Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #24,796 of 36,097
How long did it take for them to resolve your issue?

Its been two days since i emailed them and they havent gotten back to me after saying they would talk to their engineers.
..must be a really intense talk. D:

OH NO I JUST HAD A THOUGHT. I HOPE NO ONE AT NOBLE IS GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE. 

I dropped Sunny and Brannan a mail early in the morning Ireland Time and got a phonecall from Brannan and John later that evening. Very happy with the customer service and attitude.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #24,805 of 36,097
Everything about that piece says class.
From what I read the sound lives up to the visual presentation.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just not true.
The sound *exceeds* the visual presentation
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #24,808 of 36,097
Got my Katana CIEMs today!  (serial number 55 for those keeping track at home)

Having never had a CIEM before, new experience all around, but very much enjoying it.

Quick first impressions (MacBook Pro -> Audirvana+ with high res content -> USB -> Mojo -> Katana):

The mini Pelican case is cool!

Fit was very comfortable with a reasonable seal, once I figured out which end was up
   - I have never in my life been able to have IEMs, because I've never been able to get a reasonable seal with stock tips (apparently my ear canals are atypical)
   - I was apprehensive about having fit issues even with CIEMs, but the fit is absolutely fantastic, stable, and invisible  (couldn't be happier)

Absolutely gorgeous
   - Social acceptance factor WAAYYY higher than my Senn HD800's or Audio Zenith PMx2's
   - I would have zero issue wearing these to the store or as I walk around (key reason I bought them)

Isolation was surprisingly pleasant (not annoying at all)
   - Didn't feel like I was boxed in a small room...rather, like sitting in a quiet room at the end of the day, which is exactly what it should be
   - No complaints from my cube neighbors (another reason I bought them)
   - Looking forward to seeing how they do on an airplane or other noisy setting

Bass is a bit thinner than I thought it would be (I'm a neutral headphone guy, not a basshead)
   - I don't think it is the seal (seal seems good, and applying pressure isn't changing tone for me)
   - It seems like I'm hearing bass, but not feeling it...new experience for me
   - More I've been listening, the more I'm learning what to listen for?

The precision and dynamics in the mids and highs are mighty impressive
   - In particular, well recorded piano is amazing with these things, as are orchestral pieces (you just can't overwhelm them...pretty cool)

Good recordings REALLY make a difference in playback
   - Chesky catalog is fantastic, as is stuff from Blue Coast Records

The vertical soundstage seems a lot more compressed and less resolved than the left/right sound stage
   - I'm going to need to fiddle with this...may need some cross talk to open things up
   - As is, for small jazz ensembles, I'm not getting the in the room experience I'm used to with my cans and 2 channel setup

Net net: Couldn't ask for better comfort, aesthetics, and social acceptability.  The speed and responsiveness of the sound is fantastic (almost unbelievably so), and I appreciate the very neutral sound.  I need to learn more about listening to bass in this way (pretty intriguing experience actually), and still need to play around with what can be done to influence the soundstage, but that is part of the fun!

Thanks to Brannan, Sunny, Ally, and whole team for the help and support in getting my order done and delivered.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #24,809 of 36,097
  Got my Katana CIEMs today!  (serial number 55 for those keeping track at home)

Having never had a CIEM before, new experience all around, but very much enjoying it.

Quick first impressions (MacBook Pro -> Audirvana+ with high res content -> USB -> Mojo -> Katana):

The mini Pelican case is cool!

Fit was very comfortable with a reasonable seal, once I figured out which end was up
   - I have never in my life been able to have IEMs, because I've never been able to get a reasonable seal with stock tips (apparently my ear canals are atypical)
   - I was apprehensive about having fit issues even with CIEMs, but the fit is absolutely fantastic, stable, and invisible  (couldn't be happier)

Absolutely gorgeous
   - Social acceptance factor WAAYYY higher than my Senn HD800's or Audio Zenith PMx2's
   - I would have zero issue wearing these to the store or as I walk around (key reason I bought them)

Isolation was surprisingly pleasant (not annoying at all)
   - Didn't feel like I was boxed in a small room...rather, like sitting in a quiet room at the end of the day, which is exactly what it should be
   - No complaints from my cube neighbors (another reason I bought them)
   - Looking forward to seeing how they do on an airplane or other noisy setting

Bass is a bit thinner than I thought it would be (I'm a neutral headphone guy, not a basshead)
   - I don't think it is the seal (seal seems good, and applying pressure isn't changing tone for me)
   - It seems like I'm hearing bass, but not feeling it...new experience for me
   - More I've been listening, the more I'm learning what to listen for?

The precision and dynamics in the mids and highs are mighty impressive
   - In particular, well recorded piano is amazing with these things, as are orchestral pieces (you just can't overwhelm them...pretty cool)

Good recordings REALLY make a difference in playback
   - Chesky catalog is fantastic, as is stuff from Blue Coast Records

The vertical soundstage seems a lot more compressed and less resolved than the left/right sound stage
   - I'm going to need to fiddle with this...may need some cross talk to open things up
   - As is, for small jazz ensembles, I'm not getting the in the room experience I'm used to with my cans and 2 channel setup

Net net: Couldn't ask for better comfort, aesthetics, and social acceptability.  The speed and responsiveness of the sound is fantastic (almost unbelievably so), and I appreciate the very neutral sound.  I need to learn more about listening to bass in this way (pretty intriguing experience actually), and still need to play around with what can be done to influence the soundstage, but that is part of the fun!

Thanks to Brannan, Sunny, Ally, and whole team for the help and support in getting my order done and delivered.

Great first impressions! Nice :)
I agree with your music choices, Chesky and Blue Coast Records are some of my favourites too.
Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back