Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 29, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #24,526 of 36,066
Received some medium Spiral Dots and tried them for a good 2 weeks on my Savants.

Now i know they are highly recommended in this thread however i really couldn't get into them. Compared to the stock red/orange tips the mids seemed a little bit leaner for my liking (although i think they were more detailed) Also i lost a bit more bass punch as well. 

Overall i just thought the balance with the spiral dots felt off. 

Wonder if anyone else felt the same way with the spiral dots on their nobles.
I played with a variety of tips on both my Savant and Katana, including all the stock tips, spinfit and spiral dot. It is really a personal sound preference plus how your ears are like. For me I'm always swapping between the stock blue tips, spinfit and spiral dots. If I have to choose, spiral dots come first. They are indeed not as thick sounding as the stock red tips, but more balanced. Spinfit provides great separation and positioning but the sound overall is too thin.

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #24,527 of 36,066
Does anyone have an opinion on K10 Encore Universal vs K10 Encore Customs?

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #24,528 of 36,066

Though I've no experience with either, from what I read: Universal will give you better resale value and you can share the enjoyment; Custom will give you better isolation, which will allow you to enjoy your music in louder environments whilst using a lower volume.

I've decided to go custom as I'd like to keep myself isolated, with the bonus of protecting my hearing.

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #24,529 of 36,066

With customs you get a perfect fit everytime and dont have to worry about adjusting the earbuds until they feel right, get a perfect seal everytime so you can be much more isolated, no discomfort after wearing ciems for hours and hours on end, no need to worry about losing tips/replacing them ... BUT you cant share them, resell value is low, long wait time for it to be built, and you have to get ear impressions done.

With universals ... just swap the pros and cons of CIEMS stated above.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #24,530 of 36,066

The Kaiser Encore Universal is in production right now, a batch will be shipped on Monday, so I don't suspect the wait would be long.

Yeah, can't wait to hear them, John. The distributor in Singapore reckons the universal demo will arrive in February, so I'm hoping I can get to hear them before I fly off to Japan. Otherwise, I'll probably have a lengthy audition when I visit E-Earphone in Tokyo. My K10 will be with me on this trip. Time to compare the 2.. 
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #24,531 of 36,066

The Kaiser Encore Universal is in production right now, a batch will be shipped on Monday, so I don't suspect the wait would be long.

I really hope a few of those Encores will be shipped to those (me) who ordered on black friday. The waiting is killing me softly.
wink.gif

yippee canada too

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #24,533 of 36,066
Encore, SW24, Mojo, PC playing EDM. Errr....lol. My ears are getting bass battered, its incredible. (For anyone wondering, volume is still below Red Red), it is a testament to how good the Encore perform with the above set up. Auralgasmic.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #24,534 of 36,066
Finding the Samsung Galaxy S7 doesn't pair well with K10, in fact my old UE900 sounds better. K10 still the king with my Fiio x5 though.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #24,538 of 36,066
Noble website still says 3-4 weeks for shipping the Encore. Is this still accurate or could one expect it to be earlier?

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #24,540 of 36,066
They have left the labs and in route now. I suspect they will reach California mid week. They then will be processed and shipped accordingly

My guess, 2-3 weeks maximum wait time if ordered today.

Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back