Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 11, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #4,261 of 6,459
I sent him an email on March 20, asking him to send me an invoice so I could buy a cable we had discussed. I never heard back.

Another member here PM'd me around March 27 asking about him. Apparently, his emails weren't being answered either.

Looking through the thread, you can see periods where he doesn't reply to folks, so it's hard to say if this is just another bad customer service period, or whether he (or his family) got this virus. I hope it's the former.

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #4,262 of 6,459
I heard from Trevor last week. At that point he was doing well.

He is working to catch up on all his current orders and was hoping to get their some time this week.

His cables are definitely worth the wait, even if sometimes it’s longer than you would like. Tough to be a small operation with international interest and limited resources!

Best,

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #4,263 of 6,459
Having talked to Alex at Wywires and Trevor by email, I know that as a result of the Covid crisis, they are not shipping orders when they have finished. The less visits from the shipping person the better. They are waiting for several shipments to be ready before they ship.

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #4,264 of 6,459
Has anyone heard from Trevor this week? Its been a while since he has posted.

I've exchanged several emails with him over the last same amount of days and placed an order for a new cable. He's around, just maybe not posting here much.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #4,265 of 6,459
Guys he is probably very busy, running up for making cables and lot of emails. Let play some love for the great work he is doing, for his superb customer service and cables, even if sometimes slow to response, maybe because he does all this by his own :)

Apr 13, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #4,266 of 6,459
Guys he is probably very busy, running up for making cables and lot of emails. Let play some love for the great work he is doing, for his superb customer service and cables, even if sometimes slow to response, maybe because he does all this by his own :)
Heard from Trevor over night. He is just working to get caught up with his orders. and emails

Apr 13, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #4,267 of 6,459
Hey guys,

Sorry for the long reply here on the forums and I hope everyone is staying safe during these unprecedented times we are in.

Just a quick update below before I do a more in depth one. I will read back through the thread to answer any questions as well.

First off my business is still running normally production wise, we are online sales only with a private workshop doing builds. So my particular business is a bit more suited
for this kind of situation fortunately. Demand has also increased a bit in recent times. So some preorder (out of stock) type cables could take a little longer than normal, but I still have plenty of in stock series. I have had a few emails wondering if I am closed, etc. Certainly the question is understandable in these times, but I am not closed, all is well on that front here.

The only impact is that we are doing less frequent physical drop offs (on purpose). What this means is that we wait for about 15+ cable/adapter builds to complete before having a shipment dropped at FedEx, etc. This means in some cases when someone gets a tracking number it may not actually update for a few days, or if the timing is right it would update sooner. But again production volume is still the same as before.

Some communications were slower in the past couple of weeks for a variety of reasons, but this week I should be caught up on everything.
My email reply is expected to be back to same day all this week, and I will run a check to see which emails I might have missed. With that
said please just bump your email in my inbox if you did not have a reply within 24-36 hours.

Thank you for the patience with the slower email for a few folks in the recent week, again please email me to check on status (or bump your email if needed).

There will be two bigger drop offs happening this week and hopefully that takes care of a lot of folks who were checking for updates.

As always thank you for the great support and patience, please stay safe!

Kind Regards,

Trevor

Apr 13, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4,268 of 6,459
Hey guys,

Sorry for the long reply here on the forums and I hope everyone is staying safe during these unprecedented times we are in.

Just a quick update below before I do a more in depth one. I will read back through the thread to answer any questions as well.

First off my business is still running normally production wise, we are online sales only with a private workshop doing builds. So my particular business is a bit more suited
for this kind of situation fortunately. Demand has also increased a bit in recent times. So some preorder (out of stock) type cables could take a little longer than normal, but I still have plenty of in stock series. I have had a few emails wondering if I am closed, etc. Certainly the question is understandable in these times, but I am not closed, all is well on that front here.

The only impact is that we are doing less frequent physical drop offs (on purpose). What this means is that we wait for about 15+ cable/adapter builds to complete before having a shipment dropped at FedEx, etc. This means in some cases when someone gets a tracking number it may not actually update for a few days, or if the timing is right it would update sooner. But again production volume is still the same as before.

Some communications were slower in the past couple of weeks for a variety of reasons, but this week I should be caught up on everything.
My email reply is expected to be back to same day all this week, and I will run a check to see which emails I might have missed. With that
said please just bump your email in my inbox if you did not have a reply within 24-36 hours.

Thank you for the patience with the slower email for a few folks in the recent week, again please email me to check on status (or bump your email if needed).

There will be two bigger drop offs happening this week and hopefully that takes care of a lot of folks who were checking for updates.

As always thank you for the great support and patience, please stay safe!

Kind Regards,

Trevor

Keep on doing your thing, Trevor. Thanks for the update. I think most of us get it! Especially those of us that are existing customers of yours. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane!
Mike

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #4,269 of 6,459
I received a Draug 3SC (silver and copper) from Trevor on Friday. Compared to the all copper Draug 3, the 3SC is better damped. This translates to less "overhang", which I equate to a speaker that stops moving when signal stops. I play guitar and I actually prefer an undamped speaker in my amps. But I like it in headphones. Bass lines specifically are cleaner and easier to follow.

Another benefit is that instruments in different frequencies don't interfere with each other. Each voice and instrument stays exactly where it should be without spilling over. At first I thought this was more space or air between voices and instruments, but more space infers that things moved in the soundstage. That's not what I am hearing. The spacing is the same, just that the damping is allowing me to hear better separation. A good analogy is a picture or video that goes from slightly out of focus to perfect focus. The images are still in the same place, but they are better defined within that space.

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,270 of 6,459
I received a Draug 3SC (silver and copper) from Trevor on Friday. Compared to the all copper Draug 3, the 3SC is better damped. This translates to less "overhang", which I equate to a speaker that stops moving when signal stops. I play guitar and I actually prefer an undamped speaker in my amps. But I like it in headphones. Bass lines specifically are cleaner and easier to follow.

Another benefit is that instruments in different frequencies don't interfere with each other. Each voice and instrument stays exactly where it should be without spilling over. At first I thought this was more space or air between voices and instruments, but more space infers that things moved in the soundstage. That's not what I am hearing. The spacing is the same, just that the damping is allowing me to hear better separation. A good analogy is a picture or video that goes from slightly out of focus to perfect focus. The images are still in the same place, but they are better defined within that space.
What headphones are you using with your Deaug 3SC? I think Trevor is shipping out mine this week for my Senn 650s

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #4,272 of 6,459

Are you saying the imaging is more precise? How about the detail? Also, how long did it take you to get your Draug S3C?

Apr 13, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #4,274 of 6,459
I am considering the Silvergarde or Therium as an IEM cable upgrade. Also considering 4 versus 8 wires.
Any thoughts from this group on these questions?
Thank you

Apr 14, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #4,275 of 6,459
I am considering the Silvergarde or Therium as an IEM cable upgrade. Also considering 4 versus 8 wires.
Any thoughts from this group on these questions?
Thank you
i have a silvergarde with my se846 and it is great. I like that it also offers a different sound from the stock cable.

the stock cable setup gives a rich sound with some warm round tones on the bottom end whereas the silvergarde takes that sound to a more neutral angle with (pretty much) good extension on the bottom end with less emphasis on the overtones

(If I’m a bit loose on the description) it’s like having a stock se846 and a cheaters version of an andromeda (or close enough)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back