Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 1, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #32,296 of 36,066
The prestige offerings are some of my favorite IEM designs ever. I've honestly been heavily tempted to blind buy a custom one because of how unique they are. I have heard the Khan can be a bit hot on the treble, but I've also heard the customs tune that down a little. I'm not strictly a FR graph guy, but I like how it looks. I'm a bit bummed I don't have a chance to demo Noble IEMs.

May 1, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #32,297 of 36,066
downloadfile-1.gif

Manufacturers have essentially agreed to use one style of sockets (.78mm +/- a microscopic fraction)

Trouble is, what is that fraction and which supplier can stay within that fraction?

Some supliers are really "middle men" that subcontract out orders from small cable factories that dot the globe, so it isnt uncommon to get all types of results from one supplier.

That said, the Sultan's housing isn"t built like that, we work directly with the CNC company and have been at the factory as they are being ground out.

The Prestige products are ground out in house as we own the machine that does that work.
So we should buy the prestige versions? That will eliminate any cable issue? Hmmm. They do look the best.

May 1, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #32,298 of 36,066
So we should buy the prestige versions? That will eliminate any cable issue? Hmmm. They do look the best.

Prestige products....

down low.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 2, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #32,299 of 36,066
Regarding recessed sockets.

Unfortunately it takes much more space inside than what you think.
It's not just ~3mm of the recessed part. It has more volume all around and also has the added part of the pins on the back so it means that it requires more height as well as more volume inside the shell all around.

This is really tricky especially when you need internal volume for components that are rather big, rigid and also need their correct distance to the nozzle. There is a possibility to take into account some of the added length and trying to place it more "forward/protruding outside" while building part of the shell around it. This is more feasible for universal though. it will still make the iem much bigger if there is not enough space available inside for it. For customs every case is different and usually much more constrained.

TLDR: it takes a lot of space, much more than what it seems.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #32,300 of 36,066
The prestige offerings are some of my favorite IEM designs ever. I've honestly been heavily tempted to blind buy a custom one because of how unique they are. I have heard the Khan can be a bit hot on the treble, but I've also heard the customs tune that down a little. I'm not strictly a FR graph guy, but I like how it looks. I'm a bit bummed I don't have a chance to demo Noble IEMs.

well ,if you are gonna spend 3K on an iem there is A18s that just came out , costs the same as Khan and seems to be a 'better' iem (at least that's the idea i get judging from this comparison here...)

=====================================================================================

When comparing the Khan and the A18s, there are clear differences between them. The Khan for example puts out a thicker and fuller low-end, while the A18s is faster and more precise. The 64 Audio puts more resolution into the bass. The Khan does extend a bit further into sub-bass and to me it puts more grunt out there as well. The Khan’s bass is a touch more realistic in terms of physical body.

The A18s has a warmer mid-range and sounds fuller here. Its instruments are more organic and natural to my ears. The Khan sounds thinner and lighter. The A18s has better precision and transparency in the mids to me too.

One of the most conflicting areas for the Khan is its treble. It sounds more splashy and harsher than the A18s, which is softer and easier on the ear. The Khan can become even metallic in its timbre, which is something the A18s certainly isn’t. The A18s has better extension into highs, but puts them at a more moderate level. The Khan produces more energy and air.

The A18s definitely outshines the Khan in terms of sound stage dimensions. It goes wider and slightly deeper. It also has better layering and resolution. The A18s portrays finer details with more ease than the Khan as wel
l. Both have very good imaging capabilities, but the A18s separates instruments sharper and puts them on a quieter and darker background to me as wel. Overall I’d say, that the A18s has a cleaner sound than the Khan.

====================================================================================================

https://www.headfonia.com/64-audio-a18s-review/4/

May 4, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #32,303 of 36,066
well ,if you are gonna spend 3K on an iem there is A18s that just came out , costs the same as Khan and seems to be a 'better' iem (at least that's the idea i get judging from this comparison here...)

=====================================================================================

When comparing the Khan and the A18s, there are clear differences between them. The Khan for example puts out a thicker and fuller low-end, while the A18s is faster and more precise. The 64 Audio puts more resolution into the bass. The Khan does extend a bit further into sub-bass and to me it puts more grunt out there as well. The Khan’s bass is a touch more realistic in terms of physical body.

