Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #25,906 of 36,078
I would love to see the chin slider on the cables improved. It needs to be a soft material and a smaller inside diameter, so it actually stays in place.

Yea I was a little shocked to see just a piece of clear insulation over the cable. My Pinnacle P1's rival these for build quality in every way, shouldn't happen imo for the price they are charging for these. Maybe that's just a testament to the P1's more than anything.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #25,907 of 36,078
Yea I was a little shocked to see just a piece of clear insulation over the cable. My Pinnacle P1's rival these for build quality in every way, shouldn't happen imo for the price they are charging for these. Maybe that's just a testament to the P1's more than anything.

I have a piece of electrical tape under the slider to stop it from moving, I might remove the tape and put some glue in between the slider and the cable. The tape is starting to unravel.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #25,908 of 36,078
I have a piece of electrical tape under the slider to stop it from moving, I might remove the tape and put some glue in between the slider and the cable. The tape is starting to unravel.

I'm sure if you upgraded the cable it would have a better chin slider.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #25,909 of 36,078
When I first got my K10's I thought the slider looked as if it would not last long. Four years of almost daily use later. No problem whatsoever and still loving my K10's. :)

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #25,911 of 36,078
I have had custom cables, I am done going that route.

Noble cables like to try and stop the IEM from going in deep enough. At least on my ears. I can't use them. It's worse on Sage. Either a custom, or a DiY works better.

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #25,913 of 36,078
Not sure why that makes sense since the Noble cable is thinner than my 24awg cable I had.

It's the way the connector and earhooks/loop is designed on Noble cables.

And I should qualify, it is also in combination with the latest Universal shells Noble makes. If the connector doesn't stick out a bit more it will hit my ear and the IEM won't go in deep enough.

I can't use the ALO Reference8 on Encore because of this. But I love it on my U12 or CIEM Solar.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #25,914 of 36,078
I have to add to the praise for the Encore. I don't have anything particular to add to what people have said already, but they blow everything else I have out of the water. So I'm letting go of my Django, Savant, and some other brands too. I don't think I've been this happy with earphones since I bought the SE530 back in - I think - 2008.

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #25,915 of 36,078
I know it's likely just me being stupid, but I just can't manage to get the blue tips onto my Encores or Savants. The stem just feels too narrow to go onto the IEM.

I'm loving them with the red stemmed tips and Complys, but it bugs me that I can't get the blues on!!! Any ideas?

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #25,916 of 36,078
I know it's likely just me being stupid, but I just can't manage to get the blue tips onto my Encores or Savants. The stem just feels too narrow to go onto the IEM.

I'm loving them with the red stemmed tips and Complys, but it bugs me that I can't get the blues on!!! Any ideas?

Try a little saliva or water around outside of the IEM. The blues are tricky, pressure and twisting, practice makes perfect, or at least better. You can also try turning the black part inside out so you have better access to the blue part that slips on.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #25,917 of 36,078

Sadly, they are just really, really hard to get on.

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #25,918 of 36,078
I had issues with my Savanna's too. I tried them out this morning and the secret for me was the angle. You have to get the blue tip at just the right angle to slip over the nozzle. Tricky but doable, just keep trying, you'll get it

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #25,919 of 36,078
K1315.png

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #25,920 of 36,078
Today I am celebrating the arrival of my first Noble product, the Katana! They are great.

They have been in my ears for about two hours. My first impression is that they sound like the Oppo PM-3 but with a better bass (perfect in the upper bass unlike the slightly boomy PM-3), and everything wrong with the PM-3 treble extension and lack of, fixed. Very good balance of low-mid-high.

The other thing I notice is that they sound very smooth despite the balance. The mids are never shouty, but they aren't absent either. Mids sound really good similar to Sennheiser HD 650. And having mentioned the 650, one thing that isn't best about those is that the bass humps but then drops off, which sometimes lacks excitement during critical moments. The Katana does not have this problem. The sub-bass is SWEET. If this is the "analytical," sound then the Encores must be really musical indeed.

The only downside of all of this is not even a real downside. I may need these re-fit as I do lose the seal sometimes when opening my mouth or even walking. Hanging upside down gives a poor result too. However when they do fit perfect, it is an amazing thing to not have my ears feel so weird. That and the high comfort make these really epic. It's almost uncomfortable how I no longer have to constantly keep pushing in my IEM for it to seal right. It still happens but when I get the seal perfect it must be a very different thing indeed. I am starting to get what user watagump was saying about his custom vs. universal journey. Seeing as a re-fit will probably be needed, after more testing by me, it will surely be worth the wait. At least for today I get to re-listen to my whole music library. :)

But if anyone can chime in to say if my exp is normal, my ears will adjust etc, speak up! I will be grateful.

Because of how strange my ears are shaped, the left earbud sticks out at an angle more than the right, which is flush in the ear. Hate having odd ears!

The design is great too. Better in person than in the pics, it matches the face of my watch perfectly. Sweet. Good job Mr. Wizard and Noble team. Really nice work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back