Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #25,876 of 36,064
Just a quick question for anyone who might know or have some suggestions. I currently have a set of K10's which I absolutely love but sometimes I get interrupted a lot and it gets annoying having to pull them out of my ears frequently. I know a universal would probably help with this issue a bit but does anyone know of a headphone with a similar sound to the K10's? I also have a pair of Stax 007mkII so there's that but very different sound haha.

Tell people to leave you alone, its the cheapest option.

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #25,877 of 36,064
Tell people to leave you alone, its the cheapest option.

Hehehe...

Surely the Encore deserves a recommendation? It is after all the spiritual successor to the K10, and by all accounts a significant improvement over an already legendary IEM :)

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #25,878 of 36,064
Hehehe...

Surely the Encore deserves a recommendation? It is after all the spiritual successor to the K10, and by all accounts a significant improvement over an already legendary IEM :)

Sound wise sure, but I got the feeling he was looking for full size cans that can be taken off quickly, that have the same sound. HD800's were my first thought, or the HD800S, but that's just going by memory of over 2 years ago when I tried the S.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #25,879 of 36,064
Sound wise sure, but I got the feeling he was looking for full size cans that can be taken off quickly, that have the same sound. HD800's were my first thought, or the HD800S, but that's just going by memory of over 2 years ago when I tried the S.

Oops, my mistake. I just saw him mention universals and took the word headphone in the sense of a general descriptor of ear-gear :p

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #25,880 of 36,064
Hello

After reading many reviews about k10 encore im lening towards. Ofc im bassy head so the real problem is i have never bought high end unverisel iem and im afried it's not comfy as my C'IEM Katana i have small ears so any suggestions? Should i pull the trigger.
There's no dealer in my country selling Noble products to test it out :frowning2:
The Encore isn't an IEM for bassheads. I am a (huge) basshead myself, and I have many IEMs/headphones that deliver copious amounts of thundering bass. The K10 is closer to a top-quality IEM that might satisfy most bassheads - it delivers stellar lows that aren't excessive, but well textured and detailed.

The Encore, on the other hand, tones down the quantity of bass, and reins in a bit of that powerful midrange. Initially, I was quite disappointed in the Encore - its sound was something that was quite a few steps away from the K10. I was expecting a slightly more refined version, but what I heard was an IEM that was simply clear, detailed and sparkling.

Still, it only took an extended audition before I realised just how stellar the Encore truly is. After going past the surprise (or shock) of listening to an IEM that was a generation apart from the K10, I have come to appreciate it. A lot. It retains a bit of that midrange magic, but increases and/or enhances staging, detail, treble prominence, imaging, and almost everything else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this - you might not want the Encore if you're a basshead, and you must have that thump in your IEMs. But if you are able to audition it, do so with a clear head, and give it a little time, and you might just come to love it for what it is.

Alternatively, you could always lean to the K10. You can try shopping for a used pair. They are still as great as ever.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #25,881 of 36,064
Having some issues with my Dulce Bass. The only tips that I can insert without pain are the small blue tips, albeit they are not particularly comfortable. What are people with small ear canals using with their Nobles? Small comply tips? The bore of the Nobles is huge compared to my Pinnacle P1's that fit with medium tips without any issues.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #25,882 of 36,064
K.ENCORES ARE HERE. Hold that thought, I'm just gonna step out of existence for a while. Wow, the packaging really got kicked up a notch since my N5s came around a few years ago.

EDIT:
Wait a minute. There's a pair of the 'old' Savants thrown in the spare container. Wow, I wasn't expecting that based on the shrinkwrapped package. Huh. That's the best the poor old phone can muster, but I've got more important things to be doing with these than taking pictures of them. :beerchug: God, how do you even manufacture the new Encore/Katana to be finished so well?...

DSC_0057.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #25,883 of 36,064
Spend most of the workday with KANN & Encore. It was a delight. :)

KANN & Encore 02.jpg

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #25,884 of 36,064
K.ENCORES ARE HERE. Hold that thought, I'm just gonna step out of existence for a while. Wow, the packaging really got kicked up a notch since my N5s came around a few years ago.

