Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 15, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #25,936 of 36,065
Does anyone know if noble does repairs? one of my buds fell off of the table and now theres a visible hairline fracture ):
Out of curiosity, how high was the table? Is this acrylic custom?

Would recommend emailing them, they reply promptly.

Jul 15, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #25,937 of 36,065
Today on the plane I found myself losing the seal easily on my customs while sitting there, and maybe the sweat was exaggerating this. It was difficult for the left ear to find a proper seal, and it is possible that during my trip to the audiologist for my impressions, I had moved my a bit too much as the silicone was setting in.

Speculation aside, I have arrived at my work camp and the seal is perfect now unless I open my mouth wide like yawning or if laughing loudly. Eating a small dinner I only lost my seal when taking a large bite out of some food. That is totally acceptable.

Comfort is ideal. These are very comfy indeed. The mic cable without the memory wire has adapted to the shape of my ears and the cable no longer uncurls itself from around the top of my ear.

I have emailed the CIEM Labs team and let them know that I will hold onto the Katana for the next two weeks until I arrive back to town.

If the fit is still a problem, I will take advantage of refitting under warranty.

@FullCircle, I will try to take some pics this week. However I think I may have already figured out the issue of the earphone jutting out. It actually does not do so that much when I use the proper insertion method, so thanks for pointing me that way. Feels better now.

As for the actual issue of fit, it seems that the IEMs are just a touch too small especially on the left ear. I think the "canal" part might have to be thicker. I will experiment and send a more detailed email at some point during this trial.

As for the sound, I think I've already made it clear in earlier posts that the Katana are one of the most Excellent pieces of headgear I've worn yet. Good show. :)
This morning the lwft ear seals beautifully! But now, the right ear just wont get a seal no matter what I do. So frustrating to only have bass in one channel. Sure hope that my ears adjust.

Jul 15, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #25,938 of 36,065
When I got my K10 CIEMs last year and I found the fit a bit difficult and it was uncomfortable to insert them but after a couple of weeks I found my ears sort of moved around to fit them better and I had got the nack of fitting them properly.

After a year I find them no more difficult to insert than universals and faster than foam tips because you don't have to spend time compressing them before fitting.

Stick with it I am sure it will be fine in no time :ksc75smile:

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #25,940 of 36,065
Curios minds in Japan

DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1204.JPG

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #25,943 of 36,065
More success today keeping a seal. i still feel it is a bit too loose but its still day three or four now. Haven't decided if I need a re-fit. If yes, it would be pretty minor but still important. If in two weeks time I still find myself fiddling around with the fit, I will send them in, because that is the downside of UIEMs I am trying to escape :)

When I first ordered, I did expect some parts to be large and therefore stretching my ear canal, because that is what most people report. but instead they feel small. My audiologist was pretty knowledgable, I am glad for that. Interestingly he didn't have me use a block but just had me keep my mouth slightly open, and had me move my jaw around just a little bit.

either way, they are the first headphone to truly "disappear" on my head/ear, and for that I am convinced that customs are the best way for me! Wuhoo! :)

I LOVE the Katana! LOVE

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #25,946 of 36,065
I have been thinking about this for a while now and finally decided to raise this point.

How have people's interactions been with Noble? I ask because I have been pretty underwhelmed with my experience thus far. Point of note - I have only spoken / emailed with Brannan mainly, so this is really a reflection of those interactions. I have found the interactions to be extremely curt, which might be a stylistic thing, however in some of the conversations he came across as downright rude which I found rather off-putting. I would have cancelled my order but I was too far along in the process. Not sure if my expectations are off but if I am being charged what I think is a fair amount of money for a CIEM, I also have some expectation of the service and this whole transaction just has been off for me. I have worked with folks at JH Audio and UE before and those experiences were night and day relative to Noble.

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #25,947 of 36,065
My order was handled by the CIEM lab group, mainly Sunny and Nancy. I found them very polite and helpful, as well as quick and responsive during the Chinese working hours.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #25,948 of 36,065
:)
I have been thinking about this for a while now and finally decided to raise this point.

How have people's interactions been with Noble? I ask because I have been pretty underwhelmed with my experience thus far. Point of note - I have only spoken / emailed with Brannan mainly, so this is really a reflection of those interactions. I have found the interactions to be extremely curt, which might be a stylistic thing, however in some of the conversations he came across as downright rude which I found rather off-putting. I would have cancelled my order but I was too far along in the process. Not sure if my expectations are off but if I am being charged what I think is a fair amount of money for a CIEM, I also have some expectation of the service and this whole transaction just has been off for me. I have worked with folks at JH Audio and UE before and those experiences were night and day relative to Noble.

I also worked with sunny .. found her very courteous and very responsive.. interacted with Brennan only via email to place order but never had interactions to make any impressions good or bad..

Ps: btw you and me have similar gear :)

Pc

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #25,949 of 36,065
removed

Attachments

• Normalized Katana vs SE846.png
    Normalized Katana vs SE846.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
  • THD Ratio Katana vs. SE846.png
    THD Ratio Katana vs. SE846.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #25,950 of 36,065
:)

I also worked with sunny .. found her very courteous and very responsive.. interacted with Brennan only via email to place order but never had interactions to make any impressions good or bad..

Ps: btw you and me have similar gear :)

Pc

great minds think alike.... i've even ordered an effect audio cable for my iem's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back