Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 7, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #26,071 of 36,135
I honestly didn't find the need to cut the shrink off the Noble cable, and because I have the wider Django, I found them to provide some support, preventing them from falling out. I have cut the support off the TFZ Exclusive earphones, the UE900 cable and the 64Audio cables in the past with no issue.
Ohkay right on man. I believe the aluminum shells must be heavier than the acrylic - and with the support of the custom inner shape, I can wear it in my ears with cable removed and it feels light, almost disappearing in my ears!

I wear eyeglasses and I think that they are the reason that the memory wire isn't working for me.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #26,072 of 36,135
Is anyone using the Dita truth cable with the Encores? I am interested in that because of the modularity aspect of it.
i have the Truth CU cable to alternate between 2.5 TRRS and 4.4 TRRS on my fiio x5iii and WM1Z. I was advised the silver would be too bight with Encores. The flexibility of the conectors is a great selling point and the cable is of lovely quality and sounds great. Ive recently switched to a Toxic Cables Hydra but have yet to do a comparison. The Encores sound fabulous with both :L3000:

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #26,074 of 36,135
After reading @PinkyPowers review of the Sage...I can only wish for a comparison to my Dulce Bass. Because the bass on Dulce is thick and velvety yet the vocals always shine though as well. Treble is not the name of the game but it works. Really curious is all.

From my brief time with the dulce bass, it was indeed surprisingly balanced but had noticably more sub-bass slam than the Sage and Django. I felt it was more v-shaped too but again, my time with them was short.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #26,075 of 36,135
After reading @PinkyPowers review of the Sage...I can only wish for a comparison to my Dulce Bass. Because the bass on Dulce is thick and velvety yet the vocals always shine though as well. Treble is not the name of the game but it works. Really curious is all.

From my brief time with the dulce bass, it was indeed surprisingly balanced but had noticably more sub-bass slam than the Sage and Django. I felt it was more v-shaped too but again, my time with them was short.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #26,076 of 36,135
In case anyone else was wondering, the bass on Dulce Bass is more than the Sony XBA H3/A3 but less than Sennheiser IE80s for quantity as a reference. Quality though, I would have to hand it to Dulce Bass; especially when you look at whole picture. I bought into the hybrid design of the H3/A3 because I had the Shure SE315 and the Sony XBA-3 triple BA and felt that bass was always lacking. Dulce rewrites all that.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #26,077 of 36,135

Could it really be called V shaped? I don't even know how to explain it except burn-in(mental and/or equipment) but the first 2 days of listening sounded like the vocals were underwater and treble was bordering on too much. 3rd day on and the treble takes two steps back and the vocals come up to tame the bass a little...not to interrupt it but to supplement.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #26,078 of 36,135
Could it really be called V shaped? I don't even know how to explain it except burn-in(mental and/or equipment) but the first 2 days of listening sounded like the vocals were underwater and treble was bordering on too much. 3rd day on and the treble takes two steps back and the vocals come up to tame the bass a little...not to interrupt it but to supplement.

Not outright v-shaped but in comparison to the more balanced Django and Sage.

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #26,080 of 36,135
Not outright v-shaped but in comparison to the more balanced Django and Sage.
That is interesting. I spoke to @Watagump a while back via PM and he felt that the Dulce was "extremely mid-forward" and unlike anything else in the Noble line-up. I can't remember myself and only auditioned them for a few minutes. All I remember is that after the Sage, the Dulce felt like the more prominent bass balanced with the treble to create a warmer and smoother sound.

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #26,081 of 36,135
That is interesting. I spoke to @Watagump a while back via PM and he felt that the Dulce was "extremely mid-forward" and unlike anything else in the Noble line-up. I can't remember myself and only auditioned them for a few minutes. All I remember is that after the Sage, the Dulce felt like the more prominent bass balanced with the treble to create a warmer and smoother sound.

I think some listeners are struggling with fit and seal, the Noble earphones aren't the most immediately ergonomic earphones and require a bit of tip rolling to get just right. And besides, it's called the "Dulce Bass" though I would appreciate a "Dulce Mid" too!

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #26,082 of 36,135
I think some listeners are struggling with fit and seal, the Noble earphones aren't the most immediately ergonomic earphones and require a bit of tip rolling to get just right. And besides, it's called the "Dulce Bass" though I would appreciate a "Dulce Mid" too!
Yes, it's called the Kaiser 10. :joy:

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #26,083 of 36,135
Looking at getting some iems around the £500 mark. Will be used with Chord Mojo and transport for now will be laptop or iPad, but hoping to get the Chord Poly in the near future. My headphones are the Oppo PM-1 and as a counter-balance to them thinking of getting the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro. So to my iems - I'm looking for a balanced airy sound with some sparkle in the treble but not too jarring, a dynamic tight bass, and smooth mids so the vocals can shine. The sound characteristic that I dislike the most is a muddy bass that just bleeds into and smothers the clarity. I consider myself a bass head and a lot of my music is bass heavy - dub, reggae, EDM, dub step, drum n bass - and once upon a time I would always have a sub woofer. Now though, I still love these genres but I prefer a more balanced experience of them. A tight, fast hard hitting bass is better, just don't want the reverb anymore. But I also listen to a lot of prog, prog/death metal, indie (old school '85-'95), and jazz where I crave more insight and energy. From anyone's experience here - how would the Sage (or other mid priced Nobles) fulfil what I'm after. I have also been reading a lot about the Dunu DK3001 and they sound very interesting. Would be great to hear about any comparisons between the two.

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #26,084 of 36,135
Dulce Bass is my go to for bass. VERY layered,controlled and detailed. Always present, yet let's the vocals come through no problem. Treble is very forgiving but you know it's there; if not a little recessed. Vocals WILL come forward with bass light tracks otherwise they are a little stepped back due to that lovely but not invasive bass.

I have the PM-3 and its(Dulce Bass) levels higher in quantity of bass but quality is about the same. Vocals are DEFINITELY laid back compared to the Oppo house sound but quality is about the same. Treble is about the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back