Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3,211 of 6,432
So maybe not a high-end phone, but today I brought my old HD203's to school cause I was going to hand them down to my good friend (I just got my HFI-580 so I have no use for those anymore other than (maybe) a sound comparison. But I can always ask to borrow it if I'd ever want to do that) and I took it out during my math class, where my other friends were. They hogged the phones. Behind me was my friend who has the Beats and as we were playing random music from our iPods for the headphones, he was sleeping with his beats around his neck. My friend then decides to put on some of my more calm music and put it over his head, he woke up. After school he asks me "Hey man.. Are you selling those headphones?". Could've made 30$ ;-;

My other friend also asked to borrow the Beats and my HD203's to compare em. HD203's won. Can't wait till next week when I bring my 580's to school the day before winter break.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #3,212 of 6,432
So maybe not a high-end phone, but today I brought my old HD203's to school cause I was going to hand them down to my good friend (I just got my HFI-580 so I have no use for those anymore other than (maybe) a sound comparison. But I can always ask to borrow it if I'd ever want to do that) and I took it out during my math class, where my other friends were. They hogged the phones. Behind me was my friend who has the Beats and as we were playing random music from our iPods for the headphones, he was sleeping with his beats around his neck. My friend then decides to put on some of my more calm music and put it over his head, he woke up. After school he asks me "Hey man.. Are you selling those headphones?". Could've made 30$ ;-;

My other friend also asked to borrow the Beats and my HD203's to compare em. HD203's won. Can't wait till next week when I bring my 580's to school the day before winter break.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ha no one in any of my classes have beats so that hasn't happened to me yet but it probably would if someone did have them.
I tried showing my friend who got HD280s from his uncle my 940s but he only commented on the isolation and the price.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #3,213 of 6,432
Speaking of skrillex, how can anyone call this good? The only part of value is the random quote at the end. Yes there not musicians because they don't play instruments.
Rock on.

(disclaimer, i am not calling electronic music trash i am just stating the common belief. Is it true some electronic takes talent? Well yes but it's still easier then playing a real instrument)

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #3,214 of 6,432

Ummm, what about his previous roll. Some people would consider it good right? I've never listened to them, just making a point. Does being good at only vocals and not playing an instrument make you a bad or unskilled artist?

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #3,216 of 6,432

Quote:
*nah those suck, not as clear as my beats"
refering to my SRH440 Studio's that were fully burned in...

"not enough bass"
refering to my HFI 580's....dude. all ur beats solo has is impact....in terms of low frequency responce.....whatever man, i just ignore them

Um what? You have got to be kidding. I could understand if he said they have no bass but unclear?

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #3,217 of 6,432

Quote:
Um what? You have got to be kidding. I could understand if he said they have no bass but unclear?

I know right..have u seen the graphs for the 440's and the Beats solo!'s! They are night and day. I may not have the best studio's. but mine are fully burned in and are known to be one of the best bang for teh buck headphones..so yeah. ppl just give me the....yeah this kid trying to look cool face when i walk by. and then they bring up their beats...yeah man....no. 

i've demoed the solo's...the people singing sound like they are half a mile away. 

and yes. i know that the people have some truth in calling my HFI580's having less bass. but.....when ur bass drowns out everything else. soemone making that comment is really hilarious

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #3,218 of 6,432

Quote:
The only dubstep artist I like is skrillex to be honest. Everything else I heard was just boring and lacking elements. The only thing I get from your guys conversation so far is he sticks to midrange bass and doesnt go deep enough. If that in itself is so detrimental then ai guess I'm glad I have no interest to get into the genre.

Heya,

You serious?

Very best

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #3,219 of 6,432

Quote:

+1

have them also got that from many people, that they have no bass and are not as good as there studio's (face palm)

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #3,220 of 6,432

Quote:

+1

have them also got that from many people, that they have no bass and are not as good as there studio's (face palm)

I don't want to belittle you as I have also just noticed this feature of Head-Fi. There's a thumbs up button near the Multi, Quote, and Reply buttongs :) yeah, it's not used often as it should on Head-Fi

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3,222 of 6,432
Dec 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #3,224 of 6,432

Quote:
Speaking of skrillex, how can anyone call this good? The only part of value is the random quote at the end. Yes there not musicians because they don't play instruments.
Rock on.

(disclaimer, i am not calling electronic music trash i am just stating the common belief. Is it true some electronic takes talent? Well yes but it's still easier then playing a real instrument)

Everyone has their own musical preference. I personally dislike most dubstep because to me, it feels like there's literally no structure and it sounds extremely random. BUT I like this dubstep song:

And I like it because it's catchy and actually has a structure. I wouldn't go as far as to say that ANY music AT ALL is "bad", the music just doesn't suit my tastes if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back