Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 8, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #28,741 of 36,064
Thanks those are the only tips I haven't tried. I read about them in a tip shootout guide, but when I searched them I got a handful of different model numbers so wasn't sure which ones.

Supposedly Sony will release some intermediate sizes too, in January, February. So we will see some XL and ML (medium large) and there is talk on the forums about certain people getting a good fit as either large is too big or large is not big enough. Also new, a range of intermediate sizes down the line.

But large fits fine (for me personally) and because they don’t give any, large can almost feel larger than large in my personal experience. They get the Encore out from touching the side of my ear, and keep it locked down in place, forever it seems. Air-tight too!

I have no issue recommending them wholeheartedly; though as we know tip use is very personal.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #28,742 of 36,064
Thanks those are the only tips I haven't tried. I read about them in a tip shootout guide, but when I searched them I got a handful of different model numbers so wasn't sure which ones.

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-n1ap/specifications

There is a photo here which shows the texture of the tips. I had to post the link as the photo can’t be posted. But note the wall thickness and texture, that is the clue you have Triple Comport Tips, nothing out there like them. Cheers!

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #28,746 of 36,064
Monday delivery for the Khan is going to make for a long weekend, yes you should still feel sorry for me.

No sympathy lol! :deadhorse::beerchug:

Sounds like I need to send John and Jim a few bottles of wine! :)

-Collin-

I asked John yesterday almost immediately after seeing Watagumps post but unfortunately I think the other 2 have been allocated for review/advertising. Can't really blame them as that is the key to boosting sales early on. I am hoping that some trickle on early to the active people in this thread though :fingers_crossed::wink::kissing_heart:

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #28,748 of 36,064
Dec 8, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #28,749 of 36,064
Sounds like I need to send John and Jim a few bottles of wine! :)

-Collin-

I feel very lucky that I get the chance to receive units. I always tell John I don't expect anything from them. In the end I am glad I do get them, it helps me help others decide, it helps Noble and I also get the joy out of using the products, sounds like a win win. I wish I had the skills that great reviewers have with expressing what I hear in more technical terms. In the end, I just say what I hear, I wont lie about a product ever, it also helps if and when I ever work a show for Noble again to be able to help people that show up for listening.

Dec 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #28,750 of 36,064
Oh man, this is cruel, the Khans are only 9 miles away. Maybe if I drive over they will give them to me. :smile:

Capture.png

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #28,752 of 36,064
I feel your pain. I have never got on with universals and ended up going custom. I could recommend a couple of UK options for custom tips but if you are not in the UK that's not going to help. If Noble have a recommended audiologist near you they may be able to help.
Hey :) What are the UK options krismusic? I'm on the hunt for some better tips for my Encore's.

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #28,753 of 36,064
Hey :) What are the UK options krismusic? I'm on the hunt for some better tips for my Encore's.
I meant that it might be possible to get custom tips made. Gisele at Aid2Hearing is Nobles recommended Audiologist and is extremely helpful. ACS also do custom tips for third party IEM's and may be able to help. Snuggs make tips with a 3D scanner and printer. I didn't have much luck with those but did not persevere to be fair.
One of those options might come good... HTH.

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #28,754 of 36,064
Personally if Gisele can do custom tips I would go through her as if you have any fit problems she will get you sorted! And from personal experience her molds fitted perfectly first time.

Dec 8, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #28,755 of 36,064
Personally if Gisele can do custom tips I would go through her as if you have any fit problems she will get you sorted! And from personal experience her molds fitted perfectly first time.
Yes. That was my experience also. Gisele is the best. :) To be fair the other two companies were very keen to get a good result.
With Gisele I had one minor refit and was good to go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back