Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #34,801 of 36,065
Ragnar is dry sounding, little v-shaped, high resolving if not the most resolving king with focus on upper mids/treble while Ronin is warmer on mids, smoother on treble, with absolutely best bass i ever heard in an IEM, Ronin is tuned to be natural and non-fatigue while Ragnar is tuned to be engaged, dynamic with focus on realism(in terms of stage and separation of instrument)
Stop please!😂
Ronin would match with one of my daps for sure!😅

Apr 1, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #34,802 of 36,065
Apr 1, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #34,804 of 36,065
Thanks for all the great suggestions! Looks like the test list should include the n8-ii, N7 and RS8. Maybe I can hit CAMJAM Chicago in June and test some of those out.

Apr 2, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #34,808 of 36,065
These Ronin's sound like winners 🏆

Apr 2, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #34,809 of 36,065
I like Azla Max and spiraldot++ with the Ronin.
Azla Max are my current favourites too! Comfort is superb, don't seem to lose any bass response with slightly wider stage. I've also tried them with Final Type E and it toned down the piece a little so for those who think it's a touch bright then look no further (though for me it lost the magic/sparkle). The Spinfit CP100's feel like a wide stage as well, bit more sparkle up top but I lost some of the bass response so I don't prefer that.

The only one I'm still looking to try (if I can find it for a good price) is the Spinfit W1's. Heard it might be good but I hate the fact that I have to buy a pack with two sizes I'll never use. The stock silicone tips sound good too but the fit is a bit wonky for me (can't wear them for long).

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #34,810 of 36,065
Enjoy your time back in the US, great chatting and thanks for the service on my busted 4C. Still don't know what happened to it but it's being taken care of!

Looks like they were not properly "keyed" (lightly sanded) before the laquer was applied. I guess that is the problem as the laquer appears to be peeling in some areas.

(3rd party laquer job)

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 3, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #34,811 of 36,065
People took some pictures of FoKus Prestige at the CanJam Singapore 🤩

I wonder if Noble is planning to release such exclusive IEMs any time soon?

Is it basically the same model as Mystique in terms of hardware, software and tuning?

Hopefully we can have some insight on this 🙂

IMG_20230403_114445_503.jpg

Apr 4, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #34,812 of 36,065
I've been listening to the Ragnar a ton these days and started experimenting with some other cables. I swapped out the stock cable that came with my Empire Ears Legend Evo. Its a decent copper cable and found it had great synergy with the Ragnar. The Ragnar still had great separation and detail and it gained a tiny bit more on the low end while mellowing out the high's just a bit. It's my new go-to for rock music, metal, 80's pop and the like. :metal:

All this convinced me to pick up an EA Code 23 cable from MusicTech. Can't wait for it to get here! :)

Apr 5, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #34,813 of 36,065
I've been listening to the Ragnar a ton these days and started experimenting with some other cables. I swapped out the stock cable that came with my Empire Ears Legend Evo. Its a decent copper cable and found it had great synergy with the Ragnar. The Ragnar still had great separation and detail and it gained a tiny bit more on the low end while mellowing out the high's just a bit. It's my new go-to for rock music, metal, 80's pop and the like. :metal:

All this convinced me to pick up an EA Code 23 cable from MusicTech. Can't wait for it to get here! :)
I agree, i also like Ragnar with a decent copper cabel more.

Apr 5, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #34,814 of 36,065
I said this in the Watercooler thread, but I'll repeat it here -- I really can't express how good Ragnar/Orpheus and Ronin/Yatono 8w sound. No disrespect for the stock cables, as Noble does a great job with cables vs. other manufacturers, but Orpheus & Yatono are really a step-change improvement.

It's a little funny because the cables bring them a little closer to each other; the Orpheus warms up the Ragnar, and the Yatono makes the Ronin just a little less warm. It makes them sound more like the brothers that they are. And with those cables, each of them becomes the perfect reference set, with amazing detail and soundstage, and the perfect tuning -- though each with a very different presentation (extra-wide, airy, super transparent layering with the Ragnar; and a more conventional, warmer tuning with the Ronin).

I'm debating whether I really need to keep both, though it's hard to pick. Ragnar/Orpheus perhaps provides more jaw-dropping moments, but Ronin/Yatono just sounds right with everything I listen to.

Apr 5, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #34,815 of 36,065
I said this in the Watercooler thread, but I'll repeat it here -- I really can't express how good Ragnar/Orpheus and Ronin/Yatono 8w sound. No disrespect for the stock cables, as Noble does a great job with cables vs. other manufacturers, but Orpheus & Yatono are really a step-change improvement.

It's a little funny because the cables bring them a little closer to each other; the Orpheus warms up the Ragnar, and the Yatono makes the Ronin just a little less warm. It makes them sound more like the brothers that they are. And with those cables, each of them becomes the perfect reference set, with amazing detail and soundstage, and the perfect tuning -- though each with a very different presentation (extra-wide, airy, super transparent layering with the Ragnar; and a more conventional, warmer tuning with the Ronin).

I'm debating whether I really need to keep both, though it's hard to pick. Ragnar/Orpheus perhaps provides more jaw-dropping moments, but Ronin/Yatono just sounds right with everything I listen to.
Have you tried Ronin with Chiron by any chance? Shouldn't be too different but it may add just slightly to the timbre in the mids while having a very similar effect for bass and treble compared to Yatono.

drftr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back