Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 16, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #4,459 of 4,655
Get an iPod, if he's using it as a portable thing he will never hear any improvements in sound. Improvements are at best incremental. It's just that we have been exposed with such gears and hi def that we tend to exaggerate improvements when others think "meh...". We've all had experiences where people had directly compared between $100 and $1000 headphones through good source but still prefer the cheaper alternative as they'd rather spend the money on something else befitting their personal passion (clothes, car, phones, whatever the lot).

Anyone else who disagrees with me should know that this is my opinion and I could disagree with your opinion too regarding the matter. I don't know why I should elaborate about opinions but I just think I should because "just in case".

Also iPod UI is one of the best in the industry, he should be happy with it for a long time.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #4,460 of 4,655
  Get an iPod, if he's using it as a portable thing he will never hear any improvements in sound. Improvements are at best incremental. It's just that we have been exposed with such gears and hi def that we tend to exaggerate improvements when others think "meh...". We've all had experiences where people had directly compared between $100 and $1000 headphones through good source but still prefer the cheaper alternative as they'd rather spend the money on something else befitting their personal passion (clothes, car, phones, whatever the lot).

Anyone else who disagrees with me should know that this is my opinion and I could disagree with your opinion too regarding the matter. I don't know why I should elaborate about opinions but I just think I should because "just in case".

Also iPod UI is one of the best in the industry, he should be happy with it for a long time.

I agree. I have two portable setups. AK120+AUNE B1 and Touch (3rd)+E11k. The first one sounds better of course, but it costs 5 times of the second one and bigger.  Sometimes, I just want to carry the second setup around, because it is much lighter.  Because, when I use the portable gears, I am usually where I can't notice the sound difference, like on a subway train. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #4,461 of 4,655
My major gripe with an ipod is the lack of expandable storage.  The onboard storage is inadequate, unless you want a spinning platter inside your device, which is a cause for concern in a device you're going to be using when out and about.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #4,462 of 4,655
I always hated apple's refusal to add micro SD card compatibility to their devices. Plus, their devices can never be customized in a way that android devices can unless u jailbreak them.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #4,464 of 4,655
My major gripe with an ipod is the lack of expandable storage.  The onboard storage is inadequate, unless you want a spinning platter inside your device, which is a cause for concern in a device you're going to be using when out and about.

Adding just an SD card that supported 32GB would be good enough. Apps and OS on the internal storage and music on the SD Card.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #4,465 of 4,655
Apple will probably never add compatibility for SD cards in the near future, as they want to make money off selling the same Iphones/iPods with bigger storage space

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #4,468 of 4,655
I've owned two different gen iPod Nanos and have plenty of friends using iphones. So far all experiences point to positive.

Some people want convenience and while others prefer control and performance. It's like comparing apples to androids.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,469 of 4,655
I've owned two different gen iPod Nanos and have plenty of friends using iphones. So far all experiences point to positive.

Some people want convenience and while others prefer control and performance. It's like comparing apples to androids.

Yup, I have owned a 4th gen ipod classic (probs somewhere in my parents house still) and a second gen itouch (sold it to Amazon for a decent amount), but I'm one of those people who prefer control/like to tinker with my stuff.

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #4,470 of 4,655
And that is why I stay away from Apple. For me Apples are for eating :wink:.
I like to say my friends who are apple fanboys, "why would u buy from a company who has a half eaten apple as their freaking logo?" And 1-for-1, android phones nearly always beat apple phones on every count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back