The A18s has a warmer mid-range and sounds fuller here. Its instruments are more organic and natural to my ears. The Khan sounds thinner and lighter. The A18s has better precision and transparency in the mids to me too.

One of the most conflicting areas for the Khan is its treble. It sounds more splashy and harsher than the A18s, which is softer and easier on the ear. The Khan can become even metallic in its timbre, which is something the A18s certainly isn’t. The A18s has better extension into highs, but puts them at a more moderate level. The Khan produces more energy and air.

The A18s definitely outshines the Khan in terms of sound stage dimensions. It goes wider and slightly deeper. It also has better layering and resolution. The A18s portrays finer details with more ease than the Khan as wel
l. Both have very good imaging capabilities, but the A18s separates instruments sharper and puts them on a quieter and darker background to me as wel. Overall I’d say, that the A18s has a cleaner sound than the Khan.

====================================================================================================

sorry but that is not my experience at all that khan is harsh or has splashy treble totally not true, what a joke to say khan has a metallic timbre , and khan bests all 64audio iems from forte to u18t and tia trio.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #32,304 of 36,066
sorry but that is not my experience at all that khan is harsh or has splashy treble totally not true, what a joke to say khan has a metallic timbre , and khan bests all 64audio iems from forte to u18t and ti trio.
Well, I don’t know about that. The Khan is certainly not metallic. But not sure I would say it is better than all of 64 Audio. When I had it, there were times my Fourte outperformed it. Let’s see what the Sultan has to say as well.

May 4, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #32,305 of 36,066
sorry but that is not my experience at all that khan is harsh or has splashy treble totally not true, what a joke to say khan has a metallic timbre , and khan bests all 64audio iems from forte to u18t and tia trio.
I have only had Khan for about a week. I am comparing it to 7 other non slouches I currently possess. I am highly impressed with its detail, with its bass presence and of course the treble. All is very exact but fun at the same time. It is forward but also warm. Very unique combo of forward and warm.

May 4, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #32,306 of 36,066

I am confused about this post. Is this based on your experience listening to all these IEMs over a period of time. I could quote a lot of other random people but that would not make sense nor contribute to the discussion. I have an affinity to numerous IEM companies based on my extensive experiences with them and their IEMs. To name a few; Noble Audio, Campfire Audio, Empire Ears, Rhapsodio, Earsonics. I have experienced their IEMs in depth and love things about numerous of each of their items. They each have TOTL IEMs with different signatures with different strengths and weaknesses. I could talk about in depth the strengths and weaknesses of for example EE Legend X and Noble Audio Katana. They are both TOTL IEMs but I could not objectively say one is better than the other. Then I would be talking about my subjective preferences and hopefully those subjective preferences are based on my stated likes and dislikes and based on my extensive experience with each IEM.

That is the end of my confusion.

May 5, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #32,307 of 36,066
I have only had Khan for about a week. I am comparing it to 7 other non slouches I currently possess. I am highly impressed with its detail, with its bass presence and of course the treble. All is very exact but fun at the same time. It is forward but also warm. Very unique combo of forward and warm.
totally agree, and that some say it has splashy treble or metallic timbre is just way way way not true. For me the khan has the best signature and timbre I heard in an iem period. I buy my own things from my own money and I do not sugar coat anyone or try to please any company, and if the khan had any of those mentioned issues I would be the first to voice those imperfections out

Thanks Noble for this great Khan you made

May 5, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #32,308 of 36,066
totally agree, and that some say it has splashy treble or metallic timbre is just way way way not true. For me the khan has the best signature and timbre I heard in an iem period. I buy my own things from my own money and I do not sugar coat anyone or try to please any company, and if the khan had any of those mentioned issues I would be the first to voice those imperfections out

Thanks Noble for this great Khan you made

How is khans treble compared to k10 encore cuz the treble in encore was just brutal murder, totally unlistenable for more than 5 min.

May 5, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #32,309 of 36,066
How is khans treble compared to k10 encore cuz the treble in encore was just brutal murder, totally unlistenable for more than 5 min.

I have the encore brass limited edition and it does not have an issue with treble, as for khan it has one of the best detailed trebles I heard and its far from being harsh

May 5, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #32,310 of 36,066
The Khan has more treble than anything and everything I've heard. For some it's harsh, for others it isn't, but in terms of sheer quantity it's crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back