Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 21, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #35,926 of 36,066
Speaking of battery cycles, does anyone know what the average lifespan or charge cycle spec for the Prestige or TWS are?

Added Spartacus to my signature today. Not often do I listen to an Iem that I instantly click with. That “x” factor of engaging sound, tuning and technicality. Happy days!

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #35,929 of 36,066
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #35,930 of 36,066
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #35,933 of 36,066
Still loving my Noble DX2. Plays well with my Shanling M6U. Great sound at affordable price. Cheers
Not many reviews of this pair. Would you mind telling us more? I loved its appearance at first sight, though I'm not a fan of resin/acrylic/3D-printing housings

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #35,934 of 36,066
Not many reviews of this pair. Would you mind telling us more? I loved its appearance at first sight, though I'm not a fan of resin/acrylic/3D-printing housings
Oh boy. I’ve stopped listening critically to my iems for a long time now so my vocabulary isn’t there anymore, not that it was anything special to begin with.
Just the usual, uninformative description—balanced, forward, very good extension top to bottom, dynamic, cohesive, fits easily. I use medium gain with dx2.
DDs can have a texture that identifies them as such, usually a grain or something. This doesn’t. Just cohesive across the spectrum.
Sub bass too. Most of my music is light on sub bass, eg Jazz, but I hear/feel it when it’s there.
Using PW after market cable on it. Wish 4.4 was a stock option because it is a nice cable.
Bloom has DX2 on sale at discount occasionally. Definitely worth a try.
Finally, been listening to my Dunu EST112 (?) more recently. Well, slapped on DX2 yesterday and was like, this is what 112 would sound like if everything sounded just exactly right.

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #35,935 of 36,066
Just got my Noble Ronin today. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the best fit with these? Very large IEMs lol.

I'd also love any tip suggestions :)

They sound phenomenal!

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #35,936 of 36,066
Just got my Noble Ronin today. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the best fit with these? Very large IEMs lol.

They sound phenomenal!
Try using a tip that sticks out a little so you don’t have to rely on the shell in your ear as much .. sometimes it takes like a week or 2 to get used to the fit

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #35,937 of 36,066

They sound phenomenal!
Eletech Baroque tips work very well with Ronins.

Update: ...as do the Divinus Velvet tips (both relatively short). I prefer the sound of the Baroques, though. For more inspiration, search for "stem length: short" on this page https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #35,938 of 36,066
^ Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I'll try both options and report back :)

I have a nagging feeling that Ronin is going to need a special chain for perfect synergy. Right now I'm just playing with it on a couple different dongles. Listening with a Questyle M15 currently. What does everyone use to get the most out of theirs?

This seems like an IEM that will scale quite well, could be wrong though.

Looking at an A&K SP3000T, damn lol.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #35,939 of 36,066
^ Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I'll try both options and report back :)

I have a nagging feeling that Ronin is going to need a special chain for perfect synergy. Right now I'm just playing with it on a couple different dongles. Listening with a Questyle M15 currently. What does everyone use to get the most out of theirs?

This seems like an IEM that will scale quite well, could be wrong though.

Looking at an A&K SP3000T, damn lol.
That’s a solid choice! Very expensive but amazing sound quality.. if you want a smoother lusher sound maybe go with Sony !

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #35,940 of 36,066
That’s a solid choice! Very expensive but amazing sound quality.. if you want a smoother lusher sound maybe go with Sony !
A Sony DAP? Any specific one you'd recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back