Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #30,871 of 36,066
My wife has a Savant II herself, and she likes it (a lot). It's hard to get her to share the love, but on the rare occasion that she does, I enjoy it thoroughly.

Plus, the Savant II is somewhat unique in the IEM world - it comes in a variety of designs. I don't quite remember another manufacturer that routinely offers a myriad aesthetic variations on a single product.
When I was at the Canjam London I equipped half the family with Savants, so now me and my sisters each have one

I’m generally speaking obsessed with a nice design so Noble and the Savant are an absolute favourite... it also sounds amazing, quite possibly the best value I’ve seen on any product

Aug 18, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #30,873 of 36,066
Curious to see how the M3 compares to Obravo's Cupid. Both planar + DD?

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #30,874 of 36,066
Curious to see how the M3 compares to Obravo's Cupid. Both planar + DD?
I heard the M3 at the Canjam London but it was the most extreme V I’ve ever heard. Not sure if there have been any tuning changes since

Best 2 driver IEM I’ve heard to date is the Savant II

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #30,876 of 36,066
The tuning of the m3 if a bit more polarizing than the Savant II

Amything with Savant DNA in my opinion is going to be a goody
Yeahh they're about as different as two IEMs could be

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #30,878 of 36,066
Seen in the Wild

20190819_153356.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #30,880 of 36,066
So I went to test the Kahns yesterday, ready to buy after reading about it obsessively here and other places. And I found that....I didn’t really like them.

The bass was excellent. The mids were excellent. The highs were excellent. The space was wide as I like it and the tone was there. But I felt like I was listening to multiple different excellent iems, and the music never gelled together into a cohesive whole for me to enjoy. This feeling of incoherence prevented me from pulling the trigger. I used to love and own some Katanas, but I guess the Kahns are just not meant for me.

In the end it’s an incredibly personal thing, like meeting someone in real life versus a dating site. Ya gotta try em in person.

I guess I’ll wait for the Katana II (Tachi?) to come out.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #30,881 of 36,066
So I went to test the Kahns yesterday, ready to buy after reading about it obsessively here and other places. And I found that....I didn’t really like them.

The bass was excellent. The mids were excellent. The highs were excellent. The space was wide as I like it and the tone was there. But I felt like I was listening to multiple different excellent iems, and the music never gelled together into a cohesive whole for me to enjoy. This feeling of incoherence prevented me from pulling the trigger. I used to love and own some Katanas, but I guess the Kahns are just not meant for me.

In the end it’s an incredibly personal thing, like meeting someone in real life versus a dating site. Ya gotta try em in person.

I'd kill for a Katana II.... Maybe a Katana with an estat for the highs? Would sound gorgeous

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #30,882 of 36,066
Sitting in restaurant with a script writer friend and broke out my Encore Universals along with a selection of eartips for him to try.

He said they were the best “Headphones” he has ever heard. We were listening to an SACD/44.1/24bit file of Tommy by The Who.

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #30,883 of 36,066
Sadly, I have ruined my buddy’s audio world. Before he heard my Khans, he was perfectly happy with his Encores. Now he’s seriously contemplating purchasing a universal or possible custom Kahn. He’ll probably go universal as he is bothered by the idea that ear canals can change over time.

One question...he bought a set of the black-on-black edition of the Encore from the Noble website (thanks to me being a bad influence on him) when the edition of 15 went live last year. He will be selling those to fund his Khan purchase and wants to know how many of the black on black Encores were produced total so he can accurately describe them in a listing. Weren’t there a few sets released somewhere in Asia prior to the run of 15?

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #30,884 of 36,066

Did you try a variety of tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back