Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 28, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #24,811 of 36,051

Wow. You literally jumped straight into the deep end.

I confess to more than a little nervousness in this process :wink:  

Unfortunately, I have never been able to find any IEM/tip combo that even remotely worked for me.  When I got my impressions, the tech commented on the unusual shape/size of my ear canals, so I take that as root cause.  I'm at an age where it is use it or lose it time for my hearing, so I really wanted a TOTL audio experience when on the move without looking like a dufus. It was a leap of faith, but I had faith.

Thankfully, the fit is impeccable.  I'm delighted, and eager to be able to enjoy that no compromise music experience in so many other parts of my life (thanks @FullCircIe and team!)

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #24,812 of 36,051
For this week's Wednesday article, we had a short interview with Dr. John. Find out more about his life and musical preference.

(In this weekly series of articles you will discover what are the business insider’s favorite albums and tracks. We have contacted a broad selection of industry experts and each Wednesday you can discover one of those guy’s favorite albums and why this is so)

http://www.headfonia.com/blog-the-fav-album-of-noble-2/

Enjoy! And thank you Dr. John for accepting my request :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #24,813 of 36,051
I confess to more than a little nervousness in this process :wink:  

Unfortunately, I have never been able to find any IEM/tip combo that even remotely worked for me.  When I got my impressions, the tech commented on the unusual shape/size of my ear canals, so I take that as root cause.  I'm at an age where it is use it or lose it time for my hearing, so I really wanted a TOTL audio experience when on the move without looking like a dufus. It was a leap of faith, but I had faith.

Thankfully, the fit is impeccable.  I'm delighted, and eager to be able to enjoy that no compromise music experience in so many other parts of my life (thanks @FullCircIe
 and team!)

I had the same issues as you with IEM's. Went for CIEM's ( JH 13's then finally K10's) and never looked back. I envy people who get a good fit with IEM's and can try many different flavours but to own a TOTL CIEM is a joy that has continued for four years now. I still smile when I put them in. I travel around on public transport a lot for work and having such a high level of sound quality on the move is sometimes surreal.
Another similarity with you that I can relate
to is getting older and wanting to make the most of what hearing I have left! Enjoy your music. K

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #24,814 of 36,051

- It seems like I'm hearing bass, but not feeling it...new experience for me

That's because it's BA bass. If you want to feel the bass, go for a dynamic driver IEM. Not even the best BA TOTL will give the bass impact and punch of a decent dynamic driver.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #24,818 of 36,051

Challenge Accepted

John, you shouldn't tease us like this. 
ph34r.gif

I am a huge fan of bass produced by quality dynamic drivers. They are really hard to beat, IMO.

Of course, I have heard BA-based IEMs with superb lows, too. The K10 being one of them. Still, I wonder how a Noble hybrid might sound? 
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #24,819 of 36,051
In my opinion my Kaiser Encore has a really impactful and physical bass. Almost like my Fostex TH900, but with even better quality. The Encore is also better in bass department than my Shure SE846 (also BA) and my Sennheiser ie800 (dynamic). I really couldn´t ask or want any more. :wink:

I´m a sucker for good bass, so if it´s possible to make it even better... well my wallet begs mercy.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #24,821 of 36,051
I'm very curious as to what the good doctor has in store for us. Dd? Hybrid? Straight ba with some special tinkering... Cant wait.

I think I would actually wee myself slightly with excitement were I to find out that the Wizard was going to be making a DD hybrid IEM
etysmile.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #24,822 of 36,051
Katana vs Encore which one has smoother treble and better bass ? I'm sensitive with treble. Im about to get one but don't know which one is for me. Will it be worth to upgrade from campfire vega ?

If you are treble sensitive, the Katana is the sharper more trebleriffic. I really suggest auditioning both. I love the Encore!

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #24,823 of 36,051
  If you are treble sensitive, the Katana is the sharper more trebleriffic. I really suggest auditioning both. I love the Encore!

Noooo!.... er.. @FullCircIe .. I challenge you to make a Wizard Encore!
wink_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #24,824 of 36,051

John, you shouldn't tease us like this. 
ph34r.gif

I am a huge fan of bass produced by quality dynamic drivers. They are really hard to beat, IMO.

Of course, I have heard BA-based IEMs with superb lows, too. The K10 being one of them. Still, I wonder how a Noble hybrid might sound? 
wink.gif

Yes, K10 bass is among the best BA bass I've heard. I'd still rate Earsonics Velvet as king of BA bass, however. Still, quality dynamic bass is something else. I'd be very interested in a Noble hybrid but R&D'ing a quality dynamic driver from the ground up is no easy task. It can take years.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #24,825 of 36,051
Just got my custom Katana's today... for my first CIEM the fit is outstanding in a way that any universal hasn't even gotten close to. According to my audiologist I've got very narrow ear canals which was probably was every universal left me sore after a few hours.

The sound is pretty astonishing for such a small package, eager to put them through their paces.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back