EDIT:
Wait a minute. There's a pair of the 'old' Savants thrown in the spare container. Wow, I wasn't expecting that based on the shrinkwrapped package. Huh. That's the best the poor old phone can muster, but I've got more important things to be doing with these than taking pictures of them. :beerchug: God, how do you even manufacture the new Encore/Katana to be finished so well?...

Enjoy your new IEMs. Just waiting for mine to clear customs and hope they'll be here soon. Hope they come with the surprise just as yours did!

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #25,885 of 36,064
I got my Encore today, glad to see the extra pair of Savants unfortunately I didn't try it yet because I can't remove the Encore from my ears or maybe I just don't want to :L3000:, I must to say that these are fantastic!
Using Opus#1 and the iFi micro iDSD BK.

Attachments

• IMG_20170711_185941693-01.jpeg
    IMG_20170711_185941693-01.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #25,886 of 36,064
Got my Encores today as well. First thought, I think I like my K10u's better!

Second thought, after a couple of hours, they sound excellent, not an improvement on the K10u's IMHO, just a different take on the signature. Not as bass heavy, granted, but just as engaging.
Reminds me of the difference between the original LCD-2 and the current LCD-2. Both are great headphones, but the original had quite a take on the bottom end.
The K10u will always have a place in my collection.
Throwing in one my into the mix, I also have the K10 customs from last year, and find them bass lighter (not light) than the K10u. The K10u's are from the second year of production.

From the first few hours of usage, the Encores remind me of an improved version of the K10 customs.

My .02$

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #25,888 of 36,064
Got my Encores today as well. First thought, I think I like my K10u's better!

Second thought, after a couple of hours, they sound excellent, not an improvement on the K10u's IMHO, just a different take on the signature. Not as bass heavy, granted, but just as engaging.
Reminds me of the difference between the original LCD-2 and the current LCD-2. Both are great headphones, but the original had quite a take on the bottom end.
The K10u will always have a place in my collection.
Throwing in one my into the mix, I also have the K10 customs from last year, and find them bass lighter (not light) than the K10u. The K10u's are from the second year of production.

From the first few hours of usage, the Encores remind me of an improved version of the K10 customs.

My .02$

I find them to be an improvement easily, its not massive, but its noticeable in clarity, detail and sound stage. That's me saying that comparing my customs to the Encore universal.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #25,889 of 36,064
Well, the Encore officially blows the absolute pants off of anything I've ever heard... that said, my daily driver at home was a pair of Shure SRH-1540s and the N5W's at work, and so I can't even make a remotely fair comparison to anything. There are no words for how glad I am that I went with the Encore - the sound signature is exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'd really like to hear the Katana out of curiosity; if this is considered the fun brother to the other more resolving flagship, then I wouldn't even know what to expect out of them... I already see the Encore is going to ruin all the poorly recorded/mastered songs in my library for me. :beerchug:

Now I just need about three dozen pairs of the medium blue silicone ear tips. I see Comply jacked the price up on their foam tips again since the last time I ordered them in bulk. ...Aaand now you've got me wanting to order that Prestige K10 Encore in carbon glass I've been watching all this time. Maybe for Christmas.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #25,890 of 36,064
Well, the Encore officially blows the absolute pants off of anything I've ever heard... that said, my daily driver at home was a pair of Shure SRH-1540s and the N5W's at work, and so I can't even make a remotely fair comparison to anything. There are no words for how glad I am that I went with the Encore - the sound signature is exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'd really like to hear the Katana out of curiosity; if this is considered the fun brother to the other more resolving flagship, then I wouldn't even know what to expect out of them... I already see the Encore is going to ruin all the poorly recorded/mastered songs in my library for me. :beerchug:

Now I just need about three dozen pairs of the medium blue silicone ear tips. I see Comply jacked the price up on their foam tips again since the last time I ordered them in bulk. ...Aaand now you've got me wanting to order that Prestige K10 Encore in carbon glass I've been watching all this time. Maybe for Christmas.

Customs are a godsend for no longer dealing with tips, for me, put them in and voila. The Katana as I have said before is amazing in the clarity department, which is something I really value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back