Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3,229 of 6,432

Quote:
Everyone has their own musical preference. I personally dislike most dubstep because to me, it feels like there's literally no structure and it sounds extremely random. BUT I like this dubstep song:

And I like it because it's catchy and actually has a structure. I wouldn't go as far as to say that ANY music AT ALL is "bad", the music just doesn't suit my tastes if that's the case.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xy-4Qcah6Ys
this song made me lol ( i liked it up till 1:10)

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #3,231 of 6,432
I CAN'T STOP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP, OP. Flux is a beast!

One complaint about Bass Connon though: No low lows. Other Flux songs have plenty but the one song actually called Bass Cannon of all things doesn't offer any. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #3,233 of 6,432
theory as to why midrange dubstep is more mainstream...

1) 100-120 hz is about where we hear 'punch'
2) most 'bassy' mainstream earphones/headphones don't extend very low and simply have a lot of muddy midbass

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #3,234 of 6,432
Flux Pavillion is one of my favorite DubStep acts out there. Great, great music. High energy and tons of fun. It really gets people moving.

My favorite (solo) Flux song is Normalize. Pressure it creates with that sick riff is just phenominal. The best remix (by far) is his remix of 'Louder'. That remix is a friggin' masterpiece.

I can agree that there's a lot wrong with the more mainstream DubStep scene lately, but I'll defend Flux Pavillion to the ends of the earth.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #3,235 of 6,432
I can't stop for sure goes lower than Bass Cannon as does this:

Have the pleasure of listening to all of these in a car with a nice sub, I know where the real lows lye. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #3,236 of 6,432

You should have heard them on my SRM450s. Those loudspeakers literally knocked stuff off my walls. Mmmm...

Also, Cracks is the second best Flux remix, IMO.

Quote:
Have the pleasure of listening to all of these in a car with a nice sub, I know where the real lows lye. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3,238 of 6,432
I don;t really have any non-audiophile reactions other than my own.  A couple months ago I picked up the m50's simply because I wanted some good sound.  I've had a foot in the quality music door for a while since I got the Super.fi 3 many years back as a gift.  Anyways, when I got the m50's they were the best things I have heard and that's just coming from my laptop.

I'm very happy with them and after reading some of this thread, maybe I shouldn't listen to higher end equipment and get caught up in the upgrading.  Already corrupted by this place though and looking into trying some low end grados or something else, just want to experience some soundstage :p.

Sorry to ruin the dupstep posting trend haha.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #3,239 of 6,432
Dubstep heads go start your own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back