Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #3,196 of 6,432
Mostly people like them but can't agree with spending that much on headphones.  Although if you think that's bad, I get a way bigger reaction from people who can't believe what I spend on pens.  They can't fathom my $200 fountain pen, lucky I can't afford a Mont Blanc or they'd really **** the bed.  If I was spending a grand on something like that though, I think I'd fork over the extra for hd800s rather than a Mont Blanc.  Either way, people can't understand =P

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3,197 of 6,432
I know I'm young but I do appriciate Mont Blancs, I would never purchase one but I understand. They are very nice pens.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #3,198 of 6,432

Quote:
Try this on for size. Lots of low bass lines, chill, and just awesome.

On Topic: Do reactions to price and size count? I get a lot of WHY ARE THEY SO HUGE, and THEY COST HOW MUCH from my coworkers. I kind of just look at them like 'Hey man, you asked.'

That video was the first dubstep song I've heard that I could actually listen to. It wasn't half bad but still not entirely to my taste. Most of the dubstep songs I've heard (granted, they aren't that many as I've had no interest in dubstep) have been utterly crap. To me most of it isn't even music, it's someone rolling their face on the keyboard and then adding effects on it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #3,199 of 6,432
Give DJ Fresh's other stuff a shot. He does more Neurofunk than anything but he generally just makes fantastic music.

Quote:
That video was the first dubstep song I've heard that I could actually listen to. It wasn't half bad but still not entirely to my taste. Most of the dubstep songs I've heard (granted, they aren't that many as I've had no interested in dubstep) have been utterly crap. To me most of it isn't even music, it's someone rolling their face on the keyboard and then adding effects on it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #3,200 of 6,432
Quote:
Give DJ Fresh's other stuff a shot. He does more Neurofunk than anything but he generally just makes fantastic music.

just watched this:  DJ Fresh - 'Gold Dust' on youtube ... I actually kinda liked that ... 

is that kind of music still considered dubstep ? I thought dubstep was just some monotonic music made by some unimaginative attention whores .... 

sometimes dubstep mixer just don't care about the original music, the artist vocals are changed so much, the lyrics eventually lost meanings ...

all you can hear are bass, sub bass, low bass, that are often repeated again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ...
through out their so called mix ...... it makes you wonder, is this remix or re-crap .....

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #3,201 of 6,432
No, that would be considered more drum 'n' bass. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #3,202 of 6,432
Yeah DJ Fresh does DnB and Neurofunk. I said give it a shot as a general recommendaion. DJ Fresh has a very old school style and I love it.

Some of the best legit DubStep is by Burial though. Fantastic light in the darkness that is modern Dub.

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3,203 of 6,432
The only dubstep artist I like is skrillex to be honest. Everything else I heard was just boring and lacking elements. The only thing I get from your guys conversation so far is he sticks to midrange bass and doesnt go deep enough. If that in itself is so detrimental then ai guess I'm glad I have no interest to get into the genre.

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #3,204 of 6,432
The only dubstep I will ever genuinely love, enjoy: 

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #3,205 of 6,432
Quote:
The only dubstep artist I like is skrillex to be honest. Everything else I heard was just boring and lacking elements. The only thing I get from your guys conversation so far is he sticks to midrange bass and doesnt go deep enough. If that in itself is so detrimental then ai guess I'm glad I have no interest to get into the genre.

I actually liked skrillex's mixes, but without the dubstep parts .... hoorayyyyy...

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #3,207 of 6,432
I purpose we start a dubstep thread elsewhere and stop cluttering up this thread with our BS lol.

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #3,209 of 6,432

Quote:
Mostly people like them but can't agree with spending that much on headphones.  Although if you think that's bad, I get a way bigger reaction from people who can't believe what I spend on pens.  They can't fathom my $200 fountain pen, lucky I can't afford a Mont Blanc or they'd really **** the bed.  If I was spending a grand on something like that though, I think I'd fork over the extra for hd800s rather than a Mont Blanc.  Either way, people can't understand =P

Eh, in my experience, almost everyone has some sort of expensive hobby (or in my case, hobbies). Usually when people point out spending a good amount of money on headphones, I point out the money they spend on whatever their vices are.

Besides, I think my knife hobby is a bit harder to justify financially than this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back