Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #28,141 of 36,115
dhKjHz
1.png

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #28,144 of 36,115
noble desktop.jpg

Ever since I received the SpinFit tips, I always thought getting a ring to place them into essentially a longer nozzle may improve my fit and sound. Absolutely the best fit/sound resulted; and I've owned the Encore IEM since November 2017. Shown is a custom bedside table with edges which I had made. I can't believe how good everything sounds in Flagship Town!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #28,145 of 36,115
This book definitely needs to be written. Do we have to wait until you retire?

Retire?

Screenshot_20180908-222821_Google.jpg

I used to think people had to be lucky to be wealthy, now I think people have to be lucky to retire!

Then again,

As the saying goes, "Do what you love and you will never work a day of your life." So with that in mind, I have not worked for about 10 years now.

With a lot of luck, I will do this type of work until I'm hauled off in a box. It sounds morbid, but I'd be fine with that. I should have left this world at the age of 26, vehicle accident, head trauma, open skull fracture, etc etc.

(That is another story that would actually belong in the book, as that accident put me on the pathway to working at a major hearing aid company in Thailand where I developed a knack for building CIEMs)

That accident took a toll on me... I dont think I need to plan for the twilight years. I more worry about my kids than me and retirement days. I'm 46, with kids still in diapers.

20171128_213150.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 8, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #28,146 of 36,115
Retire?

I used to think people had to be lucky to be wealthy, now I think people have to be lucky to retire!

Then again,

As the saying goes, "Do what you love and you will never work a day of your life." So with that in mind, I have not worked for about 10 years now.

With a lot of luck, I will do this type of work until I'm hauled off in a box. It sounds morbid, but I'd be fine with that. I should have left this world at the age of 26, vehicle accident, head trauma, open skull fracture, etc etc.

(That is another story that would actually belong in the book, as that accident put me on the pathway to working at a major hearing aid company in Thailand where I developed a knack for building CIEMs)

That accident took a toll on me... I dont think I need to plan for the twilight years. I more worry about my kids than me and retirement days. I'm 46, with kids still in diapers.

I can't imagine you ever having the time to do it but it would be great if a writer could do an in depth company biography.

Sep 9, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #28,148 of 36,115
4C159353-5A84-4936-9BB7-6F2E0C5CCFD3.jpeg
I just got back from listening to a £400k speaker/vinyl system at Spiritland in King's Cross London. Well worth a visit if you are in town. http://spiritland.com/
On the way home I was listening to my K10c. For the first time I understood why they are referred to as having a"fun" sound and what the Katana might be about.

Attachments

• F49B8C23-2793-48B5-B3FD-10F61CEA386A.jpeg
    F49B8C23-2793-48B5-B3FD-10F61CEA386A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 9ED812E9-7E44-406B-98AE-363D59580BDC.jpeg
    9ED812E9-7E44-406B-98AE-363D59580BDC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #28,149 of 36,115
Hey guys, I was wondering if Noble or anyone else can answer my question. How does it work if the fitment of your customs has "changed"? The left side is very snug and tight to the point where it feels very congested audio wise, and the right side has become very loose, so that while the soundstage is much bigger on the right side as a result, the seal is gone, and the center image is moved.

Sep 10, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #28,150 of 36,115
Hey guys, I was wondering if Noble or anyone else can answer my question. How does it work if the fitment of your customs has "changed"? The left side is very snug and tight to the point where it feels very congested audio wise, and the right side has become very loose, so that while the soundstage is much bigger on the right side as a result, the seal is gone, and the center image is moved.

Maybe time for a re-fit, but would possibly have to pay to have it done. I would check for wax buildup also, that can create a sound shift. Not sure why the fit would change, unless you have had severe weight changes.

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #28,151 of 36,115
I have recently acquired sony WM1Z and it is almost unbelievable how well Katanas scale up wit TOTL DAP. This is truly amazing combo and it keeps my love for Noble and these awesome IEMs. Now Katanas are running to their full potential.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #28,152 of 36,115
Maybe time for a re-fit, but would possibly have to pay to have it done. I would check for wax buildup also, that can create a sound shift. Not sure why the fit would change, unless you have had severe weight changes.

I did lost about about 20 lbs. There is no wax buildup that i can see. How much does noble usually charge for the refit? Its not the same as a reshell right? The right side feels really loose and the left side feels really stuffed.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #28,153 of 36,115
I did lost about about 20 lbs. There is no wax buildup that i can see. How much does noble usually charge for the refit? Its not the same as a reshell right? The right side feels really loose and the left side feels really stuffed.

John would have to answer the price thing. Refits are usually free if you just got them and they didn't fit correctly. Wax can get pushed in deeper to where you might not think there is any. Proper cleaning can remove it, using a needle with a sharp point or even investing in a jodi vac from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back