Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #151 of 4,655
Quote:
I took my Stax SR-303 to school today. Reactions were universally pleasant, but I didn't get a chance to bag a rapper can listener.

Pics to come.

You serious? 
will wait for the pics 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #152 of 4,655
Quote:
I took my Stax SR-303 to school today. Reactions were universally pleasant, but I didn't get a chance to bag a rapper can listener.

Pics to come.

That sounds insane!

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #154 of 4,655
One of my three brothers was in town. I sat him down with my Mad Dogs and had him pick a song. After the first half of a live Led Zeppelin song he looked at me and said "wow, it's like I'm there. I can hear everything separately."
Made my day.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #155 of 4,655
Quote:

Pics to come.

Wow, and you lugged the amp to go with it?  Dedication.

Definitely looking forward to pics and more descriptions. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #156 of 4,655
If he lets down and forgets about his photo promise now, I'll not have lived my life to the fullest extent.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #158 of 4,655
Some headphone sellers on Craigslist are a bit grumpy.  In the end I do understand why, but still...

"Hello.  I'm interested on your cans but would be possible to ask for a bit lower price?"
"blah blah"  Blah blah "blah blah"...
"What's with the hostility?  I wasn't lowballing or anything.  Was just hoping $10 lower than your asking price would make up for my fare."
"Oh, $10?  That's fair.  I thought you were one of those trolls with Beats bashing my ad.  5 of them mailed me asking for $50 (for AKG K550)."
"Ah.  The typical reaction to non-Beats."
"So when should we meet?"
"Nah.  I was offended by your reply.  Maybe next time.  Good luck though."

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #159 of 4,655
Quote:
Some headphone sellers on Craigslist are a bit grumpy.  In the end I do understand why, but still...

"Hello.  I'm interested on your cans but would be possible to ask for a bit lower price?"
"blah blah"  Blah blah "blah blah"...
"What's with the hostility?  I wasn't lowballing or anything.  Was just hoping $10 lower than your asking price would make up for my fare."
"Oh, $10?  That's fair.  I thought you were one of those trolls with Beats bashing my ad.  5 of them mailed me asking for $50 (for AKG K550)."
"Ah.  The typical reaction to non-Beats."
"So when should we meet?"
"Nah.  I was offended by your reply.  Maybe next time.  Good luck though."

No offense, Phoenix, but this doesn't exactly put you in a very flattering light.  He immediately backed off and had a reasonable explanation for his response - one with which you empathized.  Kind of a d-bag move to prioritize your own entitled sense of offense even after understanding and empathizing.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #161 of 4,655
Quote:
No offense, Phoenix, but this doesn't exactly put you in a very flattering light.  He immediately backed off and had a reasonable explanation for his response - one with which you empathized.  Kind of a d-bag move to prioritize your own entitled sense of offense even after understanding and empathizing.

Well it was quite offending for a first reply.  I'd probably change my mind a week later though... maybe.

"If you don't know REAL quality headphones leave me alone.  Educate yourself!  Go troll someone else!"

But again, I couldn't blame him.  I know how terrible Craigslist bashers are.  I could imagine some people who just don't know much about hi-fi to realize there really are expensive phones out there (even those oblivious to Beats), to react that way.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #164 of 4,655
Great pictures; made my day.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #165 of 4,655
awesome pics.  I'm surprise you didn't get slammed for the way it looks.  Normally people who don't own good headphones have problem looking past looks before sounds.  I just let a family look at your picture and they said "what were they thinking when they made that headphone." Haha only if they know what role Stax's plays in the headphone world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back