set of 8-wire Silvergardes :) i emailed him Saturday to work out the details
What's the benefit of 8-wire vs 4-wire?

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #4,473 of 6,461
Thinking about getting a pure silver cable for my Auteur and Verite C. Can anyone give any impressions on Draugur Silver 4x 23awg as well as Silvergrade S3-C 4x21 awg cables?. Any audible difference between the two cables? Never used pure silver cables before so im just curious aboout how they sound, especially when paired with ZMF cans...

Any info would be appreciated

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #4,474 of 6,461
Thinking about getting a pure silver cable for my Auteur and Verite C. Can anyone give any impressions on Draugur Silver 4x 23awg as well as Silvergrade S3-C 4x21 awg cables?. Any audible difference between the two cables? Never used pure silver cables before so im just curious aboout how they sound, especially when paired with ZMF cans...

i have the draug silver (not draugur) and the volsund with the auteur. Both work really well. The volsund gives you more of what the auteur already offers It does improve on the stock cable.
the silver draug gives it a bit more liveliness/energy/ (perhaps) detail and it complements it really well. For that reason i use the silver cable with it 75% of the time.
i beleive the silvergarde v the silver draug (from only what i have read - so correct me) has a bit more treble extension and a bit more punch on the lower end. But the silver draug is slightly smoother.
that’s the reason I bought the silver draug and am very happy with it.
i am sure those that have the silvergarde versions are happy with those too.
the silver draug is around the same price as the silvergarde (not the clear but the other).

not exactly answering your question but I hope that helps a little

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #4,476 of 6,461

I have Auteur (Walnut) with Silvergarde S3 and am very satisfied. Compared to stock cable the detail retrieval and treble extension in particular are superior but the highs remain non-fatiguing. Overall frequency balance is excellent and I've had no interest in cable rolling since acquiring the Norne for my Auteur.

Aug 9, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #4,478 of 6,461
One great thing with all trevor cables (particularly silver cables) is i have never found them dry or analytical. That’s my experience with silvergarde 2, silver draug, hybrids and copper with a lot of headphones.
having said that some hps take to silver cables better than others
With his silver cables it’s just about picking the one that suits your headphones best

all the best

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #4,479 of 6,461
Aug 9, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #4,480 of 6,461
Hmmm, seems like Trevor's on a vacation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (he really deserves it!). Last I heard from him was July 22 :)

@shafat777
Another good option you might consider is the Draug 3SC. It has both copper and silver in a 50/50 ratio. Everyone I've talked to (who has one ofcourse) gives it top marks. As a plus the Draug cable is a real beauty :wink:

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #4,481 of 6,461
Wow such informative and helpful infoo regarding my inquiry. Thank you all.

The reason i ask is because I currently have Satin Audio Kraken II HP 8 wire (4x26awg copper + 4x26awg Silver) cable for my auteur. I also own a Forza Audio Clair hybrid for my Audeze LCd-X (which i can also use for my ZMFs). I was wondering if a pure silver cable would bring any improvement compared to my two hybrids mentioned above. Also, if it helps, I am not really looking to spend more than $450-$500.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #4,482 of 6,461
Hmmm, seems like Trevor's on a vacation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (he really deserves it!). Last I heard from him was July 22 :)

I talked to him on Aug 3 had a cable shipped and just received a 3-C for my Clears on the 7th. There are new metal L/R indicator caps on the connectors as opposed to the usual rubber rings.

Attachments

• C3A1BD99-3A2E-4020-A335-94ECE83155A6.jpeg
    C3A1BD99-3A2E-4020-A335-94ECE83155A6.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back