Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 25, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #24,496 of 36,092

After one month of owning a Kaiser Encore custom I think it’s time to share my (unprofessional) impressions.

At first I have to apologize because neither my English nor my sound description is as accurate as I would like, however I try my very best.

This is my first pair of (costly) CIEM, so I was quite excited when I could afford a pair of K10. Before that I only owned a Shure 215, an Ultrasone HFI-780 and a Cowon P1, so there will be no direct comparison. Several days after Sunny’s confirmation mail, Noble announced the Kaiser Encore. I reached out to Brannan and asked for an update to KE, he and Sunny have done a great job and change my order. About eleven weeks after ordering and few days before Christmas, I received a package by Noble, and had to pay less tax then I was prepared for. Nice additional gift! But the real ones are the CIEMs themselves.

I absolutely love the design (don’t ask me why I chose a red, it just hit me). Hand-manufactured masterpiece which fit snugly in my ears. I don’t have any issues with seal break, I can move, run, eat, talk and nothing hurts. I though my strange narrow ear canals could be a problem for the seal or even the placement of sound bores, but everything went well. If someone is interested, my ear impressions were made in a slightly open jaw position without a bite block.

Until Christmas I was more an EDM/Electronic music guy who listened also to some normal, popular song. But with KE, much EDM music are pretty bad recorded, that is why I was looking for some other music. That was the best decision of the year (after ordering :wink:. I browsed this and some other threads for music recommendations and found a complete new way to enjoy music. Songs by Amber Rubarth, Macy Gray and many others sounds so realistic. You can feel how every instrument is placed around yourself, sometimes only couple of meters, sometimes on a really big stage. I even sometimes here something clicking or dropping in the recorded environment, and I instantly move my head because I thought I would be in real life, because it sounds so natural and positioned. After I received some albums by Art of Noise, Pink Floyd, and Flim & The BB’s from my father, it goes even one step further. I was really frightened by some songparts and amplitudes. It just hit you, completely unprepared. It sounds so clear, detailed and fast but can also punch your face if it's necessary. The amount of bass feels right and balanced in my opinion. If you need more the KE can easily deliver more by changing cable, use EQ (really good on my P1) or other tweaks. I cannot explain (and also don’t know) which frequencies are boosted or whatsoever, it just feels right, no hiss or massive bass. In combination with my P1 they are definitely on the warm side.

I still listen to (for me) new music genres and every time I’m impressed by the KE. After plugging in some other headphones, I don’t want to listen to vocals and instruments, there is no fun anymore. That’s probably the reason why I never got stuck at these genres. At EDM or popular pop everything is so mixed up, like mash or some other stuff, it’s no big difference. Don’t get me wrong, they sound great and many times better than my old one, but where the KE really shines is good recorded music. Binaural or not, instrument separation, soundstage, realistic sound signature and fast punches are their biggest strength.

I like the stock Noble cable, it’s quite comfortable, long enough and has small connectors on each side. Sound wise … I have no idea. From time to time I can hear some interferences which are coming from my smartphone, but this should't be a problem caused by the cable.

In conclusion, I’m really happy with my purchase, I would order them immediately again even though they are pretty expensive. Maybe … probably this one isn’t the last Noble CIEM, I’m looking forward to future line-up. Right now I'm going to convince my father, because the biggest downside of the CIEM is, that no one else can try them.

I hope this may help you. If you have more music recommendations, that would be awesome.

Big shout-out to whole Noble-Team!

Check out Above & Beyond, they have two Acoustic Albums that are particularly amazing.  Listen to "Hello" on your Encores - you won't regret it!

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #24,497 of 36,092

After one month of owning a Kaiser Encore custom I think it’s time to share my (unprofessional) impressions.

At first I have to apologize because neither my English nor my sound description is as accurate as I would like, however I try my very best.

This is my first pair of (costly) CIEM, so I was quite excited when I could afford a pair of K10. Before that I only owned a Shure 215, an Ultrasone HFI-780 and a Cowon P1, so there will be no direct comparison. Several days after Sunny’s confirmation mail, Noble announced the Kaiser Encore. I reached out to Brannan and asked for an update to KE, he and Sunny have done a great job and change my order. About eleven weeks after ordering and few days before Christmas, I received a package by Noble, and had to pay less tax then I was prepared for. Nice additional gift! But the real ones are the CIEMs themselves.

I absolutely love the design (don’t ask me why I chose a red, it just hit me). Hand-manufactured masterpiece which fit snugly in my ears. I don’t have any issues with seal break, I can move, run, eat, talk and nothing hurts. I though my strange narrow ear canals could be a problem for the seal or even the placement of sound bores, but everything went well. If someone is interested, my ear impressions were made in a slightly open jaw position without a bite block.

