1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. BananaOoyoo
    Yeah I like the form factor of those round cases, but not the lack of cushioning.

2. krismusic Contributor
    I consider myself a cable sceptic but that is pretty convincing.

3. Watagump
    I cracked them using this case, not the Noble round case.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    krismusic and FullCircle like this.
  4. krismusic Contributor
    Ah right. I still suspect there is not a lot of room in the round case.

5. hotdog108
    The chin slider doesn't stay in place on the Gold X Silver cable, I had to twist a duo of dental bands behind the slider to keep it from moving. It's a simple plastic tube, doesn't have any additional components to create friction against the smooth cable surface.

6. FullCircle
    Room enough, but if you are using a 3rd party jumper

Then I wouldnt expect the round case to be adequate and one would have to rely on the pelican 1010 case.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
    krismusic likes this.
  7. Malevolent
    Oooh, they look nice.

Truth be told, I didn't really fancy the "marble-like" look when the Khan was first unveiled. However, it has definitely grown on me. It does look nice in the ears!

So... what do they sound like? :wink: Eagerly awaiting your impressions!

[​IMG]

BananaOoyoo and Rowethren like this.
  8. Malevolent
    I love the Pelicans. I don't mind the extra bulk - I just want to have enough space for the IEM and a custom cable.

It helps that I carry a bag with me pretty much everywhere I go, though. :D

Rowethren likes this.
  9. Rowethren
    Yeah I always carry a Pelican 1010 with me. I cut the rails off each end to make it a bit smaller as well as they are completely useless to me, I also added some nice foam to stop everything moving about.

They perfectly fit my ES100 and K10 with cable:
    IMG_20181101_211646.jpg

Now all I need is for my Khans to arrive :beerchug::deadhorse:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Malevolent and BananaOoyoo like this.
  10. Malevolent
    How did you remove the side rails? They are a bit cumbersome, and take up that little bit of extra space in my bag. I have limited work tools here, so if you did it in a quick and easy manner, I'd be very interested to know. :)

And yeah, Pelican foam, while expensive, really helps in achieving that secure and snug fit.

11. Frankie D
    Did you cut the Pelican foam’s thickness in half as well to make it fit? I have a piece, but it takes up the whole inside of the case. Tks.

12. krismusic Contributor
    I left my bars on my case as I quite like the look and I also always carry a bag, so they are not an issue? I would think a hacksaw would be favourite to cut them. You can buy a very cheap "junior" hacksaw from any decent hardware shop.

13. Rowethren
    I actually used a dremel and it was very effective! I find the rails got caught on things when putting it in my bag which is the main reason I cut them off, the smaller size was just an added bonus.

The foam inside isn't the pickable stuff made to fit from Pelican it is actually some ridged flight case type foam that I purchased from Amazon and then cut to size. I personally never found the Pelican foam all that great.

Malevolent likes this.
  14. Watagump
    2 more pictures, this is for those who are a little reluctant on the Noble round case. We have the Khan and my K10 customs on one picture with stock cables and one older picture with the K10 and a custom cable. All situations have a nice tight fight without feeling like anything is in danger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fiascogarcia likes this.
  15. Frankie D
    Thanks for the info. Tks.