Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #331 of 4,655
My brother bought the Sennheiser HD598's by his own will after I introduced him to the HD558's, frankly I'm pretty happy that he's not getting crappy sound anymore as he is a heavy classical listener.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #332 of 4,655
Quote:
My brother bought the Sennheiser HD598's by his own will after I introduced him to the HD558's, frankly I'm pretty happy that he's not getting crappy sound anymore as he is a heavy classical listener.

Nice, so did you do a comparison between your pair and his pair?

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #333 of 4,655
My girlfriend always nags me why I keep on looking for headphones on the internet. I explained to her many times the importance of good headphones. One day, I bought her Ety HF3, she never picked up her bose ie2 ever again. She said, bose engineers are deaf. Dumbfounded me. Lol

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #334 of 4,655
My roommate who is a Beats fanatic (3 pairs) walked into the room when I was editing some video while listening to my hd595's. He was like "let me try these headphones out" so I handed them over and cued up one of his favorite bands. He listened for about 10 seconds and then was like "this is really clear!" from that day he has not said a word more about headphones to me. Maybe because he knows if he listens again his Beats will start to seem like a bad investment :p

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #335 of 4,655
My brothers girlfriend says to me today, "Hey I heard that song on Pandora today, what was it, Oh yeah Sail. It wasn't even the same, I didn't even want to listen to it it was so disapointing" 
She has listened to that song, Sail by Awolnation, from my turntable through my Schiit stack Gungnir/Lyr and my HD650's. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #337 of 4,655
Quote:
My brothers girlfriend says to me today, "Hey I heard that song on Pandora today, what was it, Oh yeah Sail. It wasn't even the same, I didn't even want to listen to it it was so disapointing" 
She has listened to that song, Sail by Awolnation, from my turntable through my Schiit stack Gungnir/Lyr and my HD650's. 

That is actually a very well-produced album, especially considering it was released by the energy drink company Red Bull. I went out and bought a bunch of crossover pop/indie/electronic stuff recently just to be able to claim with sincerity that I've heard it (Gotye, AWOLNATION, Imagine Dragons, etc.), and Megalithic Symphony was tied with Making Mirrors for the best-sounding release of the bunch.

Night Visions was incredibly disappointing, though, at least in CD format.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #338 of 4,655
Nice, so did you do a comparison between your pair and his pair?

Yeah I have.

The 598 sounds like an improved 558 (modded). Mids & treble are more detailed with the 598 than the 558 and sound-stage seems to be more airy. Bass also seemed to be a bit more tight on the 598 compared to the 558. Well worth the price in my opinion. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #339 of 4,655
That is actually a very well-produced album, especially considering it was released by the energy drink company Red Bull. I went out and bought a bunch of crossover pop/indie/electronic stuff recently just to be able to claim with sincerity that I've heard it (Gotye, AWOLNATION, Imagine Dragons, etc.), and Megalithic Symphony was tied with Making Mirrors for the best-sounding release of the bunch.

Night Visions was incredibly disappointing, though, at least in CD format.

Definitely agree with you. Night Visions is incredibly brickwalled.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #340 of 4,655
Quote:
Definitely agree with you. Night Visions is incredibly brickwalled.

It's really a shame, too; the music could be incredibly potent if it was given a good remaster.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #345 of 4,655

Users who are viewing this thread

Back