Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #4,232 of 6,459
Well, I have to say that Trevor has outdone himself. I honestly thought that he'd coaxed all the goodness he could get out of the Draug series with the Draug 3. But the recent addition of the Draug 3 SC (silver/copper 50/50 blend) is tremendously good. Silver platted copper has been the compromise if you want to get a taste of what silver can offer but at a lower price point than pure silver. This new Draug 3 SC is a much better solution and is now my favorite Norne cable. The balance of richness and clarity is just spot on. Tone is gorgeous. Trevor continues to modify the Draug geometry to get the most from this series of cables and this one is a stunner IMO.

Also the outer sleeving on this cable is softer than ever before. This makes using the cable a pleasure to use. I really like how it lays on my desk however I need it to without ever curling up. Reminds me of a warm piece of liquorice. If you are in the market to upgrade your headphone cable, this one needs to be on your shortlist.
Any comparisons (even if vaguely from the post) relative to other Trevor hybrids? Eg solv x3 (which i have found to be great bang for buck) or arcane (which i found to be a fun full detailed sound)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #4,233 of 6,459
Owning the Draug 3 SC, I concur with MattTCG!

It looks stunning with the Stellia, too!
You guys are making my normal Draug 3 nervous, about getting replaced soon. :wink:

Mar 6, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #4,234 of 6,459
Well, I have to say that Trevor has outdone himself. I honestly thought that he'd coaxed all the goodness he could get out of the Draug series with the Draug 3. But the recent addition of the Draug 3 SC (silver/copper 50/50 blend) is tremendously good. Silver platted copper has been the compromise if you want to get a taste of what silver can offer but at a lower price point than pure silver. This new Draug 3 SC is a much better solution and is now my favorite Norne cable. The balance of richness and clarity is just spot on. Tone is gorgeous. Trevor continues to modify the Draug geometry to get the most from this series of cables and this one is a stunner IMO.

Also the outer sleeving on this cable is softer than ever before. This makes using the cable a pleasure to use. I really like how it lays on my desk however I need it to without ever curling up. Reminds me of a warm piece of liquorice. If you are in the market to upgrade your headphone cable, this one needs to be on your shortlist. d3sc.jpg
Very nice cable Matt. Seems like you prefer the splitter-less version too :)

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #4,235 of 6,459
Just throwing in my two cents with my experience with Norne Audio.

I recently got my first pair of IEMs. I was recommended Norne audio for some aftermarket cables, so I emailed Trevor, asking for his recommendations on what I should get to pair with my new IEMs. He was gracious (and patient) to answer my novice questions, and recommended me a very nice set of cables. It took a long time for him to actually ship them to me, but eventually they arrived. Unfortunately, there was a connection issue with the cables, as one side would constantly cut out, where the stock cables never had that issue. I contact Trevor about this, and he was gracious enough to replace them free of charge. The new cables worked perfectly. However, I had to remind him a few times until finally he sent it.

I don't write this to denigrate him or to dissuade anyone from utilizing his services. I can only imagine it's because his operation is very small (maybe even a one-man show). That said, shop with Norne with confidence, because he'll do what it takes to make it right, even if it takes awhile to get there. Very pleased with my cables, in the end.

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #4,236 of 6,459
How is everyone like the sound of your Draug 3 SC cables? How do they sound in comparison to the pure silver cables?

Mar 16, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,239 of 6,459
Just wanted to share my positive experience with Norne Audio. Ordered Silvergarde S3 February 25th, parcel was shipped March 2nd and arrived in Finland March 6th. Trevor kept me updated along the way with confirmation of custom splitter choice, accurate shipping estimate and tracking information after shipping. Me and my Ether Flows couldn't be happier! Now Dan has to work his magic and produce Ether 3 with cost no object mentality and take my money :)

Mar 16, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #4,240 of 6,459
Just wanted to share my positive experience with Norne Audio. Ordered Silvergarde S3 February 25th, parcel was shipped March 2nd and arrived in Finland March 6th. Trevor kept me updated along the way with confirmation of custom splitter choice, accurate shipping estimate and tracking information after shipping. Me and my Ether Flows couldn't be happier! Now Dan has to work his magic and produce Ether 3 with cost no object mentality and take my money :)

Wow, how much extra did you have to pay to get that fast of a delivery? :relaxed:

Mar 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #4,241 of 6,459
Wow, how much extra did you have to pay to get that fast of a delivery? :relaxed:
I had to pay extra to Finnish government but I doubt Trevor will see any of that money :D

Mar 16, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #4,242 of 6,459
Hi gang, I'm a bit new to the aftermarket cable world, and came across Norne and very interested in Trevor's work.
Quick question for the forum - knowing that I use exclusively IEMs, any thoughts on whether 8-braid sounds good enough to compensate for the extra bulk? Maybe 60% of the time I am not stationary and so mobility is something I need to consider.
Thanks very much.

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #4,243 of 6,459
Hi gang, I'm a bit new to the aftermarket cable world, and came across Norne and very interested in Trevor's work.
Quick question for the forum - knowing that I use exclusively IEMs, any thoughts on whether 8-braid sounds good enough to compensate for the extra bulk? Maybe 60% of the time I am not stationary and so mobility is something I need to consider.
Thanks very much.
From some friend's experience (and some mine), the 8 wire variants feel around 10-15% better to the already totl performance of Trevor's cables. I personally would go with a 4 wire cable seeing as the 8 wire cable my iem (ISN H40) came with makes itself felt (a bit stiff and heavy and not as flexible as Trevor's cables).
Drop Trevor a message. He can surely help you out :)

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #4,244 of 6,459
nornether.jpg

Forgot to add picture of the happy couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back