Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 26, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #25,771 of 36,063

C66I7932 copy SQUARE.jpg

Please join us for Wizard’s 45th Birthday Celebration beginning Wednesday, June 28th, at 12:00 am PST (GMT-7) for 45 hours.

20% off all universal IEMs plus free 'legacy' Savant IEM ($599 value) with every universal Kaiser Encore or Katana purchase while supplies last

15% off all CIEMs, excluding Rush Order

-------------

www.nobleaudio.com

Facebook
| Twitter | Instagram

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #25,780 of 36,063
Happy birthday John.

Here's another pic for you!

Sage 01.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #25,782 of 36,063
Happy birthday Wizard! Hope you have a truly wonderful day.

Quick question to the group, I have both the original version of the K10u, which I love, and a more neutral, to my ears anyway, K10 custom from last year. I really prefer the K10u for it's fun factor even as I do still love the other.
How close is the Encore to the sound of either K10 earphones? Is it worth the upgrade?
Also thinking of the Katana as a different take on sound that would be something different to use with jazz or classical especially.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
thanks.

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #25,783 of 36,063
Happy birthday Wizard! Hope you have a truly wonderful day.

Quick question to the group, I have both the original version of the K10u, which I love, and a more neutral, to my ears anyway, K10 custom from last year. I really prefer the K10u for it's fun factor even as I do still love the other.
How close is the Encore to the sound of either K10 earphones? Is it worth the upgrade?
Also thinking of the Katana as a different take on sound that would be something different to use with jazz or classical especially.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
thanks.

The Encore is the K10 with improved clarity, detail and sound stage, so its the same fun factor just elevated. The Katana has even more clarity than the Encore, but less rumble in the sub bass. Its more tuned for a reference sound.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #25,784 of 36,063
Just got a notification on my phone about the noble audio sale and its suckered me back into headfi since buying JHA Roxannes a couple of years ago.

Can i ask the wise here if the universal encores would be an upgrade as far as overall SQ and bass or are they on a similar level with the roxannes ?

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #25,785 of 36,063
Mmm... Pacific time - guess I'll drop the order in the morning.

Looks like I'mma need a new stock of tips, too - any recommendations from anyone with more experience than myself? I've been using medium Comply 'Comfort' tips on the N5s for the last two years just because I could never find any silicone tips that didn't just fall out of my ears immediately. They're comfortable... enough... but generally disintegrate after about three days of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back