Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,311 of 4,655
  When you are watching this Vsauce2 video on youtube and realize at 0:55 that the cyclist was wearing his HD202 backwards.

Feels good I'm not the only one, when watching video's I try to identify the headphones I see in them.. I also do it in real life, and then tell a friend of mine (which took a small step into audiophillia)  or my GF "hey I just saw someone walking around with ___ headphone!"
They also do the same thing back, although we stopped calling beats or cheap sony's, since you see these everywhere, unless it are fake beats, that's always fun.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,312 of 4,655
Nope, already home for about 3 hours. Still bored though.

Have to talk with some guy who's here to "help me with my problems". And I'm trying to convince him into audiophillia. He will drive me to a head-fi meet in a few weeks/few months (not sure how long it'll take before the meet will be). Feels like I'm using him because my "problems" have been gone for years already though, but hey he asked me to come up with some activity.

I let him listen to 'ecstasy of gold' by Ennio Morricone with an unamped HE-300, straight from my laptop.. He was blown away.
"Problems"? Pm me.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,313 of 4,655
Feels good I'm not the only one, when watching video's I try to identify the headphones I see in them.. I also do it in real life, and then tell a friend of mine (which took a small step into audiophillia)  or my GF "hey I just saw someone walking around with ___ headphone!"
They also do the same thing back, although we stopped calling beats or cheap sony's, since you see these everywhere, unless it are fake beats, that's always fun.
lol. I was doing cfs3 on my computer, and I look over at a commercial on Disney channel (ugh... Crappy channel imo.) and I see all of the people wearing ath m-50x's. Good to know Disney gives their musicians that they put on tv good equipment though!

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #2,314 of 4,655
"Problems"? Pm me.

I'll just clear it up right in this thread.

I used to get bullied, years ago, so I wasn't happy in life.
It's all fixed already, for some reason he's back though. Probably my mom panicing about nothing again (I switched schools, because I wanted to follow another course)
Sorry to trouble you, shouldn't have started with it. But no worries nothing bad's happening LOL, way too busy with this hobby ^.^

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #2,315 of 4,655
lol. I was doing cfs3 on my computer, and I look over at a commercial on Disney channel (ugh... Crappy channel imo.) and I see all of the people wearing ath m-50x's. Good to know Disney gives their musicians that they put on tv good equipment though!

Here all I see on commercials and stuff, are pioneer headphones from the HDJ series (Which I really dislike, I don't feel like they're worth their money at all) And of course the damned beats..

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,316 of 4,655
Dude I have ADHD and I've been bullied since I was in 1st grade. I'm in the same boat as ya!

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #2,317 of 4,655
SOMEBODY POST!!... Plus random audio discussion is up now with #2.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,319 of 4,655
Dude I have ADHD and I've been bullied since I was in 1st grade. I'm in the same boat as ya!

well i was also (being the shortest guy in the class) when i was in higghschool in a very bad way...until i replied in only way that dude understood...i punched him into hospital as i FORGOT to tell him i did kung fu for a while..oopsie...now he knew..u know the type: tall (2 heads taller) and thinking he is the best..well...not anymore...he didnt pick on smaller children anymore after that...his dad came talking to me very aggressively afterwards saying his son was a angel lolz....same type as his son...well..my dad was there too...a (short) man who worked with his hands all his life and had more power in them then most men i ever knew...so we all talked it out as adults...as it should be...

but when i read the news...people killing themselves because of bullies..unbelievable...and no one takes the right steps...punish the boulies in a severe way..no matter how young..they need to feel what they do to others...the hard way..as they wont learn from 'advisors' visiting them at home with their parents..as most of times the parents don't even think their children do anything wrong! so it wont help...noo...best way: pick them up and put them in cellar for a night..i can promise u they will think twice in doing it second time

..one dude tried it with the BFF (thats how a best friend is called right?)of my daughter the other day..unlucky for him my daughter has a very hard forehead and knows how to use it (as me) so she used his head as a football...and gave him a severe headache...lolz he wont be bothering them again..

dont get m wrong... i dont like violence..i hate it..but my sifu (kungfu master) always said: never start a fight..walk away..even if it looks like ur a coward..BUT when u cant back down...make sure they wont stand up again.

