Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #25,756 of 36,040
Hi everyone,

There's loads of information about Kaiser Encore and Katana, and quite a bit about the rest of the Noble line, except, it seems, for the Django. I wonder if anybody could post any impressions of the Django, particularly in comparison with Encore and Katana. I ask because I'm seriously contemplating diving in for one or other of the three. I'm in the UK, so probably can get a preview, but I'm interested in opinion.

For background, my musical tastes are extremely broad, from acoustic folky music, all the way to the densest extreme noise rock! I like a firm bass, so my preference between Encore and Katana, based on the information available, is for Encore. But how does Django fit in? (It would obviously save me some money...)

Not sure where you are in the UK but Audio Sanctuary sell all of the current Noble line up and I think they have them all available for demo in their high street store in New Malden, London. (web address is: https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/noble/)

I got my Encore from them and they provide a really good service.

You could also PM the owner (Phil) on here, as he's a nice guy and he may be able to give you some advice about your choice and if you could demo them - his Head-Fi handle on here is: @PhilW

Cheers

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #25,757 of 36,040
I had a quick comparison of the django a couple weeks vs some of the iems in the line up here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns.684787/page-1682#post-13414664.

I really liked what it did and its technical capabilities. Being fun but ALSO technically proficient is a hard line to stradle and Noble does it fantastically with the Django. If you like a medium amount of boosted bass and treble (about +2 to +4 db) then the Djangos are basically the upgrade path for mild V-shape iems. Take this impression with a grain of salt and consider it along with my other impressions of the other iems in the lineup, since i heard them all at the same time, that is the impression they had on me in comparison to each other.

Also keep in mind, i conditioned my hearing to the SQ of the Ether C (non flow) and thats where i am coming from. They are reference and almost completely neutral, so if you are coming from a different headphone the Djangos may not have the same impression on you as it did on me.

Thanks, Cloudastrophe. Much appreciated!

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #25,758 of 36,040
Not sure where you are in the UK but Audio Sanctuary sell all of the current Noble line up and I think they have them all available for demo in their high street store in New Malden, London. (web address is: https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/noble/)

I got my Encore from them and they provide a really good service.

You could also PM the owner (Phil) on here, as he's a nice guy and he may be able to give you some advice about your choice and if you could demo them - his Head-Fi handle on here is: @PhilW

Cheers

Yep, that's where I'd go :wink:

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #25,761 of 36,040
I don't remember if I put in my entry numbers. How am I supposed to make sure no one else used my numbers? They took away my thread search function...

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #25,763 of 36,040
Hi everyone,

There's loads of information about Kaiser Encore and Katana, and quite a bit about the rest of the Noble line, except, it seems, for the Django. I wonder if anybody could post any impressions of the Django, particularly in comparison with Encore and Katana. I ask because I'm seriously contemplating diving in for one or other of the three. I'm in the UK, so probably can get a preview, but I'm interested in opinion.
If you are near London then you can also check with Aid2Hearing (http://aid2hearing.co.uk) run by Gisele Flower. She is a recommended audiologist for Noble and always tries to have their complete line available to demo. She can also do your impressions if you would like to go for the custom option. She has amazing service and a lot of experience with CIEMs.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #25,764 of 36,040

THANK YOU EVERYONE, THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.

PLEASE TUNE IN NEXT MONDAY, JUNE 26th, AT 9 AM PST (GMT-7) TO LEARN WHO WON AND ANOTHER EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!

And the Encore 2017 goes to......
giphy.gif

Eeeeh, please wait a moment... :wink:

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #25,765 of 36,040
the main search bar is the thread search function. you just check"this thread only"
Got it, thanks buddy.

Looks like I did post some numbers, after a bit of whisky, of course. That would be why I don't remember clearly,

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #25,766 of 36,040
P1 + Encore + OKNOTOK (hi res) = Stunning
20 years on and never sounded better.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #25,767 of 36,040
P1 + Encore + OKNOTOK (hi res) = Stunning
20 years on and never sounded better.

Hows the dynamic range on that album? They didn't screw up the re-master, did they?

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #25,768 of 36,040
Dynamic range seems to me to be about on par with last remaster, which sounded pretty good to me. My original cd got scratched to hell prior to getting into head-fi, so can't really comment on it compared to that. Would say there is a slight improvement on detail, however whether that is due to the remaster or being hi-res i can't say.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #25,769 of 36,040
Dynamic range seems to me to be about on par with last remaster, which sounded pretty good to me. My original cd got scratched to hell prior to getting into head-fi, so can't really comment on it compared to that. Would say there is a slight improvement on detail, however whether that is due to the remaster or being hi-res i can't say.

It's at times like these I like to visit the Dynamic Range Database. Here's their analysis of the new OK Computer 20th Anniversary Edition from a 24-bit download.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/130714

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #25,770 of 36,040
Yeah, it looks like it's about the same as the original. I was hoping for maybe better this time around. But still, I may pick this up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back