Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Nov 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #1,201 of 4,655
You kids are lucky, I only even got my first computer at around 14, and it promptly melted and I didn't manage to get another one until I was 16. I'm 18, and I'm trying to catch up for all my "lost years"!
redface.gif

(Wow, typing that makes me feel strangely old, haha).

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #1,202 of 4,655
You kids are lucky, I only even got my first computer at around 14, and it promptly melted and I didn't manage to get another one until I was 16. I'm 18, and I'm trying to catch up for all my "lost years"! :xf_eek:

(Wow, typing that makes me feel strangely old, haha).

Ermmm... I don't have my own computer yet... Perfectly fine with it as long as I am allowed to save all my music in this PC, I am happy! XD

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #1,203 of 4,655
I let my uncle listen to my signature dj's. I always prefer showing off nice stuff to him, as he always is 'that guy' who knows the best places to eat, best clothes brands, ect. He even came over with some awesome dark chocolat before i gave him a listen.

He had previously listened to some audiophile at his studio's headphones before, and those were the best he has heard before.

Anyways, he listened to them for about 10 minutes. He said they were awesome and that they sounded very deep. I was impressed by his knowledge of audiophile lingo.

And you got to go to a headphone meet???

I would go to one if i could. Too bad it costs more to go there then to buy some nice equipment, lol

Dec 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,204 of 4,655
Ermmm... I don't have my own computer yet... Perfectly fine with it as long as I am allowed to save all my music in this PC, I am happy! XD

It probably sounds kind of entitled out of context; I had no other access to computers (I grew up very poor until my teenage years). When I didn't have my own computer, I had nothing.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,206 of 4,655
I thought I was one of the young ones in here and I'm 24. Now I feel old as s***.
On the topic of the thread, I feel my fiance is getting little by little more accepting towards my new "hobby," even though she'll never admit she likes my headphones better.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #1,211 of 4,655
Dec 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #1,212 of 4,655
I made my girlfriend listen to every pair of headphones I ever got. They normally only sit on her head for a little under 30 seconds because she simply doesn't get it, or understand why I have such expensive headphones. BUT, when I had her listen to my D2000's the other day, she actually said, "Oh those sounds nice, and are pretty comfy." That's about the only positive thing I've gotten from her about headphones, but it's a step forward. Haha

And I'm 24, I kind of thought the community here was a little older than it is. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,213 of 4,655
  I made my girlfriend listen to every pair of headphones I ever got. They normally only sit on her head for a little under 30 seconds because she simply doesn't get it, or understand why I have such expensive headphones. BUT, when I had her listen to my D2000's the other day, she actually said, "Oh those sounds nice, and are pretty comfy." That's about the only positive thing I've gotten from her about headphones, but it's a step forward. Haha

And I'm 24, I kind of thought the community here was a little older than it is. 

LOL. Exactly the same here - my GF hated them all, apart from my D2000. Maybe it's a comfort thing?

Although, she loved my Westone 3 so much that I gifted them to her.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,214 of 4,655
Ha That's a lot like my situation too. My girlfriend loved my Bose IE2's, I used those before I really got into the Audiophile scene. I gave them to her after I got my DT770's and she still loves them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back