Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #256 of 4,655
Recently let a friend who owned beats before and now has Bose try my HD 650s.  He was definitely impressed, saying how he could still get good bass but hear so much more clearly.  Within the next half hour he asked me at least 3 times how much my rig was... you could tell he was thinking bout his budgeting plans :D .  Two days later, he declares that he will save up $500 and then come ask me for recommendations... we may have ourselves a new convert :popcorn:

This is the type of thing I love to hear. Good job and good luck.
I'm having some luck with my mother. I got her a pair of Phillips she3580 because her work headphones broke. Today she told me "those things sound so much better than my old set". Im pretty impressed myself for $5.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #257 of 4,655
Quote:
Recently let a friend who owned beats before and now has Bose try my HD 650s.  He was definitely impressed, saying how he could still get good bass but hear so much more clearly.  Within the next half hour he asked me at least 3 times how much my rig was... you could tell he was thinking bout his budgeting plans
biggrin.gif
.  Two days later, he declares that he will save up $500 and then come ask me for recommendations... we may have ourselves a new convert
popcorn.gif

YES!

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #261 of 4,655
I let a coworker listen to my Grados. His response. "Sounds good. Yeah, my son got some beats - those sound really good too"

I almost wished I had some beats just to be able to provide a comparison on the spot for situations like that.

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #262 of 4,655
Not really high end but.

I managed to convince a friend of mine to buy an ATH-AH900X and he loves it. However I have another friend who says that he doesn't "See the point in spending so much on headphones", sad really but to each to his own I guess.

My older brother asked to try my ATH-A700X's, he enjoyed it a lot more than the Beats he purchased and regrets in doing so. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #263 of 4,655
Quote:
Not really high end but.

I managed to convince a friend of mine to buy an ATH-AH900X and he loves it. However I have another friend who says that he doesn't "See the point in spending so much on headphones", sad really but to each to his own I guess.

My older brother asked to try my ATH-A700X's, he enjoyed it a lot more than the Beats he purchased and regrets in doing so. 

It's just like how some people can't enjoy fine dining in a proper restaurant seeing it's like $20 per dish. We all have our preferences, its alright for us to let them taste it, but we have to be neutral and acceptant of their preferences, but who knows, maybe with the right headphones and their favorite track they could actually pick up and catch the bug.
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #264 of 4,655
Quote:
It's just like how some people can't enjoy fine dining in a proper restaurant seeing it's like $20 per dish. We all have our preferences, its alright for us to let them taste it, but we have to be neutral and acceptant of their preferences, but who knows, maybe with the right headphones and their favorite track they could actually pick up and catch the bug.
wink.gif

$20 per entree is fine dining where you live?  Where is that?!

Jokes aside, the best city I've ever lived in regarding food was San Francisco - even a $3 burrito there is so good!  The worst (not counting my home town) was probably Roanoke, VA, although the sushi place there is amazeballs and there are a few other nice little places.  In Savannah, it's very hit and miss, mostly miss...

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #265 of 4,655
Quote:
$20 per entree is fine dining where you live?  Where is that?!

Jokes aside, the best city I've ever lived in regarding food was San Francisco - even a $3 burrito there is so good!  The worst (not counting my home town) was probably Roanoke, VA, although the sushi place there is amazeballs and there are a few other nice little places.  In Savannah, it's very hit and miss, mostly miss...

Really fine dining wouldn't even be in terms of entrees, you'd more likely get a prix fixe.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #266 of 4,655
Some places I've eaten only have one meal that night....but of those that do offer apps/entrees/deserts, 'fine' dining is a lot more expensive.  Me, I'm a head-fi'er - I eat ramen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back