Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 12, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #25,892 of 36,040
Got my Encores today as well. First thought, I think I like my K10u's better!

Second thought, after a couple of hours, they sound excellent, not an improvement on the K10u's IMHO, just a different take on the signature. Not as bass heavy, granted, but just as engaging.
Reminds me of the difference between the original LCD-2 and the current LCD-2. Both are great headphones, but the original had quite a take on the bottom end.
The K10u will always have a place in my collection.
Throwing in one my into the mix, I also have the K10 customs from last year, and find them bass lighter (not light) than the K10u. The K10u's are from the second year of production.

From the first few hours of usage, the Encores remind me of an improved version of the K10 customs.

My .02$

This is blown my mind away.

Always think that custom version will have more bass due to isolation is higher. Which tips did you use on K10u

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #25,893 of 36,040
Having some issues with my Dulce Bass. The only tips that I can insert without pain are the small blue tips, albeit they are not particularly comfortable. What are people with small ear canals using with their Nobles? Small comply tips? The bore of the Nobles is huge compared to my Pinnacle P1's that fit with medium tips without any issues.

Anyone? Would love to be able to keep these but as it stands I might have to sell them.

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #25,894 of 36,040
Spiral Dots by JVC work best for me on 99% of the IEMs I've tried.

You can also try SpinFits. I'm not a huge fan, but they can be a lifesaver when comfort is an issue.

BTW, what part is causing pain? No tips should cause pain.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #25,896 of 36,040
The UPS man just popped by! With a little bonus Savant...!
IMG_9948.JPG

Jul 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #25,897 of 36,040

You can also try SpinFits. I'm not a huge fan, but they can be a lifesaver when comfort is an issue.

I think the problem is that the Noble nozzles are super wide, hence even the small tips end up being too large to fit comfortably.

Jul 12, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #25,900 of 36,040
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #25,901 of 36,040

How do the spiral dots size up versus the included Noble tips? I've been able to get a pretty good seal with the large red and large foam, the blues and double flange don't seem to get along with my ears.

I'd like to just order two spiral dot sizes to start. Should I go with M/L and L?

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #25,902 of 36,040
Does Noble provide update for people that have ordered CIEM's? I ordered mine on the 06th of June and am wondering where they are in the process

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #25,904 of 36,040
Well I just got my gently used Savanna's in and I am really disappointed. I bought them off Ebay for a good price and was planning on trying them out and if I didn't like them I was gonna sell them. It sucks because they sound SO GOOD that I have to keep them now. I was kinda hoping I didn't like them so I could sell them, but man these sound so good to my ears. Very neutral and flat, so much so that it's a little boring sounding but not in a bad way. I'm used to all my iem's/headphones adding some color to all my music and when these don't it's a little jarring. They aren't as musical as some of the other iems I own but they aren't cold or analytical at all, very different tuning than I am used to. Overall extremely impressed with my first Noble Audio product and I can now say I am most definitely a fan, although this will probably be my last pair because these were expensive enough for me.

If I had to come up with any cons, I can find a few:
-the cable is a little thin
-the chin slider feels like an afterthought
-no documentation or paperwork of any kind (what's the impedance? I'm a spec guy so it's nice to know these things)

But that's me just being picky, overall very pleased with them. I don't know if I would have paid retail for these, but for the discounted price I got them for they are well worth every penny that I spent.

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #25,905 of 36,040
Well I just got my gently used Savanna's in and I am really disappointed. I bought them off Ebay for a good price and was planning on trying them out and if I didn't like them I was gonna sell them. It sucks because they sound SO GOOD that I have to keep them now. I was kinda hoping I didn't like them so I could sell them, but man these sound so good to my ears. Very neutral and flat, so much so that it's a little boring sounding but not in a bad way. I'm used to all my iem's/headphones adding some color to all my music and when these don't it's a little jarring. They aren't as musical as some of the other iems I own but they aren't cold or analytical at all, very different tuning than I am used to. Overall extremely impressed with my first Noble Audio product and I can now say I am most definitely a fan, although this will probably be my last pair because these were expensive enough for me.

If I had to come up with any cons, I can find a few:
-the cable is a little thin
-the chin slider feels like an afterthought
-no documentation or paperwork of any kind (what's the impedance? I'm a spec guy so it's nice to know these things)

But that's me just being picky, overall very pleased with them. I don't know if I would have paid retail for these, but for the discounted price I got them for they are well worth every penny that I spent.

I would love to see the chin slider on the cables improved. It needs to be a soft material and a smaller inside diameter, so it actually stays in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back