Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 10, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #32,326 of 36,040
I use my khans when I travel for work or bedtime listening. Other than that it is speakers or headphones for the most part. The great thing with the Khan is that it gets me close to my Abyss setup sound wise. Thought the SP1000 is not in the ballpark of the Bartok in my main system. The Khan does sound incredible in my main system with the Cavalli and Bartok though.

Just need to get subs and then my Magicos will keep up with the Abyss in the bass department.

20200403_171955.jpg
20200510_124925.jpg

And this is my 2 channel system.
Haven't clean up properly yet.

May 10, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #32,327 of 36,040
May 10, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #32,328 of 36,040
I use my khans when I travel for work or bedtime listening. Other than that it is speakers or headphones for the most part. The great thing with the Khan is that it gets me close to my Abyss setup sound wise. Thought the SP1000 is not in the ballpark of the Bartok in my main system. The Khan does sound incredible in my main system with the Cavalli and Bartok though.

Just need to get subs and then my Magicos will keep up with the Abyss in the bass department.

20200403_171955.jpg
Nice setup. Which Magicos are you using? I am also curious as to what you compared the Bartok to before you chose it. I have thought about it but.......

May 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #32,330 of 36,040
Nice setup. Which Magicos are you using? I am also curious as to what you compared the Bartok to before you chose it. I have thought about it but.......

I have a pair of S1MKII. I really like them just need to add subs for the lowest octave.

I used to own a TT2 with the mscaler and an auralic Aries g2. I thought that the Aries made more of an improvement than the mscaler. I also auditioned the Dave too. I like the dave more without the mscaler too. In the end the Bartok is more natural and less sharp imo. It also presents a bigger and deeper soundstage with imaging that is more realistic. The instruments naturally decay in the soundstage instead of sounding like they are only located in point in space. The Bartok sounds more like live music to me. An added benefit is that the Bartok has a built in streamer that is a roon endpoint and it is a full mqa decoder. This allowed me to go to one box.

I did try my friends fully upgraded MSB Premire but it is too expensive for me right now. I think fully loaded it is around $36k USD. It did sound damn incredible though.

May 10, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #32,331 of 36,040
I have a pair of S1MKII. I really like them just need to add subs for the lowest octave.

I used to own a TT2 with the mscaler and an auralic Aries g2. I thought that the Aries made more of an improvement than the mscaler. I also auditioned the Dave too. I like the dave more without the mscaler too. In the end the Bartok is more natural and less sharp imo. It also presents a bigger and deeper soundstage with imaging that is more realistic. The instruments naturally decay in the soundstage instead of sounding like they are only located in point in space. The Bartok sounds more like live music to me. An added benefit is that the Bartok has a built in streamer that is a roon endpoint and it is a full mqa decoder. This allowed me to go to one box.

I did try my friends fully upgraded MSB Premire but it is too expensive for me right now. I think fully loaded it is around $36k USD. It did sound damn incredible though.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Do you use the Bartok with your IEM’s as well? Tks.

May 10, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #32,332 of 36,040
Also nice. Do you have 2 systems in the same room? I see the two separate racks and turntables. Tks.
Thank you.
Yes. 2 different systems.
One is for personal reference ideally for hp, sipping cognac and whiskey along with the mood of day or night.
The other system was built years earlier than hp system where my wife and I enjoy together with vinyl.
TT for hp has it's own phono preamp built-in, not as good sounding with separate phono preamp from my 2 channel system.

May 10, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #32,334 of 36,040
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Do you use the Bartok with your IEM’s as well? Tks.

I can but don't as I have a Bartok without the headphone amp. I can use them with an external amp but the two I have are way too powerful I have a XIAUDIO Formula S and liquid platinum. When I did try them like this it sounded pretty damn good.

I use the Khan with my sp1000 and if I want to have tube flavor I add the ALO CV5 to the sp1000. This is still a great setup and for iems is more than good enough for me. I use the Khan when I go to sleep mostly. I bought the Khan before I got the abyss. I only had the lcd x, clears and lcd 4z. The abyss prompted me to sell the audeze cans though they just can't compare imo. The khan also made me sell my JH Roxannes and Campfire Solaris.

May 10, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #32,335 of 36,040
I can but don't as I have a Bartok without the headphone amp. I can use them with an external amp but the two I have are way too powerful I have a XIAUDIO Formula S and liquid platinum. When I did try them like this it sounded pretty damn good.

I use the Khan with my sp1000 and if I want to have tube flavor I add the ALO CV5 to the sp1000. This is still a great setup and for iems is more than good enough for me. I use the Khan when I go to sleep mostly. I bought the Khan before I got the abyss. I only had the lcd x, clears and lcd 4z. The abyss prompted me to sell the audeze cans though they just can't compare imo. The khan also made me sell my JH Roxannes and Campfire Solaris.
Nice. Barton is just too expensive for me.
My hp system built up from couple years of saving. One item at a time.
In the end, I just love tube amp, pa, phono PA, DAC, hp tube amp.
I can change the sound flavors depending on tube rolling.

Mine is Khan, CV5, N9, AQ Cobalt or
Khan, CDM, Sony 1Z or
Now, new Mojo, N9, Khan
Both CDM and CV5 use 6832 tubes.
Have other tube brands to try as well depending on mood.

May 11, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #32,336 of 36,040
Forgot one more thing. There also two Rel S5 subs behind the 3.7i Magnepan.
Thanks for the description. I always liked the Maggie’s. My first “high end” speakers were Maggies (2.5i I think?). I always loved them. The 3.7’s must really be nice with the subs, though I never felt they were bass light. Enjoy!

May 12, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #32,339 of 36,040

Users who are viewing this thread

Back