Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,966 of 4,655
I have the Lumia 925 because freaking t-mobile doesn't have the 1020, 1320, 1520, or the icon... Its still a nice phone... And an advantage is that its made of aluminum, and its screen is polarized, and has a brighter screen than the other lumias.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #1,967 of 4,655
And oppo looks ok, but its not exactly a powerhouse of specs. Look at the google nexus 5, and look at its specs... That phone with a quad core 2.3 GHz processor, and 2 GB of ram, with a 1080p 5 inch screen, came out in October 2013 for 450$. Just think what the nexus 6 is going to have. 90% most likely better specs than the oppo for much cheaper. The nexus's run vanilla android, meaning its stock android os. It has no added crap like beats audio.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,969 of 4,655
Oh come on. This is the catch-all thread. Expecting it to stay on topic is silly. Hell the topic itself is silly and arrogant (like I've said before). The diversions and tangents make it fun.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,971 of 4,655
And oppo looks ok, but its not exactly a powerhouse of specs. Look at the google nexus 5, and look at its specs... That phone with a quad core 2.3 GHz processor, and 2 GB of ram, with a 1080p 5 inch screen, came out in October 2013 for 450$. Just think what the nexus 6 is going to have. 90% most likely better specs than the oppo for much cheaper. The nexus's run vanilla android, meaning its stock android os. It has no added crap like beats audio.

Better then These specs? Lolz..then let the battle begin..as LG is also coming out with a new powerhouse I read somewhere. I for sure won't get the S5 as the resolution lags behind of the best ones soon available.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/OPPO-Find-7_id8351
But we better get back on track or else we get smacked by the others :D

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #1,972 of 4,655
It's okay, let's just rename the thread to "audiophile reactions to phones".

LOL...  This did make me laugh... 

______

It's funny how everyone seems to think that hardware is this black and white and it's all a numbers game...  Actually, it is a numbers game, they're looking at the wrong numbers; and it's not black and white XD

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #1,974 of 4,655
Just look at the Nokia 808. The Symbian operating system was smooth. That OS could do with one one core what an android can do with two.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,975 of 4,655
For me, how much I have to enjoy each pair of headphones is based not on time or dollars spent, but number of beats and measures that have gone by. So for headphones I like, I listen to really, really slow songs. And ones I don't like, it's blast-beat death/thrash all the way. Which is too bad, because I prefer fast music.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,976 of 4,655
  For me, how much I have to enjoy each pair of headphones is based not on time or dollars spent, but number of beats and measures that have gone by. So for headphones I like, I listen to really, really slow songs. And ones I don't like, it's blast-beat death/thrash all the way. Which is too bad, because I prefer fast music.

I have no idea what this means, haha. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,977 of 4,655
Guys, I've got some great news!!! So today, my girlfriend was over and I made her try my rig (HE-500, Audio-GD NFB 10 33, HPL OCC Balanced cable) and I let her play a few songs of her choice (mostly mainstream). She closed her eyes in bliss and started singing along. And then I tried playing some Savant - Bada Bing and she loved it! I talked to her about it afterwards and she said "they're realllly clear and it seemed like it was live!!" She also said she totally gets why I would spend over $1,000 on the setup. She also said that if she had that setup, she'd never take the headphones off. Here's the setup in question: http://imgur.com/a/s0rvc Do you guys think she's a keeper? :D

yes because savant.
yes

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,978 of 4,655
I have no idea what this means, haha. 

Just a dumb joke about how not to waste money.

Like, if you were going by how many measures you listened to, instead of time (or like the one person said, wearing an item of clothing at least once for every dollar spent), then you'd reach x-many measures faster on songs with higher bpm's. So if you really enjoyed a pair of headphones, you'd want to listen only to slow music, so as to prolong the time you had with them. And with crappy headphones, you'd want to listen to fast music to get the x-many required measures over with quickly, so you could get rid of the headphones without feeling guilty for not having used them. But then if you actually preferred fast music generally, like blast-beat metal, you'd be screwed because your x-many measures would always be over so quickly. Ha ha ha... Get it?

OK, so it's a really dumb joke about how not to waste your money...

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,979 of 4,655
Just a dumb joke about how not to waste money.

Like, if you were going by how many measures you listened to, instead of time (or like the one person said, wearing an item of clothing at least once for every dollar spent), then you'd reach x-many measures faster on songs with higher bpm's. So if you really enjoyed a pair of headphones, you'd want to listen only to slow music, so as to prolong the time you had with them. And with crappy headphones, you'd want to listen to fast music to get the x-many required measures over with quickly, so you could get rid of the headphones without feeling guilty for not having used them. But then if you actually preferred fast music generally, like blast-beat metal, you'd be screwed because your x-many measures would always be over so quickly. Ha ha ha... Get it?

OK, so it's a really dumb joke about how not to waste your money...

:eek: nope, didnt get it. This thread is getting weird :p

where are the good old times when people talked very simply about using and abusing their huge (high end) phones and about others saying ur nuts for having their huge premium phone on ur head instead of the 'sexy' B. Headphones.

.those were the days... :gs1000smile:

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,980 of 4,655
I swear whenever I hand mine over to people they go "wow that sounds awesome, haha I'm good with my $10 ones I got from Best Buy though." Never particularly interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back