Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 24, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #4,201 of 6,459
Hi, Trevor,

Are there any news about my request on 12-wire silvergate for MrSpeakers (I'm the one asking via emal)?

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #4,202 of 6,459
Emmanuel,
I have replied to your email on this. While the occurrence is extremely rare (based on shipping cables every day for 10 years, and many times to Germany with success), I will get you a proper resolution as quick as I can certainly. It would be your local post office near where you live that would have to be contacted first (the post office that is responsible for delivery to your street delivery route). The parcel made it to Germany, past your customs and also to your local post office. However as I mentioned in email I think it would be good to see if delivery happens in the coming couple of days, as I have seen incorrect delivery scan before. Basically I have seen something say it delivered when it did not, and then it showed up the next day or two. So after these options are exhausted and If the parcel is lost, obviously I will get you as quick of a resolution that I can and will be in contact with you promptly in email to resolve. Nobody likes a parcel being lost or delivered incorrectly, especially after anticipating it, it is a real bummer and frustrating. But again do not worry, I will take care of you either way.
Ya my local post office handed it over to the custom so i will have to pick it up from them and perhaps will first have to provide the receipt so i might end up paying some import and tax fees etc. Thanks for your reply and help I'd say not so many like you in this business.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #4,204 of 6,459
Jan 31, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #4,207 of 6,459
Draug3SC will be good paring with FInal D8000?
I wan't high freq to will be more plesant and soft.

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #4,209 of 6,459
You delivery time will depend of your specific order and how close your order is to the Black Friday sale (Trevor is probably still filling these orders). My experienced and educated guess is at least two months and most likely 3 to 3 1/2 months after your fully paid order was received. It could be even longer, but I suspect that the Draug 3 orders are usually easier to fill than many of the other cable options.

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #4,210 of 6,459
You delivery time will depend of your specific order and how close your order is to the Black Friday sale (Trevor is probably still filling these orders). My experienced and educated guess is at least two months and most likely 3 to 3 1/2 months after your fully paid order was received. It could be even longer, but I suspect that the Draug 3 orders are usually easier to fill than many of the other cable options.

The time frame sounds about right. However when I ordered my Draug v2 long ago I was told(not by Trevor) that the Draug was the most labor intensive cable Trevor offered.

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #4,211 of 6,459
My 9 foot Draug 3 ordered during the latest Black Friday sale was delivered in less than a month (although there was another special "rush" order also in play that took much longer than promised--but well worth the wait). A specially tuned Draug 3 (say for the HD 800) may take longer than other Draug 3 orders. Of course all single examples do not establish a trend or pattern, only a single data point.

What only Trevor can tell you (if he wishes) is his current stock of cables, materials & parts--and any likely delivery dates of same to him.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #4,212 of 6,459
For those interested in the Silvergarde S3, here is a picture of the 4 wire and the 8 wire so you can check out the thickness. Of course the 8 wire is not as supple as the 4 wire, but is not uncomfortable to use. I now have two 8 wires. One for my ZMF Verite and one for my Senn HD 800S.
F31038A2-1023-4697-8DFF-FB22A3B5E967_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #4,213 of 6,459
For those interested in the Silvergarde S3, here is a picture of the 4 wire and the 8 wire so you can check out the thickness. Of course the 8 wire is not as supple as the 4 wire, but is not uncomfortable to use. I now have two 8 wires. One for my ZMF Verite and one for my Senn HD 800S.F31038A2-1023-4697-8DFF-FB22A3B5E967_1_201_a.jpeg
Dang! Those cables look awesome! I can only imagine how incredible that 8 wire is. Thanks for posting those pics.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #4,214 of 6,459
Just curious. I ordered a Draug 3 for my Abyss back on Jan. 6. It's going on a month so far. What is the typical wait time now days, if anything could be considered typical?
I just received my IEM cable and it took 47 days, my last headphone cable took over a month.
You'll probably get it within a few more weeks I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back