Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 26, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #26,042 of 36,078
^
Good to know. Thanks!

Oh, and I just found their FAQ which explains shipping and such. Just need to know about the cable now.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #26,043 of 36,078
^
Good to know. Thanks!

Oh, and I just found their FAQ which explains shipping and such. Just need to know about the cable now.

Best clarify with Brannan, as ciems and iems ship from different locations, therefore shipping methods may be different

As for the cable, I do believe the tf10 was built with a. 75 mm socket. The sage is built with a. 78 mm socket.

The noble cable can be easily converted to a balanced cable by the end user if required.

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #26,044 of 36,078
While we are on cable talk, I need some help with my Noble cable. I find the new design of the cable sans memory wire places tension on my ear which tends to pull the tips out of my ear. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to retension the bend on the cable around the ear? I've tried but it just seems to spring back to its original shape.

Fullcircle answered the question re balanced conversion, do the barrels on the 3.5mm connector screw off (I've tried but it doesn't budge) or do I need to just cut the connector off to solder on a 2.5mm balanced connector?

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #26,046 of 36,078
While we are on cable talk, I need some help with my Noble cable. I find the new design of the cable sans memory wire places tension on my ear which tends to pull the tips out of my ear. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to retension the bend on the cable around the ear? I've tried but it just seems to spring back to its original shape.

Fullcircle answered the question re balanced conversion, do the barrels on the 3.5mm connector screw off (I've tried but it doesn't budge) or do I need to just cut the connector off to solder on a 2.5mm balanced connector?

That's why I have to use custom cables for Noble's new universal shells.

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #26,047 of 36,078
That's interesting to see others having the same problem I'm having with keeping my universal fit Katanas seated properly. I've managed to bend the wire a bit so it works better, but there is still a tendency for the right side iem to gradually work it's way loose. Even if it don't feel it initially, I can tell it's happening because I start to lose bass on that side.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #26,048 of 36,078
That's interesting to see others having the same problem I'm having with keeping my universal fit Katanas seated properly. I've managed to bend the wire a bit so it works better, but there is still a tendency for the right side iem to gradually work it's way loose. Even if it don't feel it initially, I can tell it's happening because I start to lose bass on that side.
I'm in the exact opposite camp. I'm not a fan of memory wire, since it ensures a poor and uncomfortable fit, owing to the cable's improper resting position at the back of ear. Without memory wires, the cable just rests behind the ears, and everything stays put.

@fordski Does use of the choker help keep the cable in place?

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #26,050 of 36,078
I'm in the exact opposite camp. I'm not a fan of memory wire, since it ensures a poor and uncomfortable fit, owing to the cable's improper resting position at the back of ear. Without memory wires, the cable just rests behind the ears, and everything stays put.

The choker cable doesn't help with this. I'm currently using a Ted's cable with memory wire and when adjusted properly my Encores stay firmly in my ears even when walking. The challenge I have with the stock cable is the preformed curve at the earpiece. It's quite springy and is difficult to reform to fit.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #26,051 of 36,078
My main problem right now is removing the stock cable. For me, it is much more difficult to pull out compared with my custom K10s. I have one of Noble's older lightweight cables that I want to install on my universal fit Katanas, but unless I resort to using pliers, I don't think I can pull out the stock cable. I'm just concerned about marring the finish on the shell. I like the idea of the non-memory wire cables, but that pre-formed arch just doesn't work for my right ear.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #26,052 of 36,078

I've never had a problem with the memory wire on my K10's. Everyone is different of course.

My main problem right now is removing the stock cable. For me, it is much more difficult to pull out compared with my custom K10s. I have one of Noble's older lightweight cables that I want to install on my universal fit Katanas, but unless I resort to using pliers, I don't think I can pull out the stock cable. I'm just concerned about marring the finish on the shell. I like the idea of the non-memory wire cables, but that performed arch just doesn't work for my right ear.
Maybe wrap a bit of card around the plug to protect it from the pliers?

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #26,055 of 36,078
Depends on if they are in inventory. Contact Brannan if you want a more specific answer, as no one here knows the inner workings of Noble BETTER

Fixed that for you. :wink:

PS. My Sage review will be up tomorrow sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back