Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 18, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,196 of 4,655
One of the earlier listeners from the headphone passaround just ordered Momentums. ! I guess that's a win. Maybe he'll let me borrow them. :D

May 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #3,197 of 4,655
One of the earlier listeners from the headphone passaround just ordered Momentums. ! I guess that's a win. Maybe he'll let me borrow them. :D

Be sure to whisper "one of us! One of us!" and tell him you're sorry for his wallet.

May 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #3,200 of 4,655

Ok, too easy :xf_eek:

Ali

Wait, you turned them flat?! What'd you do? Take the batteries out so they couldn't produce any sound?

No seriously, the old beats studio were the first "expensive" headphones i owned, and the bass is everywhere. I know sometimes people here say "well yeah I think this headphone has too much bass, that headphones lows are way too overpowered". But the old studio's are just a whole new level of overpowering bass.
And please don't ever hook these up with a Fiio e11 with bass boost on.. They vibrate wildly, and sound extremely distorted. Even without amp.
lol! That doesn't look like the owner of apple! That's bill gates, owner of Microsoft! That artist screwed up... And, to kill speed: its called 20db of bass drainage. It works... And I still had a good half of my eq on my Nokia left. They are considerably harder to eq than most headphones (thanks to the crappy onboard amp and circuitry.), but... They don't vibrate that much at all. Have you never been a bass head before??? Lol. Cheap solution to show you what I do: buy a jvc ha-m55x at WalMart for 50$, hook up an e11, bass boost the hell out of it, then put it on your head at full volume. NOW THAT is vibrating like crazy and pushing ridiculous quantities of bass. Beats studios aren't comparable lol. Pros are, but studios definitely aren't. Pros thump around the same as the 55's, but are wholly overpriced. At that price, if you wanted bass you could get Sony xb1000's or jvc sz2000 for 100$ less, and get 4 times as much of a bass hit... Or 3 sz1000's, or 4 jvc ha-mr77x's. :p beats just aren't worth it when it comes to basshead cans... Audiophile cans? Nope to that too... They do look cool tho. :p... Actually, my friend got beats for free from his uncle who got them as a work gift, and the first thing I did?: bass boost on e11... They made it to 3.5/8 before they gave up and didn't get any louder. :p lol.

May 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #3,201 of 4,655
http://m.ebay.com/itm/111345455461?nav=SEARCH I'm sad I can't buy this right now, but I'm sure I'll be able to find another pair later... Anybody want to go for it and post impressions? They are retro cans. Numark DH-45 SVT. My friend has a pair, but he's no audiophile... All he said is they're good. We talk over Skype, so I can't hear them in person. So since there's no info on them, may as well ask somebody to make some info!

May 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #3,202 of 4,655
What I would recommend is buy a 50 bucks fake beats pro to experiment with. They are pretty much like the real deal except worse sound quality and build quality.

LOL. I actually own a fake (that's the Pro I have right now), but it's for about twice that price. To be honest, it actually sounds a lot like the real deal.

lol! That doesn't look like the owner of apple! That's bill gates, owner of Microsoft! 

Yeah, he does look like Bill Gates, but he still looks more like Tim Cook.

May 19, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #3,203 of 4,655
Tim-Cook-has-taken-over-f-007.jpg
bill-gates-jpg.jpg
hmm... I think he looks like bill gates more.

May 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3,204 of 4,655
C'mon down to south park, gonna have ourselves a time... (your profile pic. Lol.) and if you look here, the fake beats came surprisingly close to the real deal, and... Actually sounded a tad better. http://en.goldenears.net/11063

May 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3,206 of 4,655
Tim-Cook-has-taken-over-f-007.jpg
bill-gates-jpg.jpg
hmm... I think he looks like bill gates more.

To each our own, though I both agree and disagree in part. 

C'mon down to south park, gonna have ourselves a time... (your profile pic. Lol.) and if you look here, the fake beats came surprisingly close to the real deal, and... Actually sounded a tad better. http://en.goldenears.net/11063

Heh. So you noticed, huh?
Apparently, your link led to the Studios, not the Pros.

Anyway, I saw a guy testing out all sorts of Beats headphones. Apparently, he didn't give a crap about all of the better choices just sitting right beside them (there were two DNAs, a golden Diamond Tears, the P7, and the holy grail of all of them, the H6). But at least the worse pairs weren't there (Studio 1, Solo HD).

Sadly, they took the Yamaha Pro 400 off the display table...I honestly liked them a lot.

May 19, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #3,207 of 4,655
Played my mum some "Wish You Were Here" recently with my *portable* Fiio E17 and HD650s. She'd never heard anything like it and promptly cried. 

Planning on getting her a nice set of cans for her birthday and a PMP loaded with High-Resolution files from her yoof. 

May 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3,209 of 4,655
Played my mum some "Wish You Were Here" recently with my *portable* Fiio E17 and HD650s. She'd never heard anything like it and promptly cried. 

Planning on getting her a nice set of cans for her birthday and a PMP loaded with High-Resolution files from her yoof. 
awesome! I'd suggest seeing what headphone she would like the most first though. Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Etc. Maybe have her try some from a few brands and go from there?

May 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3,210 of 4,655
How about... Billson :cool: HAHAHAHA

Can we stop talking about Beats and repeating over and over again why we are not a fan of it? :frowning2:

My friend wish to borrow my ZoroHD... Again xD
my little pony! My little pony! Ah AH AH AHH!!! My little pony! I used to wonder what friendship would be?! (happy? Lol.) and they want to borrow it again? Are they that good? Because since the UE4000 are cheap enough to convince my friends to buy them instead of sony's (30 freaking $!!) and they are audiophile approved so... Yep... Or the superlux's... But those don't look pimp, nor does the build look as good. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back