Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 15, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #30,826 of 36,066
879F7038-8E70-48FF-BA97-E6511EDE5EA1.jpeg
I am currently using the AK SR15. But if money allows, I would get the AK SP100m gold edition. It’s looks sleek and relatively small in size :)

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #30,827 of 36,066
I minimize it by trying to keep my ear canal wide while I settle the ear tip/ear canal where I want it

Then allow the ear to close around the ear tip

Kinda tedious

But the the juice that a dynamic driver produces is worth the squeeze
Yes I've been doing this too! Thank you :)

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #30,828 of 36,066
Your brother is who told me about it coupled with the KaiserTone app on the iPhone to play hidef recordings. I still use the N8 most of the time, but that setup is awfully good. Tks.

So you actually took my advice and stepped up to a dedicated player? I guess I am right once in a blue moon. :v:

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #30,830 of 36,066
My brother uses an I phone coupled with the dragon fly red

I was stupefied
Certainly made a believer out of me

I am using my iPhone XS almost exclusive these days. Pairing it with a variety of toys like the aforementioned ES100, Oppo HA-2SE and Hugo. I think it sounds phenomenal.

A question for you AK guys...I’ve had an AK100ii for a number of years and it just sounds dull and flat. I was hoping the Khans might be what it was waiting for but it still sounds very dull. I realize it’s closer to entry level, but is this particular AK known for “blah” sound? I’ve always wondered if I got a dud or if it’s par for the course.

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #30,831 of 36,066
I am using my iPhone XS almost exclusive these days. Pairing it with a variety of toys like the aforementioned ES100, Oppo HA-2SE and Hugo. I think it sounds phenomenal.

A question for you AK guys...I’ve had an AK100ii for a number of years and it just sounds dull and flat. I was hoping the Khans might be what it was waiting for but it still sounds very dull. I realize it’s closer to entry level, but is this particular AK known for “blah” sound? I’ve always wondered if I got a dud or if it’s par for the course.
If by dull you mean flat I guess so.... personally I wouldn't call a flat sound signature dull, I hate warm DAPs

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #30,832 of 36,066

That was my first AK player, never found it dull by any means. I have always felt going up the ladder in the AK line does produce better sound, it can be small steps up to decent depending on which model you move up to. Its also possible the AK sound just isn't your cup of tea.

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #30,833 of 36,066
I cant wait to get the ak sp1000 going

Sounds like bliss awaits
wonder which your favorite portable source with the khan, whether a dap or a dac/amp

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #30,834 of 36,066

I had a similar experience with the AK120, but I soon used it as a digital transport only and paired it with (first) the Chord Hugo and then the Chord Mojo. This was a good set up, but when 400Gb SD cards dropped and I was able to fit all my music on one card it was a no brainer to add Poly to the Mojo and dump the AK120 for good. The screen size and UI on the AK120 were awful, but if memory serves they moved to Android based OS for subsequent DAPs.

The Khans sound phenomenal with the Mojo/Ploy pairing.

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #30,837 of 36,066
Thinking about ordering a pair of wood Katanas or Khans. The pictures I’ve seen are just so gorgeous. Is there any downside to the wood (besides time and cost)? Are they heavier and so more uncomfortable? Harder to adjust fit if that’s necessary?

Thanks.

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #30,838 of 36,066
Thinking about ordering a pair of wood Katanas or Khans. The pictures I’ve seen are just so gorgeous. Is there any downside to the wood (besides time and cost)? Are they heavier and so more uncomfortable? Harder to adjust fit if that’s necessary?

Thanks.

Don't worry about anything except getting a look you really like.

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #30,840 of 36,066
Comfort is more important than looks.

If I had to order a set of pink and chartreuse iems to get the most comfort, that’s what I’d do!

I just want to make sure that wood isn’t any less comfy than acrylic, because weight.

Comfort is going to come from it being a proper fit, nothing else really matters. My K10 have reef coral and watch parts. That's the beauty of Noble, you can have both.

Eric-Barbu-5-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back