Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 6, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #26,057 of 36,078
The choker cable doesn't help with this. I'm currently using a Ted's cable with memory wire and when adjusted properly my Encores stay firmly in my ears even when walking. The challenge I have with the stock cable is the preformed curve at the earpiece. It's quite springy and is difficult to reform to fit.
I think I know what you mean. It's the part of the cable closest to the 2-pin connector, right? From experience, these springy sections are hard to (re)form. I once had a 3rd party cable that I ordered for my SE535, and I asked to remove the memory wire. It was a nightmare to use, since it would constantly spring out from beyond my ears, as it was rather stiff and springy.

Noble's stock cables are a little more pliable in that sense, but I can see why you might have problems with comfort.

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #26,059 of 36,078
PS. My Sage review will be up tomorrow sometime.
Looking forward to that! The Encore and Katana have been getting the most attention, for obvious reasons of course, but I think many people would love to see a few more solid reviews of the other models in Noble's line. I certainly appreciated the few reviews of the Trident, Savanna and Sage that I was able to find, and because of that I was very happy to see @ryanjsoo's review of the sometimes a bit illusive Django over at the Headphone List:

http://theheadphonelist.com/noble-audio-django-iem-review-bold-inside-out/

I really liked what I read about the Django and regret not auditioning it when I had the opportunity. Great work Ryan!

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #26,060 of 36,078
Looking forward to that! The Encore and Katana have been getting the most attention, for obvious reasons of course, but I think many people would love to see a few more solid reviews of the other models in Noble's line. I certainly appreciated the few reviews of the Trident, Savanna and Sage that I was able to find, and because of that I was very happy to see @ryanjsoo's review of the sometimes a bit illusive Django over at the Headphone List:

http://theheadphonelist.com/noble-audio-django-iem-review-bold-inside-out/

I really liked what I read about the Django and regret not auditioning it when I had the opportunity. Great work Ryan!

Thanks Wyville! Really appreciated. I was actually looking to review the Sage, but when I heard Pinky had it already I thought the Django would make for the more interesting article. Really happy I went for it, the Django is a really nice take on the smooth/warm sound. I'm assuming their looks are limiting user impressions, my local retail store has them for demo but since the Dulce Bass didn't fit in my ears, I didn't even try the Django's (plus the purple can be hit or miss). Looking forward to that Sage review too.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #26,061 of 36,078
Thanks Wyville! Really appreciated. I was actually looking to review the Sage, but when I heard Pinky had it already I thought the Django would make for the more interesting article. Really happy I went for it, the Django is a really nice take on the smooth/warm sound. I'm assuming their looks are limiting user impressions, my local retail store has them for demo but since the Dulce Bass didn't fit in my ears, I didn't even try the Django's (plus the purple can be hit or miss). Looking forward to that Sage review too.
It is a great review of IEMs I was not able to find much information about and so I thought people here would really appreciate knowing about it. Plus, you have been doing some excellent work in recent months that deserves credit!

I really loved the Dulce Bass when I auditioned it several months ago, but did not have the budget for them as CIEMs, which was what I really wanted. That was also the reason why I did not try the Django, because I did not want to tempt myself even more. :wink:

The colours are indeed a bit of a statement that might or might not appeal to potential buyers, but I believe that, Noble being Noble, it might be possible to order custom colours for the faceplates on the universals as well. Because I can't have CIEMs anymore due to pressure issues, I would be sorely tempted to get a custom colour on the Dulce Bass, or indeed the Django, if I could afford it. :grin:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #26,063 of 36,078
Just an FYI, these are worth whatever wait it takes. I waited less than a week for one and two weeks for the other.

Awesome to hear. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser CX 300 II and I am ready for an upgrade for my WM1A. Been using this pair for a really long time and was being extra cautious on whichever next pair I invested my money into.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #26,066 of 36,078
Aug 7, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #26,067 of 36,078
I love the feel and tangle-free, hassle-free nature of the stock Noble cable!

However I have experimented between this cable and the Noble microphone cable for cellphone (3.5mm), and it doesn't have the loop around the ears. Well it turns out, I prefer not having the loop! But sadly, the mic cable has a lot of "memory" and springiness to it, which causes other sorts of loops to appear. Even twisting the cable slightly at the jack end causes the whole thing to wiggle and begin forming loops. It's so annoying.

Has anyone cut the ear loop? And not accidentally ruined the thing in the process? I really want to remove that thing.

Hopefully the Linum superBAX comes in stock soon. But nonetheless..... if I can remove the ear loop from the Noble cable I might prefer it over Linum's. It just feels so NICE. Friggin what? is going on here? Anyone have suggestions?

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #26,068 of 36,078
I love the feel and tangle-free, hassle-free nature of the stock Noble cable!

However I have experimented between this cable and the Noble microphone cable for cellphone (3.5mm), and it doesn't have the loop around the ears. Well it turns out, I prefer not having the loop! But sadly, the mic cable has a lot of "memory" and springiness to it, which causes other sorts of loops to appear. Even twisting the cable slightly at the jack end causes the whole thing to wiggle and begin forming loops. It's so annoying.

Has anyone cut the ear loop? And not accidentally ruined the thing in the process? I really want to remove that thing.

Hopefully the Linum superBAX comes in stock soon. But nonetheless..... if I can remove the ear loop from the Noble cable I might prefer it over Linum's. It just feels so NICE. Friggin what? is going on here? Anyone have suggestions?

My ears don't agree with a lot of memory wire cables, I've cut a bunch off in the past and they've all have been the same. It's pretty much just a plastic mould over the cable, use a sharp scalpel or x-acto knife, once you get under the lip at the edge of the guide, you can usually peel the whole thing off. Otherwise, cut slowly upwards, going with the direction of the braid to avoid damaging the insulation on the cable itself. Try and peel as much as possible since it lowers the chance of cutting the cable.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #26,069 of 36,078
My ears don't agree with a lot of memory wire cables, I've cut a bunch off in the past and they've all have been the same. It's pretty much just a plastic mould over the cable, use a sharp scalpel or x-acto knife, once you get under the lip at the edge of the guide, you can usually peel the whole thing off. Otherwise, cut slowly upwards, going with the direction of the braid to avoid damaging the insulation on the cable itself. Try and peel as much as possible since it lowers the chance of cutting the cable.
Cool, really cool that you replied so quick. May I ask you if you have done the same with the Noble cable? and was it successful // is your fit improved?

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #26,070 of 36,078
Cool, really cool that you replied so quick. May I ask you if you have done the same with the Noble cable? and was it successful // is your fit improved?

I honestly didn't find the need to cut the shrink off the Noble cable, and because I have the wider Django, I found them to provide some support, preventing them from falling out. I have cut the support off the TFZ Exclusive earphones, the UE900 cable and the 64Audio cables in the past with no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back