.i train my daughter at home..very playful...basic stuff...just enough to give her the means to help herself..

but i told her..if u start a fight..i will be very angry with her...as it should be...i see to much that parents of bullies getting angry when her sons/daughters getting what they deserve instead of giving their children what they need..a firm hand and punishment (no ps4 for 2 months! or no football for a month etc..or WORSE..NO BEATS ANYMORE!! but no beating, i hate child mistreatment also!)..

sorry..i just had to say this...when i read a girl or boy committed suicide it breaks my heart..and makes me angry also..as it could be avoided..as its always the same people doing that... but no one sees them as what they are...little cowardy criminals...and i think u should handle them accordingly... no matter if they are 13 or 20.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,320 of 4,655
I'm 15 and 6' 2"

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,321 of 4,655
that happened to this thread also..thats why this is version 2..as soon that kind of ugly debates start moderators kick in hard...

only way of converting people is letting them listen to it..WITH THE MUSIC THEY LIKE (and know) and on lossless material..as only then u have a chance.... good luck with it. :D

I agree, but try to play a song that they like that they havent heard in a while. Otherwise u may get 'its not that much of a difference'

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #2,322 of 4,655
Im 16 and 5'11 :3

Noone wants to listen to my amp except for my dad. Everyone gives me the 'i guess you have problems but i will play along look' when i ask if they want to hear the difference when played through my amp.

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #2,323 of 4,655
I agree, but try to play a song that they like that they havent heard in a while. Otherwise u may get 'its not that much of a difference'
... The reason being is because of the fact that most who aren't used to good sound can't tell the differences unless you point it out. They aren't used to actually having to listen and pay attention to their music.

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #2,324 of 4,655
well i was also (being the shortest guy in the class) when i was in higghschool in a very bad way...until i replied in only way that dude understood...i punched him into hospital as i FORGOT to tell him i did kung fu for a while..oopsie...now he knew..u know the type: tall (2 heads taller) and thinking he is the best..well...not anymore...he didnt pick on smaller children anymore after that...his dad came talking to me very aggressively afterwards saying his son was a angel lolz....same type as his son...well..my dad was there too...a (short) man who worked with his hands all his life and had more power in them then most men i ever knew...so we all talked it out as adults...as it should be...

but when i read the news...people killing themselves because of bullies..unbelievable...and no one takes the right steps...punish the boulies in a severe way..no matter how young..they need to feel what they do to others...the hard way..as they wont learn from 'advisors' visiting them at home with their parents..as most of times the parents don't even think their children do anything wrong! so it wont help...noo...best way: pick them up and put them in cellar for a night..i can promise u they will think twice in doing it second time

..one dude tried it with the BFF (thats how a best friend is called right?)of my daughter the other day..unlucky for him my daughter has a very hard forehead and knows how to use it (as me) so she used his head as a football...and gave him a severe headache...lolz he wont be bothering them again..

dont get m wrong... i dont like violence..i hate it..but my sifu (kungfu master) always said: never start a fight..walk away..even if it looks like ur a coward..BUT when u cant back down...make sure they wont stand up again.

.i train my daughter at home..very playful...basic stuff...just enough to give her the means to help herself..

but i told her..if u start a fight..i will be very angry with her...as it should be...i see to much that parents of bullies getting angry when her sons/daughters getting what they deserve instead of giving their children what they need..a firm hand and punishment (no ps4 for 2 months! or no football for a month etc..or WORSE..NO BEATS ANYMORE!! but no beating, i hate child mistreatment also!)..

sorry..i just had to say this...when i read a girl or boy committed suicide it breaks my heart..and makes me angry also..as it could be avoided..as its always the same people doing that... but no one sees them as what they are...little cowardy criminals...and i think u should handle them accordingly... no matter if they are 13 or 20.

Offtopic, but very well said, you did a very goob job :)

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,325 of 4,655
Im 16 and 5'11 :3

Noone wants to listen to my amp except for my dad. Everyone gives me the 'i guess you have problems but i will play along look' when i ask if they want to hear the difference when played through my amp.

I don't really ask anyone to listen to my amp unless they really ask me to. Enjoy your amp, dont worry about what people think. Most of the time they're not really judging you but even if they did who cares it's your life not there's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back