Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 2, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #2,881 of 4,655
A couple days ago my sister was able to convince my mother to want to buy the Xiaomi Pistons that we both had. Before that my mother used all sorts of crappy earbuds until she settled on my sister's EarPods, which she said had good bass. Hopefully she'll go through with the purchase.

Still, the EarPods aren't that bad; in fact, they actually sound pretty good compared to the old earbuds.

May 2, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #2,882 of 4,655
  Okay, now back on-topic: A couple days ago my sister was able to convince my mother to want to buy the Xiaomi Pistons that we both had. Before that my mother used all sorts of crappy earbuds until she settled on my sister's EarPods, which she said had good bass. Hopefully she'll go through with the purchase.

Still, the EarPods aren't that bad; in fact, they actually sound pretty good compared to the old earbuds.

The xiaomi pistons are indeed an excellent pair of IEMs. I managed to convince my friend to recommend them to his brother who was tired of the crappy sound quality of his apple earbuds. May the piston revolution begin!

May 2, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #2,883 of 4,655
  The xiaomi pistons are indeed an excellent pair of IEMs. I managed to convince my friend to recommend them to his brother who was tired of the crappy sound quality of his apple earbuds. May the piston revolution begin!

I believe you're pretty late to the part, then; the Pistons hype train left the station at least a month ago.

May 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2,885 of 4,655
Well one of the guys who sits at my table at lunch looked at my TF10s for a solid few seconds when I had set them down. He really liked the cable.

I mean, it's a reaction thread. Says nothing about sound >.>

May 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,886 of 4,655
I find it funny that many thread with dischorddubstep's post in it often ends up in an argument, and it seems that there aren't very many people here that likes him (some have even gone as far as blocking him).

Indeed. Very divisive posts. But given his age I always think "well I was young and wild too" especially when your hormones go into overdrive and you become a man, well, we have all been there. But I agree, very opinionated (though he claims otherwise) without own experience to back it up. Anyhow, he will mellow down over time. :rolleyes: I hope. I mean he raked up nearly a thousand posts and he only joined 3 months back or so...
well, I've mellowed a little bit. Whenever I first join a forum, I always am stupid, then get into a better frame of mind. At least I'm willing to admit this! And to everyone, restatement: I'm not biased by brand, only by what sound I'VE experienced. Sorry. I'm stupid like that at points. I thought that most manufacturers try to keep the sound on their headphones at least similar so people keep wanting to upgrade. Apparently not so with sennheiser according to you all. Again, sorry. Guess I'll check out their other lines.

May 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #2,887 of 4,655
well, I've mellowed a little bit. Whenever I first join a forum, I always am stupid, then get into a better frame of mind. At least I'm willing to admit this! And to everyone, restatement: I'm not biased by brand, only by what sound I'VE experienced. Sorry. I'm stupid like that at points. I thought that most manufacturers try to keep the sound on their headphones at least similar so people keep wanting to upgrade. Apparently not so with sennheiser according to you all. Again, sorry. Guess I'll check out their other lines.

Fair enough, hope to see many upcoming discussions :)

Cheers,
K

May 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #2,889 of 4,655
That is the weird thing with Sennheiser. If a friend of mine likes my T1 but don't want pay the price, I can almost recommend them any cheaper Beyerdynamic alternatives in a heartbeat considering they would still have that "house sound" (Grado is the best example of a brand with adamant house sound).

Sennheiser never seem to be adamant with any particular sound signature, HD800 sounds absolutely different from their previous dynamic flagship, HD600 (or HD580 that is). But if you look at it from another way, it shows that they are not afraid of "starting from scratch".

I am not a Senn fanboy, nor am I a fanboy of any headphone brand actually. But the HD800 certainly makes me rethink of my view to Sennheiser. And that last line actually puts my post here on topic, because when I was not an audiophile, I don't see Senn to be a top brand.

May 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,890 of 4,655
That is the weird thing with Sennheiser. If a friend of mine likes my T1 but don't want pay the price, I can almost recommend them any cheaper Beyerdynamic alternatives in a heartbeat considering they would still have that "house sound" (Grado is the best example of a brand with adamant house sound)

What exactly is house sound?

May 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #2,891 of 4,655
May 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2,894 of 4,655
What exactly is house sound?

Good question. Especially if you ask about Sennheiser.

Compare Momentum, Amperior, HD25-1 II, HD 598, all headphones I own, and they are all so different in a blind test you would never think they are from the same company.

So am not sure that the usual: forward mids = Sennheiser, super treble = beyerdynamic actually holds true.

Cheers,
K

May 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,895 of 4,655
Does akg have a house sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back