Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 29, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,742 of 6,509
i just wrote a post about this in the empire ears thread.  it really depends on the construction of the customs and the pins you choose.  as far as i know, Norne only uses eidolic 2 pins, which have a cylindrical portion from which the rectangular head protrudes.  if the recessed sockets are too far recessed or the shape of the face plate happens to be a certain way, you will not be able to plug in the cable.  it should be noted that the TeCu 2 pins are slightly shorter than the pins on my stock cable, making the issue slightly worse.  i had this issue with one side, and i had to file the acrylic a bit.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,743 of 6,509
Anyone know if this is an issue with acs Encores? They come with a Linum cable, the connector is fairly deep in the shell, but removable.
I'm considering a cable change if possible, seer if I can bring our the highs better.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #1,744 of 6,509
I'd like to ask anyone out there who has had direct listening experience in comparing the Draug 2 to the Zoetic on a pair of HD800 cans. I am aware that many choose the Draug 2, but since I am wanting a 9ft. pair, this puts the Druag 2 in a price range that is difficult for me right now, even with BLK15 coupon. The Zoetic is priced at 35% off so it works better for my budget of course. Has anyone been able to direct compare the two, and if so please share your thoughts, hopefully before this Sunday:grin:
Thanks; Tim

Well, thanks to the Black Friday incentive and the fact that sometimes life is just not fair, I decided to cross one item off my bucket list: just ordered a 7ft. Draug2, brown/black, ebony/red splitter...for my HD800's. I've been jonesing for this cable for months, but just could not pull the trigger...for many reasons. My quest is over, and I'm quite excited. I would like to give a major shout out to Trevor, who has been very patient and kind with all of my email inquiries. He has always responded in more than a timely manner, especially considering he is one of the premier wire builders in our hobby.
Trevor, if you ever make it to North Idaho, the finest local brewed IPA's are on me!

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #1,745 of 6,509
And... ordered, 10' black Draug v2 for my HE1000.  I thought about going with Zoetic, and that will save me around $110, but finally decided on Draug v2.  Once that decision is done, hardest part was the color, took me 2 days for that, ping-pong back and forth between red/black vs. black and finally decided red was too bright for me and go complete ninja, hope it turns out well.

Got to give a thump up to Trevor for being patient with me and helping me through the decision process.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,746 of 6,509
  And... ordered, 10' black Draug v2 for my HE1000.  I thought about going with Zoetic, and that will save me around $110, but finally decided on Draug v2.  Once that decision is done, hardest part was the color, took me 2 days for that, ping-pong back and forth between red/black vs. black and finally decided red was too bright for me and go complete ninja, hope it turns out well.

Got to give a thump up to Trevor for being patient with me and helping me through the decision process.

You will love that cable and good color choice also. 
biggrin.gif

Glad to see this thread so active, Trevor deserves the recognition. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #1,747 of 6,509

Awesome! I'm glad you ended up going for the draug2!!! It's well worth it! A fantastic choice for your cans!

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,748 of 6,509

You will love the Draug 2, can't wait to hear about the improvement in bass impact with the HEK!

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,749 of 6,509
Thanks for the reassurance, will report back when I receive the cable.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,750 of 6,509
Hey guys, I want to thank everyone for being patient through these past BF days with emails.  Definitely it is a challenge to get everything answered
right now with the vast amount of them, while also trying to pump orders out.  All emails will be answered, and if you have not received a reply then
please feel free to PM your email addy, or just forward your email again for a friendly bump in our inbox.  Of course it is my goal to always answer within
some hours, but its not always going to happen 100% of the time right now.  Thanks again for all of your patience, support and posts. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,751 of 6,509
I'll say you can never go wrong with a Zoetic Series cable. Trevor has made for me 2 Zoetic cables, 1 for LCD-2, and the other for Senn HD650. Both work great and I love the flexibility they have. :)

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,752 of 6,509
Thought I'd share a few pictures of a new cable I just got from Trevor today. It's a yet to be named silver prototype cable that's a tier above Therium in terms of price. It's overall a thicker cable than Therium, and thus not quite as fantastically ergonomic as the Therium, but it's still much more manageable than most cables around the same size as it. I'm very impressed with the ergonomics of Trevor's cables. They retain very little memory and are some of the most comfortable cables I've had the pleasure of using.

Left is Therium and right is the new cable with new metal splitters. The metal splitter is actually a little smaller than the wood splitter.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #1,753 of 6,509
Hi,

May I ask what the differences are with the latest cable that you have?  I have previously bought the Draug 2 for my HD 800's.  I think Trevors work is fantastic so now looking for a great cable for my SE 846's. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #1,754 of 6,509
  Hi,

May I ask what the differences are with the latest cable that you have?  I have previously bought the Draug 2 for my HD 800's.  I think Trevors work is fantastic so now looking for a great cable for my SE 846's. 

So in terms of sound I actually cant say yet because I actually have my CIEM getting fixed from a crack and I also have the Zeus coming in soon. 

But if you're looking for an awesome cable with great ergonomics... the Therium is really my top recommendation out of all the cables and companies I've tried.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #1,755 of 6,509

So in terms of sound I actually cant say yet because I actually have my CIEM getting fixed from a crack and I also have the Zeus coming in soon. 

But if you're looking for an awesome cable with great ergonomics... the Therium is really my top recommendation out of all the cables and companies I've tried.

Many thanks for your swift reply.  :)  I'm in touch with Trevor now so will sort something out very soon. 

Thx again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back