Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 22, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #4,291 of 6,466
Nice! Curious what the name of that beautiful looking cable is? That looks like one, I would be interested in.

Trevor can tell you the name, I don't know what it is called.

But here is a closer look of it.

20200411_210519.jpg

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #4,292 of 6,466
Trevor can tell you the name, I don't know what it is called.

But here is a closer look of it.

Nice! I have always wanted to take a look under the hood, to see how Trevor solders. This looks interesting. . .

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #4,293 of 6,466
Has someone ecperience with the Skraug Series cables?

Apr 23, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #4,294 of 6,466
Has someone ecperience with the Skraug Series cables?
I recently sold a Skraug cable that I had purchased over the volsund for my Ether C Flows (also sold). The cable was a nice upgrade from the DCA Vivo cable I was using, and much better than the older DUM cable. Simply stated...I would say that it is was slightly more resolving and dynamic, and certainly lighter, softer and more pliable than the Vivo...a really nice cable. No microphonics at all, and build was fantastic. I would have re-terminated for my HE6SE, but instead decided to move up to the next level of hybrid cable...the wait is tough but worth it.

You really cannot go wrong with Trevors cables!

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #4,296 of 6,466
I recently sold a Skraug cable that I had purchased over the volsund for my Ether C Flows (also sold). The cable was a nice upgrade from the DCA Vivo cable I was using, and much better than the older DUM cable. Simply stated...I would say that it is was slightly more resolving and dynamic, and certainly lighter, softer and more pliable than the Vivo...a really nice cable. No microphonics at all, and build was fantastic. I would have re-terminated for my HE6SE, but instead decided to move up to the next level of hybrid cable...the wait is tough but worth it.

You really cannot go wrong with Trevors cables!

What is the next Level of hybrid cable from Trevor, and since you had them both can you give us a short comparison?

Apr 24, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #4,297 of 6,466
What is the next Level of hybrid cable from Trevor, and since you had them both can you give us a short comparison?

I won’t have the new cable for at least a few weeks, but I ordered a Solvine 3 for use with an HE6se. Since its for a different headphone and over a few months time it won’t really be close to a direct comparison. I will certainly post my impressions once i get some time on it!

The cable is not on the Norne site yet, but may be in the near future.

Apr 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4,299 of 6,466
I won’t have the new cable for at least a few weeks, but I ordered a Solvine 3 for use with an HE6se. Since its for a different headphone and over a few months time it won’t really be close to a direct comparison. I will certainly post my impressions once i get some time on it!

The cable is not on the Norne site yet, but may be in the near future.

Yeah that's why I asked, the Website still labels volsund as new and doesn't list skraug at all for instance.

I ordered my Skraug recently, can't wait to receive the cable

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #4,300 of 6,466
Hi guys, I was searching all over the places and couldn't find a detailed impression of Draug v3 (copper) for MDR-Z1R. If anyone here has this combo, could you please give a detailed impression, also possibly compare to stock/Kimber cable? Thanks

I'm searching for a rich and smooth sound with a focus on naturalness, is draug 3 a good match for Z1R? I found 10k peak on Z1R is a bit annoying for pop music and female vocal.
I actually found a review of Draug 2 which said it has this rich analog sound which is the main reason drawing me to draug. I sent Trevor email but have not gotten back any response, hope he is doing ok

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #4,302 of 6,466
Has anyone heard from Trevor recently? I have reached out via email a handful of times and have not heard back.
I last heard from him last thursday. (Not awaiting any message until my order is shipped though)

I guess it is still the Sheer Volume of orders lately.

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #4,303 of 6,466
That Draug SC3 is a hell of a cable. I have Sennheiser 600, 650 and 660S headphones. When I got my new Draug 3 SC i wondered where it could the greatest good. After much thought, I installed it on my HD 660S. I then broke them in with a week of 24/7 Tidal. Just spent an hour of listening to the WeekEnd. Lots of good articulate bass, soaring highs and some of the best midrange I have heard. I need to compare this combo with the HD 600 W/ Norne Draug 3. Should be fun. Both of these combos are headphones that are great sounding and comfortable enough for hours of listening.

May 1, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #4,304 of 6,466
Has anyone heard from Trevor recently? I have reached out via email a handful of times and have not heard back.

I didn't get reply when I sent my inquiry through the form on the website but I've gotten a reply from Trevor the next day when I sent the e-mail to INFO@NORNEAUDIO.COM. You may want to give it a try.

May 1, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #4,305 of 6,466
I didn't get reply when I sent my inquiry through the form on the website but I've gotten a reply from Trevor the next day when I sent the e-mail to INFO@NORNEAUDIO.COM. You may want to give it a try.
The inquiry Form works, I used it weeks ago and also simply got an reply from Trevor shortly after.

Meaning you dont get a confirmation Mail, but he will still receive yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back