Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #3,181 of 6,432
Dec 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #3,183 of 6,432
This is straight dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjePYqSTLRc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #3,184 of 6,432
What has been heard shall never be unheard. 

"Real" dubstep is actually quite cool.

:0

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #3,185 of 6,432
WOAH WOAH WOAH. Skrillex bashing? Okay. But Flux Pavilion. You're crossing a line there buddy. Fisticuffs. 

Also, I'd define Brostep as stuff like what Rusko and Caspa do, not like what Skrillex does. Sure it's piercing and annoying (and mainstream), but at least there's variation. Rusko puts the same wobble over the same sample for 5 minutes and calls it a song. There's a big difference between him and Skrillex. 

Concerning Flux Pavilion...They have a few songs that are suspect, but for the most part the remixes are top notch. That remix of Louder is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

While I agree that DubStep has its problems there's still a lot of good stuff out there. Burial, Gemini, KOAN Sound, Klaypex, etc. I've had to do this before and I'm sick of it. Head-fi needs to stop viewing DubStep as a whole as garbage. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #3,188 of 6,432
Another good name in the scene lately is MiMOSA. 

It just really bugs me around here (and in general lately) people just say DubStep is crap...and it's just not true. There's so much great DubStep out there...

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #3,189 of 6,432
But people are entitled to their opinion, if they think it's crap they have the right to that opinion and can voice it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #3,190 of 6,432
That's fine, but the problem is people tend to say 'All DubStep is crap' and then I come in and mention some artists they're like 'Oh but I like those. I didn't mean that DubStep was crap.'

It's frustrating.

Quote:
But people are entitled to their opinion, if they think it's crap they have the right to that opinion and can voice it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #3,191 of 6,432
Meh. It's not crap. But listening to the same "midrange trash" gets boring. I enjoy Klaypex. Very chill.

"Real" dubstep is awesome too. Very deep, with none of that midrange trash. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #3,192 of 6,432
Try this on for size. Lots of low bass lines, chill, and just awesome.

On Topic: Do reactions to price and size count? I get a lot of WHY ARE THEY SO HUGE, and THEY COST HOW MUCH from my coworkers. I kind of just look at them like 'Hey man, you asked.'

Quote:
Meh. It's not crap. But listening to the same "midrange trash" gets boring. I enjoy Klaypex. Very chill.

"Real" dubstep is awesome too. Very deep, with none of that midrange trash. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #3,193 of 6,432
This explains a lot. I always was perplexed that people say dubstep has "so much bass" when to me it just sounds like a bunch of midrange "wubs" or whatever.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #3,195 of 6,432
Sub bass!!!!!: http://soundcloud.com/vannin_dubstep/vannin-plastic-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back