Until Christmas I was more an EDM/Electronic music guy who listened also to some normal, popular song. But with KE, much EDM music are pretty bad recorded, that is why I was looking for some other music. That was the best decision of the year (after ordering :wink:. I browsed this and some other threads for music recommendations and found a complete new way to enjoy music. Songs by Amber Rubarth, Macy Gray and many others sounds so realistic. You can feel how every instrument is placed around yourself, sometimes only couple of meters, sometimes on a really big stage. I even sometimes here something clicking or dropping in the recorded environment, and I instantly move my head because I thought I would be in real life, because it sounds so natural and positioned. After I received some albums by Art of Noise, Pink Floyd, and Flim & The BB’s from my father, it goes even one step further. I was really frightened by some songparts and amplitudes. It just hit you, completely unprepared. It sounds so clear, detailed and fast but can also punch your face if it's necessary. The amount of bass feels right and balanced in my opinion. If you need more the KE can easily deliver more by changing cable, use EQ (really good on my P1) or other tweaks. I cannot explain (and also don’t know) which frequencies are boosted or whatsoever, it just feels right, no hiss or massive bass. In combination with my P1 they are definitely on the warm side.

I still listen to (for me) new music genres and every time I’m impressed by the KE. After plugging in some other headphones, I don’t want to listen to vocals and instruments, there is no fun anymore. That’s probably the reason why I never got stuck at these genres. At EDM or popular pop everything is so mixed up, like mash or some other stuff, it’s no big difference. Don’t get me wrong, they sound great and many times better than my old one, but where the KE really shines is good recorded music. Binaural or not, instrument separation, soundstage, realistic sound signature and fast punches are their biggest strength.

I like the stock Noble cable, it’s quite comfortable, long enough and has small connectors on each side. Sound wise … I have no idea. From time to time I can hear some interferences which are coming from my smartphone, but this should't be a problem caused by the cable.

In conclusion, I’m really happy with my purchase, I would order them immediately again even though they are pretty expensive. Maybe … probably this one isn’t the last Noble CIEM, I’m looking forward to future line-up. Right now I'm going to convince my father, because the biggest downside of the CIEM is, that no one else can try them.

I hope this may help you. If you have more music recommendations, that would be awesome.

Big shout-out to whole Noble-Team!

Great review and thoughts, thanks. I love my universal Encore however the custom sounds like another level of sound perhaps. I too came from a Shure SE IEM, I was using the SE425's though. I agree with your comments on both sound and soundstage. Brilliant. :)
  Check out Above & Beyond, they have two Acoustic Albums that are particularly amazing.  Listen to "Hello" on your Encores - you won't regret it!

Thanks for this! Just listening to 'Hello' now as I write this. Brilliant. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #24,498 of 36,092
I am sat here just LOL at my comments above. I seem to be stuck with no other word than 'brilliant' to describe things. Hahaha. Oh dear.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #24,499 of 36,092
@subOptimal Put some Adele songs on. Wow, that is an aural treat of the highest echelon via the Encores. What a voice. Her tone is something incredible, the Encore interprets the soundstage and the songs get delivered to your ears like they are being treated to an auditory phenomenon hitherto undiscovered! :wink:

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #24,500 of 36,092
Great review and thoughts, thanks. I love my universal Encore however the custom sounds like another level of sound perhaps. I too came from a Shure SE IEM, I was using the SE425's though. I agree with your comments on both sound and soundstage. Brilliant. :)

Thanks for this! Just listening to 'Hello' now as I write this. Brilliant. 
Glad you like!

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #24,502 of 36,092
Jan 26, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #24,504 of 36,092
[Mod Comment]

Can you guys please refrain from quoting large posts full of pics when they exist in the previous post, or relatively recent posts?  Or at least do what I've just done to some of the posts above - use "spoiler" tags.  Helps the guys on mobile connections - so they don't have to scroll through pages of reposted pics/text.

Thanks

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #24,505 of 36,092
Apologize for that. Will do so in the future.

Thanks

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #24,506 of 36,092
[Mod Comment]

Can you guys please refrain from quoting large posts full of pics when they exist in the previous post, or relatively recent posts?  Or at least do what I've just done to some of the posts above - use "spoiler" tags.  Helps the guys on mobile connections - so they don't have to scroll through pages of reposted pics/text.

Thanks

Spoiler? I hardly know her.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #24,507 of 36,092

For us dance music heads, finding top quality tracks has proven to be very difficult. Big sites like Beatport and Juno have some of the more popular tracks, but locating older ones from over a decade ago is proving to be a major challenge.

Anyway, welcome to the Noble family. 
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #24,508 of 36,092
Got my Savant, and I'm pretty impressed at how they are able to tune them. With only two drivers, they sounded like there are more inside. Compared to Savannah, this Savant is more 'fun' to listen to.
But compared to Empire Supra 2, it sounded for me just below one level unfortunately.. I'm not sure why. Both having 2 BA driver..

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #24,509 of 36,092
Got my Savant, and I'm pretty impressed at how they are able to tune them. With only two drivers, they sounded like there are more inside. Compared to Savannah, this Savant is more 'fun' to listen to.
But compared to Empire Supra 2, it sounded for me just below one level unfortunately.. I'm not sure why. Both having 2 BA driver..

Noble 4/Savanna I've always considered to have a neutral/reference tuning, Sort of like a mini UERM OR UERR. Great if you want that tuning or you listen to more acoustic or classical music but not really if you want fun though occasionally some may leak through. The Savant I did like when I wanted to have a bit more fun. Noble 3 was good for a fun time too. Haven't heard the Trident though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back