Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 12, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #28,817 of 36,064
Still waiting for K10 Khan comparison, speed up :deadhorse:

The Khan is besting the K10 in every way except in bass, in that area they are VERY different. The K10 hits like a hammer where as the Khan is more controlled and balanced. Think of the K10 like a wild ride down a rapid river and the Khan is like a leisurely trip around a lazy river pool. They both put a smile on your face in different ways.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #28,818 of 36,064
The Khan is besting the K10 in every way except in bass, in that area they are VERY different. The K10 hits like a hammer where as the Khan is more controlled and balanced. Think of the K10 like a wild ride down a rapid river and the Khan is like a leisurely trip around a lazy river pool. They both put a smile on your face in different ways.

Interesting, so you would say it is slower and not as deep? That seems almost opposite to what WCDchee said.

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #28,822 of 36,064
The k10 has more going on with bass, not so much about deeper. Quantity for the K10.
After listening to the Encore and comparing to the K10C, the bass from K10C has more bloated boomy bass sound.
Encore bass has less but controlled and faster.
I hope the Khan bass is a lot better than these two former top flagships.

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #28,823 of 36,064
The k10 has more going on with bass, not so much about deeper. Quantity for the K10.

Okay thanks for the clarification, just from you first post I got that the bass wasn't as deep which would be bad lol! Deeper and faster makes sense.

The k10 has quantity. The Khan slams more impactfully when well driven despite less quantity. It is faster, snappier, and much more controlled. It has the better bass.

Cool, just over analysing Watas comment. Taking a simile literally is a bit derp! :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #28,824 of 36,064
After listening to the Encore and comparing to the K10C, the bass from K10C has more bloated boomy bass sound.
Encore bass has less but controlled and faster.
I hope the Khan bass is a lot better than these two former top flagships.

Its funny you mention bloated and boomy, swapping back and forth between the Khan and my K10C, that's pretty much how I feel now about the K10. Boomy can be good, I wont lie, a little boom in the Khan would be fun. But of course if it hurt its amazing clarity, I wouldn't welcome it so much.

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #28,825 of 36,064
Okay thanks for the clarification, just from you first post I got that the bass wasn't as deep which would be bad lol! Deeper and faster makes sense.

Cool, just over analysing Watas comment. Taking a simile literally is a bit derp! :deadhorse:

Let me put your mind at ease a bit, the Khan is the new king in the Noble line. I am still testing tracks, so more info will come later. Right now I need more focus testing sessions, most of it right now is while at work, or on my bike ride.

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #28,826 of 36,064
Let me put your mind at ease a bit, the Khan is the new king in the Noble line. I am still testing tracks, so more info will come later. Right now I need more focus testing sessions, most of it right now is while at work, or on my bike ride.

I had no doubt that it was the new flagship, doesn't necessarily mean it is tuned 100% to my preferences though but by the sounds of it it most likely is as none of my other headphones/speakers are boomy other than the K10s.

Apologies if I was being a bit dense, I decided my 15 year old cat has to be put to sleep tomorrow and I can honestly say I am really not taking it well :cry::crying_cat_face:

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #28,829 of 36,064
I had no doubt that it was the new flagship, doesn't necessarily mean it is tuned 100% to my preferences though but by the sounds of it it most likely is as none of my other headphones/speakers are boomy other than the K10s.

Apologies if I was being a bit dense, I decided my 15 year old cat has to be put to sleep tomorrow and I can honestly say I am really not taking it well :cry::crying_cat_face:

Its so different from the K10 it will most likely take some getting use to. You are gaining so much more, better clarity, detail, sound stage and just a better balanced sound. I noticed today on my live track of Philadelphia from Neil Young, that the sound of a person who coughs during the performance the second cough which is much louder is further outside my left ear and slightly behind it in the placement. I had to rewind the song because it caught me by surprise.

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #28,830 of 36,064
Its so different from the K10 it will most likely take some getting use to. You are gaining so much more, better clarity, detail, sound stage and just a better balanced sound. I noticed today on my live track of Philadelphia from Neil Young, that the sound of a person who coughs during the performance the second cough which is much louder is further outside my left ear and slightly behind it in the placement. I had to rewind the song because it caught me by surprise.

I don't suppose it will take too much time as it sounds like it is tuned much closer to the rest of my gear. I often had to wait for my brain to adjust when going to the K10 from the rest of my gear, speakers in particular due to the K10s laid back nature (not that it is necessarily a bad this just different). I am really excited to receive my pair :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back