Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #331 of 6,511
what is the difference between 4 and 24? more wires?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #334 of 6,511
Hi all,
Looking into getting a Norse cable for my LCD-2's that are on the way!

I am a bit confused by the three series...I have already sent an email to Trevor, but can I get a little feedback on what some of you are finding most preferable for the LCD-2?

Are any of these silver or SPC or all copper? 

Thanks!

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #335 of 6,511
Quote:
Hi all,
Looking into getting a Norse cable for my LCD-2's that are on the way!

I am a bit confused by the three series...I have already sent an email to Trevor, but can I get a little feedback on what some of you are finding most preferable for the LCD-2?

Are any of these silver or SPC or all copper? 

Thanks!

NORN and SKULD are copper.
Reign is copper and silver

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #340 of 6,511
Quote:
Cool..thanks for the clarification...man o man these cables look nice.

If anyone who has tried both full copper and copper/silver on the LCD-2 could comment...I know it's all a lot of preference, but still. Thanks

My experience goes along with what Trevor has told me about the two series of cables he has. He said that the Skuld series will give you a more neutral improvement, with an increase of separation, detail, imaging, and clarity. I found that my Skuld cable also slightly tightened up the bass some. The Reign series give you a bit more color improvement with also added increase to separation, detail, imaging, clarity etc. The bass was much tighter with the Reign series over the stock cables, and it also opened up the frequency some IMO. Mids were more liquid, and the treble was much more refined. Those were my findings. Now, don't expect cables to be a drastic change over the stock cables, to me they are subtle differences... but definitely noticeable.

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #341 of 6,511
Quote:
My experience goes along with what Trevor has told me about the two series of cables he has. He said that the Skuld series will give you a more neutral improvement, with an increase of separation, detail, imaging, and clarity. I found that my Skuld cable also slightly tightened up the bass some. The Reign series give you a bit more color improvement with also added increase to separation, detail, imaging, clarity etc. The bass was much tighter with the Reign series over the stock cables, and it also opened up the frequency some IMO. Mids were more liquid, and the treble was much more refined. Those were my findings. Now, don't expect cables to be a drastic change over the stock cables, to me they are subtle differences... but definitely noticeable.

I agree with you like 99% of what you and Trevor is saying.  I find the Reign 24 to be very transparent with out any color at all.  

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #342 of 6,511
Quote:

I agree with you like 99% of what you and Trevor is saying.  I find the Reign 24 to be very transparent with out any color at all.  

I haven't heard the Reign 24 yet, but I'm planning on buying one for my newly bought LCD-3. He said that if I wanted very little improvement to any part of the frequency than I should go with the Skuld, but the Reign series is known to improve upon more than just clarity, detail, imaging etc. This is what Trevor told me verbatim:

Quote:
The Reign 24 is known largely for probably the best achievable bass of any cable (due to the design and largest gauge size), but also you will find it to have similar characteristics as the Reign 4 when it comes to clarity, dynamics, etc.  The bass coming through will be deep, controlled, textured and rumbling on top systems (and for headphones that can bring that to the table).  With the Audeze and the right system you will hear it, as the LCD-2 and LCD-3 can bring it.  The Reign 24 will also have a tad better soundstage / separation, most will notice.

Even with just the Reign 4 coupled with my HD650, I can already hear improvement across the frequency as well as the improvements to retrieval and detail.

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #343 of 6,511
Quote:
My experience goes along with what Trevor has told me about the two series of cables he has. He said that the Skuld series will give you a more neutral improvement, with an increase of separation, detail, imaging, and clarity. I found that my Skuld cable also slightly tightened up the bass some. The Reign series give you a bit more color improvement with also added increase to separation, detail, imaging, clarity etc. The bass was much tighter with the Reign series over the stock cables, and it also opened up the frequency some IMO. Mids were more liquid, and the treble was much more refined. Those were my findings. Now, don't expect cables to be a drastic change over the stock cables, to me they are subtle differences... but definitely noticeable.

Quote:
I haven't heard the Reign 24 yet, but I'm planning on buying one for my newly bought LCD-3. He said that if I wanted very little improvement to any part of the frequency than I should go with the Skuld, but the Reign series is known to improve upon more than just clarity, detail, imaging etc. This is what Trevor told me verbatim:

Even with just the Reign 4 coupled with my HD650, I can already hear improvement across the frequency as well as the improvements to retrieval and detail.

Like I said.  I agree with most of that.  The only thing you said that I don't hear is any color being added.  The Reign 24 is very transparent.  IMO

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #344 of 6,511
Quote:
 Now, don't expect cables to be a drastic change over the stock cables, to me they are subtle differences... but definitely noticeable.

holy true: cables do not work miracles(from 1€ to infinity)

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #345 of 6,511
To me the presentation from the reign is not quite as bright as the stock cable, which is a good thing. I have not figured out why a cable with silver does that compared with a copper cable. It may be that it fills out the lower frequencies a bit better so that the overall sound is more balanced. None of this is night and day but you would not to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back