Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 4, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #32,056 of 36,066
Running things old school here... Original Savant, the Noble bluetooth receiver, the BTS and my iphone... Who needs fancy codecs when you have Noble's tuning.
Really enjoying this set up at work.

I need to track one down so I can literally try out our "history."

I love high res BT receivers in general, so practical!

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #32,057 of 36,066
Not sure about your genre preference but:

I love pretty much anything music wise. Country is the only thing I really don't listen to.

I do have my favorites, being alternative (rock, indie, etc. - all the above), film scores, and edm.

Looking forward to jamming out to your recs!

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #32,058 of 36,066
Been rocking some bass lately with my K10U. You want some bass, give these tracks a listen.

Thanks dude!!! How are you and your love affair with the Savant II going as well?

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #32,059 of 36,066
Thanks dude!!! How are you and your love affair with the Savant II going as well?
You are most welcome! Oh yes, my love affair with my Savant II continues. Between my K10U and Savant II, I am left wanting nothing.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #32,060 of 36,066
Speaking of my K10U, I just got an iBasso DX 160 to pair with them. I am really liking what I am hearing so far. :ksc75smile:

20200304_120041.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #32,061 of 36,066
I traded my K10U for a pair of Katana custom which I've had reshelled.
I'm happy with the fit of the reshell, but the Katana seems to be very, very bass-light, which I wouldn't have expected given the FR curves. However, I know those don't tell the whole story, so has anyone else had experience of comparing the Katana and K10 and seen the same?

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #32,062 of 36,066
You are most welcome! Oh yes, my love affair with my Savant II continues. Between my K10U and Savant II, I am left wanting nothing.

The Wizard version is on sale here for right around 500 bucks. Is that a reasonable deal?

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #32,063 of 36,066
IMG_7458.jpg

Now we know what the special delivery is! Say hello to my M3.​

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #32,064 of 36,066
Mar 4, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #32,065 of 36,066
IMG_7491.jpg

Here's another! You can see me in the refection!
This unit isn't a Wizard variant, I think this is the standard faceplate. @FullCircle can you confirm? There's a chance our U.S. distributors all get different stuff, because this faceplate is different that the demo I tried at Canjam. This looks like the special Savant "meteorite" faceplate that was developed specially for our Singaporean distributor.

Either way, love it and am very happy with I got. Personal sound impressions to come later!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #32,066 of 36,066
IMG_7491.jpg
Here's another! You can see me in the refection!
This unit isn't a Wizard variant, I think this is the standard faceplate. @FullCircle can you confirm? There's a chance our U.S. distributors all get different stuff, because this faceplate is different that the demo I tried at Canjam. This looks like the special Savant "meteorite" faceplate that was developed specially for our Singaporean distributor.

Either way, love it and am very happy with I got. Personal sound impressions to come later!
I can't wait to hear, what you think of them after you get some time with them. I still want another iem like this, in my arsenal.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #32,067 of 36,066
Hi folks can someone point me if there was a comparison done between khan vs 64 U12T somewhere on this thread?.. .. Keen on finding out strengths and weaknesses of each b4 deciding which way to go. thanks

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #32,068 of 36,066
I traded my K10U for a pair of Katana custom which I've had reshelled.
I'm happy with the fit of the reshell, but the Katana seems to be very, very bass-light, which I wouldn't have expected given the FR curves. However, I know those don't tell the whole story, so has anyone else had experience of comparing the Katana and K10 and seen the same?

I have had two Katanas and a K10, but they have not overlapped so I am sort of going by memory here. The Katana are very neutral monitors, but have a surprising kick in the sub-bass region. In comparison to the sound signature I remember of K10, I would say K10 is overall warmer and perhaps sounds more bass heavy because of the additional mid-bass emphasis. I would not call the Katana bass-light, though. It's a very clean, fast, enjoyable bass that is not accentuated, but it hits surprisingly hard for a BA IEM. Sounds like perhaps you are not getting a great seal, or something has changed during the resale? Everyone hears an IEM differently of course, but something sounds slightly off.

@SLC1966 has a Katana that he knows quite well, perhaps you can comment Mark on them being bass-light? They are quite punchy to my ears. Not the earth-shattering lows of some dynamic drivers of course, but pretty comprehensive on the bass region to my ears.

-Collin-

Mar 8, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #32,070 of 36,066
Hi folks can someone point me if there was a comparison done between khan vs 64 U12T somewhere on this thread?.. .. Keen on finding out strengths and weaknesses of each b4 deciding which way to go. thanks
Hi i auditioned both (in Australia the custom Khan is much more expensive than the custom A12T).

Fwiw I felt the Khan was a more intimate upfront sound which i actually prefer, with less treble sparkle (which i do prefer, i was very specifically looking for an IEM that could reproduce both cymbals and snare realistically), but a much more forward presentation of vocals... at this price level i don’t think it is pros and cons and more choices... i would keep my 12Ts which i ended up buying for my rock/edm listening and khans for my vocal heavy listening. The 12ts definitely place vocals slightly recessed compared to the rest of the mix... much more like listening to speakers directly in front of you.

i really wanted custom Khans but the price was a lot more :)

oh also i listen on an Iphone X plus through spotify premium so judge me all you like :) the khan had issues with this as a source.. it needed a portable amp to function properly. another deal breaker for me.

also the Khan is the more natural sounding of the two!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back