Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,771 of 6,464
  Purely for aesthetics, I thought it looked prettier. 
tongue.gif

Honestly though, I just prefer pure copper over any other combination and what not. I was very pleased with the Skoll 2 I had with my LCD 2's, but I had to give it up when I sold the LCD 2's, otherwise I would of just kept that for my 3's!

Understandable, I have the Zoetic currently for my HE-560's and it is really a lovely cable, soft to the touch and supple. Trevor knows his stuff 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,773 of 6,464
I've been debating on a silver cable but so far Norne's (Trevor's) response time has been pretty slow (24 hours for first response, 48 hours and still no second response).

All I want to know is what options are available (and at what price) for 23 AWG, 22 AWG, and 21 AWG all silver cables. For 21 the Silvergarde S or Draug 2 can be made into all silver headphone cables but the price of silver @ 21 AWG is high I'm sure. I'm not sure 22 AWG is even an option for any silver cables. I'd likely be fine with 23 AWG like the cable that Cotnijoe got (which might be the Eternus cable Trevor is working on) but at this rate it's going to take a while to get info on it and then try to place a custom order.

It might sound like I'm being impatient but I'm just anxious lol. I've ordered a Yggdrasil/Ragnarok (and have a Cavalli Liquid Carbon on the way) and I don't have a Balanced cable for my headphones. I just want to make sure the cable is here before the rest of the toys arrive. 
biggrin.gif

Thought I'd share a few pictures of a new cable I just got from Trevor today. It's a yet to be named silver prototype cable that's a tier above Therium in terms of price. It's overall a thicker cable than Therium, and thus not quite as fantastically ergonomic as the Therium, but it's still much more manageable than most cables around the same size as it.

Left is Therium and right is the new cable with new metal splitters. The metal splitter is actually a little smaller than the wood splitter.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,774 of 6,464
Trevor is a low man operation with a very high volume right now Maconi. To top it off the holidays are here and he does have a family and things outside of work to deal with. His response times can be a little slow, and some times it can take a little while for him to finish a cable and get it shipped... but I promise you everything he does it top notch. He puts everything he has into his business and it shows.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #1,775 of 6,464

Emails have had delays right now unfortunately. 
As mentioned before if you have not had a reply the same day then please email again to bump. 
However I do see your email currently and you will get a reply in a few hours along with everyone else waiting
for a reply right now. 

Also, ordering a cable at this point in time (post Black Friday) you will definitely need to be prepared for a wait. 
So if you are looking to get a cable really quick I would certainly suggest scouring the used forums first for a balanced cable. 

Appreciate this.
Very nice to see a comment like this Sub.  :)

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,776 of 6,464
  Trevor is a low man operation with a very high volume right now Maconi. To top it off the holidays are here and he does have a family and things outside of work to deal with. His response times can be a little slow, and some times it can take a little while for him to finish a cable and get it shipped... but I promise you everything he does it top notch. He puts everything he has into his business and it shows.

Yeah, that's why I said I'm not impatient with him. I just made my post in case someone else has already asked similar questions and could inform me so I know what options I'm looking at. Another bonus with his cables is that it's Norse themed like the Yggdrasil/Ragnarok. 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by TigzStudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Emails have had delays right now unfortunately. 

Also, ordering a cable at this point in time (post Black Friday) you will definitely need to be prepared for a wait. 

Oh it's no problem. One person can only do so much after all.

Although, when you say "be prepared for a wait," are we talking a 1-2 weeks or like a month+? 
ph34r.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,777 of 6,464
that splitter still looks amazing.  my therium still impresses me.  its amazing to look at and it sounds great.  i haven't bothered ABing since i switched the first time.  I listened to a song that i was intimately familiar with and heard some pretty noticeable difference, especially in how the bass was hitting.  all in all, i'm very satisfied with it.  and i'm glad i caught trevor prior to his holiday busyness!

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,778 of 6,464
Trevor's work is excellent and well worth any wait that you may have. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #1,779 of 6,464

Yeah, that's why I said I'm not impatient with him. I just made my post in case someone else has already asked similar questions and could inform me so I know what options I'm looking at. Another bonus with his cables is that it's Norse themed like the Yggdrasil/Ragnarok. 
biggrin.gif

Oh it's no problem. One person can only do so much after all.

Although, when you say "be prepared for a wait," are we talking a 1-2 weeks or like a month+? 
ph34r.gif

The order that I placed on 11/27, has a tentative shipping date of five to eight weeks.  Looks like a lot of people, myself included, jumped on the Black Friday sale.

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,780 of 6,464
Yeah I understand the wait for the custom cable now, and I'll still likely buy one, but that means that I need to find a faster/cheaper alternative in the meantime (buy a decent/cheap balanced cable to hold me over until the custom arrives). Problem is finding a cheap balanced Audeze El-8 cable (since it has that proprietary connection). It looks like I can snag a decent litz cable for around $150, I just hate spending half of what a nice custom cable costs on a cable I plan on replacing soon. Guess that's just how it goes. Thanks for the input all.

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,781 of 6,464
Dec 19, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,783 of 6,464
Actually I received my Therium couple weeks ago. At first, I'm very dissapointed with the sounds. It's all about the bass, too much bass and I plan to sell it.
Since I have nothing to do today, I guess I try it again and I just realized, I installed ViperAudio on my Android which I enabled bass boost
blink.gif
. I disabled it and the sound is WOW.
Sound stage is pretty much wider, more detail. Love the cable now

Thank's Trevor to bring my c6iem to another level
smile_phones.gif

PS: I'm pretty sure c6iem v1 + Therium can make c6iem v2 a loser

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #1,784 of 6,464

Glad to hear your enjoying it after disabling your bass booster.  :)

update for those with pending questions / status: 

emails will be back to same day reply again hopefully by Monday. 
For all that have pending emails they will be answered very soon
thanks again for your patience. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #1,785 of 6,464
I just wanted to add to the thread with a long story made short (I will try to keep it short lol).

Back in September I ordered a 9 foot Draug 2 cable from Trevor,  fast forward 4 weeks later I had my brand new cable.  I was thoroughly impressed with the construction of the cable as well as obviously the sound.

What really impressed me during my communications with Trevor was his openess to listen and accomodate.  I realized then and there during the ordering process that Norne was a first class act through and through.

Heres where the plot thickens however.  Being a self proclaimed practitioner of O.C.D (lol) I noticed 1 month into ownership a miniscule scrape on one of the cable coating strands.

I sent Trevor an email describing the issue, he quickly replied asking how he could remedy the problem.

We agreed that I would send him the cable back and he would rebuild me a brand spanking new cable from scratch at his expense.  Keep in mind that the issue with the cable was so tiny that a mere mortal wouldnt have bothered to compalin,  Im just one of those overly fussy types.

This minor coating defect (scuff) occurs very rarely maybe once in a blue moon like they say, a cable manufacturer defect not related to Nornes build.

I received the new Draug cable this evening looking and sounding as perfect as can be.

So my real purpose for posting is to say Bravo to Trevor and Norne Audio for making things right and having the patience in dealing with my concerns.  Stuff like this shows real character in a company.

Its easy to deal with orders when all is well but when a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix the real test begins and Trevor passed with flying clours. 

Definately one of the good guys.  And boy what a cable !

Bravo Trevor well done !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back